00:00
00:00

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

23,267 Views | 206 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-04-23 18:55:53

At 4/23/17 06:50 PM, CJSchildt wrote:
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

derp...

3) collaboration with personal friends on story, scripting and random poems. I am a hobbyiest drawer with a mind to animate stories and ideas. No published works and only half finished pieces at best.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-04-24 01:14:57

yea, I can add some input.

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)

Sargos

2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)

Novels, Short Stories

3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

1 unnamed fantasy novel, 2 unnamed military science fiction novels (These are "finished" as in they hit their word goals, I realized I hated them, and then abandoned the first drafts). I'm currently working off and on with a short story collection/episodic horror novel and a horror novel.

I also have about four years worth of unfinished and finished short stories lying around.

4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

I tend to leave things half done as soon as the issues start to cave in. The novel I'm working on now I've started going on six or seven times to... various effect and I have a lot of half finished stories sitting around in various notepads, flashdrives, and folders.

Also is this even an active thing anymore? Because it doesn't really seem like it.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-05-01 00:30:12

At 4/30/17 09:58 PM, sargos97 wrote:
Also is this even an active thing anymore? Because it doesn't really seem like it.

Not really. But if you see someone with common interests link up. We plan to unravel some new guild initiatives later this year.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

1) Pen name: Solace

2) Writing preferred: Comedy script, novel, and poetry

3) Past Experience: I have two novels in the words. One of them is long enough to be considered a short story
but it might reach 30 to 40 pages so I'm not sure if that qualifies as short. The other is going to be full length
I also have a knack for poetry

4) strengths and weaknesses: I don't have as much disciplined as I'd like to have in writing as I heard that some
people are able to write at least a page a day.
I think its best to quote trey parker "we don't have time for writer's block" that seems like a good to get things done.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-07-05 14:09:53

1- TealSeal
2- Poetry (Haikus, Limericks and everything in between)
3-Many poems throughout the years.
4-My Heel is my lack of motivation; my boon is wordplay

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-07-06 16:15:27

1) Braydog
2) Screenplays, Games(plot)
3) Killed (2017) Braydog Productions
4) Strength: Plot and Character Arcs /Weakness: Humor

LITERALLY ALL THE FORUM THREADS I'VE MADE!!!(last updated December 10th 2017)

Have you ever fallen asleep watching a documentary about insomnia?

BBS Signature

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)

1)I go by many names..NotCool or just Cool. I'm also known on G+ as Skeleton Boy or just Skeleton On Discord I'm Skeleton too
2)Anything really.. But not enough to reach a novel. Looking forward to grow however
3) I have written a story.. It's on my Quotev page. If you ever like to read it maybe, the link to my Quotev page is in my profile. No it's not finished.. I'm working on another one but it's not published for the time being.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

-No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, several million electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-10-05 14:12:12

Hello, Im an aspiring screen writer and I have been introduced into this community of art makers and such, I really want to try to get into other projects to get the feel of what I am doing and try to make my OWN afterwards, but since this is my first time trying im willing to work with other people who are also new or if anyone wants a screen writer as well. Im happy to be here knowing fully well that their are people just like me trying to do well in the animation, art or story writing industry. Ill be doing screen plays and send in some scripts for criticism.
Thank you for reading this~

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-10-06 14:38:40

OMG. I was looking for something like this!

1) Pen name: Rodauce

2) Writing preferred: Short Stories/Novels

3) Past Experience: I write Homoerotic NSFW books in Wattpad, https://www.wattpad.com/user/Rodauce and currently working on a personal project for a book. Currently in Wattpad I have more than 249 followers, and I'm still wanting to grow so much, sharing my passion for writing to others.

4) Strengths and Weaknesses: Sometimes inspiration is hard for me, and my writing discipline is somehow bad, but I manage it correctly most of the time. One of my strengths is that I love to have ideas for new projects, and I'm always glad I can help others in so many ways.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-10-26 22:14:59

Hey! If anyone's still lurking around here, a lot of NG users now use this new online community called CHIPS, and there's a one-hour writing contest this Sunday night at 9 p.m. EDT.

Go here for updates.

