00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seeking writers for quick project

1,314 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Seeking writers for quick project 2014-05-24 12:05:04

This is just a little something for fun I was thinking of doing to help writers flex their creative muscles a little bit and hopefully get those juices flowing.

PROJECT GOAL: To provide an environment of creative energy and cooperation for aspiring authors, and foster an environment of constructive criticism amongst peers. Hopefully, to have a lot of fun, and inspire other projects.

PROJECT OUTLINE: The framework of this project is based on that of a relay race. Each author will be assigned responsibility for one leg of a simple story arc: A beginning, rising action, climax, falling action, and conclusion. This project will require four authors in addition to myself, for a total of five. All skill levels and styles are welcome for this project! The idea is to be able to critique each other, give you something tangible to work on, and of course have fun with it!

PROJECT STRUCTURE: All selected authors will be invited into the project as contributors. We will use NG's Project System to share a file that each author will add to in turn. No author is to edit the work of the previous author, even minor grammatical and spelling errors. That's part of being a writer, and that is where the critiques come in! Once the project is completed, each author will critique each other's portion of the story. At the end of the project, I will make the project public, warts and all, and we will all be free to advertise our story as much or as little as we want.

FORMAT AND THEME: Our story will be typed using WordPad or any other program that can save as .rtf (Rich Text Format, accepted by NG's file sharing system).
This project's theme will be HORROR! Get creative!

At the end of this project, you will have a completed work that you were a part of, you will have gotten to know some of your peers, and hopefully will walk away with a little more knowledge than you had before. All interested parties, please PM me or reply below. If you are selected, I will be contacting you soon. I'm excited! Let's get started!

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.

Response to Seeking writers for quick project 2014-05-26 17:31:15

All spots have been filled, thanks to all contributors! Be on the lookout for more projects like this in the future, and of course, if anyone has any projects going on, I'd be happy to contribute.

Krash17's mental health secrets:

Drink more water, sleep well, and if you want friends, be a friend.