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-01 00:19:54

1) My pen name... Just call me Bee!
2) To be honest, I just love writing in general! If I had to choose, though, probably novel.
3) I have a couple of books that I have written, or have started to write, but none have been published. One is called Demonyx (finished, sixty-one chapters), the second is called As I Say (series, finished two volumes so far, total 124 chapters. First volume is called In A Soul, second is There Lies)((No, not "Their Lies". It's supposed to play out as, "In A Soul," "There Lies," and the last one is going to be, "A Certain Darkness," but I'm only three chapters in. I have writer's block... Bleh.) and the last one, which I've only written a pilot chapter to is called The Minds of Many; it's supposed to be a story about... Okay, hear me out—Special abilities. Yes. Another one of those. I'm sorry. But it starts in a prison, and the theme is supposed to be about prejudices, social injustices, and societal standards. It reflects the difficulty, but necessity of choice. Like one big compilation of "Would you save one person you know from getting hit by a train, as opposed to five total strangers?) Things like-
Gosh, sorry for rambling-
4) My greatest weakness is probably... Let's call it "Acute Confidence." The overconfidence that I have in myself when I first start writing that quickly fades after a few chapters. It heavily affects how quickly I get my projects done, and I hate it. My greatest strength is probably my ability to come up with things on the fly. I had to come up with a whole basic language for As I Say, and it actually wasn't too tiresome. I've come up with three or four different fantasy worlds for small things I started, but never finished, and I get some serious work done on plot development whenever it's called for. Uhm-
Again, sorry to ramble...

"Please quote this line in your reply." (I like that. It weeds out the people who didn't read the whole thing, and pretty much tells you who's serious about this and who just hardly gives a damn.)

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 11:53:43

Please quote this line in your reply.

1) Just call me Caleb, it's fine. I wish I had a more clever Pen Name.

2) Novels. Though I'm good at working on practically everything.

3) Two unfinished prompts I made for novels, one called "Celestial Knight", the other called "Lucky Detective". Ideas that I've had for years but I'm still working on all the worldbuilding before going straight in. Other than that, I have roleplay and fanfiction experience when it comes to writing.

4) My strength is that I'm extremely descriptive and fantastic at plot structures. My weakness is, like most people, motivation. It comes to me in random spouts.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 15:40:42

1. Phoenix
2. Novels/Short Stories
3. Finished a draft for a fantasy story, currently working on the manuscript.
4. Str: Plot, characters. Weakness: Coming up with things on the spot, pacing, initial character development (I will provide an example if asked)

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 16:48:30

At 10/26/18 10:14 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: Hey! If anyone's still lurking around here, a lot of NG users now use this new online community called CHIPS, and there's a one-hour writing contest this Sunday night at 9 p.m. EDT.

Go here for updates.

Insert super late response.

Can you give me more information about this? What's CHIPS all about?

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 17:01:00

At 12/5/18 04:48 PM, Fro wrote: Insert super late response.

Can you give me more information about this? What's CHIPS all about?

CHIPS was founded as a site for music contests, but we're trying to branch out. It was founded by long-time NG user @Johnfn. In the past 1.5 years since its founding, it's hosted week-long contests, month-long contests, hour-long contests, and even a long-form multi-round contest, most of which have specific themes for you to follow to guide your work. After each submission period, there's a judging phase where participants score each other. It's a ton of fun, and a great way to improve your work in an intimate setting. Admittedly, we haven't had a lot of participation in these hourly writing contests yet, though.

Anything else you want to know?

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 17:04:59

At 12/5/18 05:01 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
Anything else you want to know?

No that sounds pretty good. I was interested in bringing back monthly writing competitions to newgrounds. Do you think that these two sources will interfere with each other or do you think that it would be worth while to do competitions here as well?

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 17:07:20

At 12/5/18 05:04 PM, Fro wrote: No that sounds pretty good. I was interested in bringing back monthly writing competitions to newgrounds. Do you think that these two sources will interfere with each other or do you think that it would be worth while to do competitions here as well?

I would totally be down for monthly writing contests on NG. I think there's more of an established writing community here, so it would be good for both sites to be able to rekindle interest in writing contests. That would in turn help give CHIPS a platform to encourage people to use our site too.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 18:31:39

At 12/5/18 05:07 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: I would totally be down for monthly writing contests on NG. I think there's more of an established writing community here, so it would be good for both sites to be able to rekindle interest in writing contests. That would in turn help give CHIPS a platform to encourage people to use our site too.

We are so un-established that it hurts.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Currently Watching: The Office

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-05 18:34:38

At 12/5/18 06:31 PM, Tremax wrote:
At 12/5/18 05:07 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: I would totally be down for monthly writing contests on NG. I think there's more of an established writing community here, so it would be good for both sites to be able to rekindle interest in writing contests. That would in turn help give CHIPS a platform to encourage people to use our site too.
We are so un-established that it hurts.

Hit me up when there's a competition going on. Judging the newgrounds ones means I can hardly participate in them and I would love something to force my hand in writing.

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-06 00:47:25

1. Ariel, or Ariel Danielsen.
2. Novels and short stories.
3. I've written six short stories which I am occasionally sending to magazines and competitions, in the hopes of one of them being accepted.
4. Greatest strength is my active imagination! Greatest weakness is my lack of good writing habits, which I am working to fix.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-06 16:12:24

At 12/5/18 06:31 PM, Tremax wrote: We are so un-established that it hurts.

That may be true, but we’ve literally had writing contests on CHIPS where only one person participated. :/

BBS Signature

1) Jason Voorhees
2) Screenplays, video game, Novels, Poetry, and Short Stories.
3) None as of right now.
4) Paragraphing.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-07 07:26:56

1) Call me Annie.
2) Short stories, mostly in the bizarro, sci-fi, weird and horror genres. I write in Hungarian, and translate the best ones to English.
3) I have 6 published short stories in hungarian magazines, and maybe several hundred unpublished, I lost count a long time ago. At the moment I'm working on a short story about a hippie who goes to Mars to protest against the destruction of native wildlife, but he quickly realises that the "local wildlife" is just earth-originated microbes intoduced by the settlers.
4) (I suppose this question is of professional concern, not personal)
Strength: The wildest ideas pops up in my head, I'm inspired by literally the smallest thing. I'm always full of story-seeds.
Weakness: Once I'm out of mana (meaning creative energy, I imagine it like a manabar), I can't force myself to continue without having a rest. So it'll be hard to become a copywriter or a professional writer, but I'm training by writing at least 100 words every day, even if it is pain.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-07 16:18:42

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

Welp, here goes nothing...

1) Vins
2) Novels
3) Nearly a decade as a hobbyist co-writer of short novels - both vanilla and erotica.
4)
Strengths: Eloquent and verbose; attentive and devout when engaged to a project.
Weaknesses: Constant writer's block, heavily reliant on a co-writer to write me a paragraph or two when I get stuck. Experience is rooted on years of roleplaying.

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

Artist, Writer, VA & Aspiring Best Buddy! ^u^

BBS Signature

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-10 02:38:34

ArticulateMadness is fine.

I've written Novels, Short Stories, Stageplays and Screenplays. Interested in writing for Video Games.

I've written a few crime noir stories that have been published in crime magazines.
I've written in Hollywood for some big name people that actually paid me with a real check.
I've written on the independent circuit for famous actors/actresses and unknowns.
I've just recently this summer finished a novel under consideration for publishing, and an entire season of a Sci-Fi show.
I have one novel, my swan song unfinished after 10 rewrites. I have two unpublished collections of epic verse no publisher would touch because of its political nature.
Former WGA member (they will ROB YOU BLIND).
Privately I can disclose previous project if you want to know.

Satire and Comedy are my greatest strengths in writing because I love the political angles.
Writing fluff and crap for idiots is my greatest weakness because I flat out will turn the job down and walk away.

Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2018-12-11 14:31:56

1) Acin Fals

2) Preferred: Novels, Short Stories
Interested in better understanding: Comics Scripts

3) Unpublished novels, unfinished
Indie published short stories--see Medium profile. Note: Members-only stories aren't SFW

4) Strengths: Unique worldbuilding and characterizations, editing, and identifying publishing trends
Weaknesses: Plotting, playful chit chat that goes on and on (problematic in casual collaborations), and writing for publishing trends

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:\