pleasantchimera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-11-27 18:28:13 Reply

1) PleasantChimera
2) short storys, novels, and screenwriting
3)Poem published in a elementary poem collaboration, forgot the name. Recently entered short story contest
4) I feel i am skilled at describing settings and actions. I feel i am very creative, but i am not the best at character dialogue.

I hope a can improve my writing through helping people screen write for animations and the like. I'm not expecting to much to come of this, but who knows.

Yeelp
Yeelp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-09 21:03:16 Reply

1) Just call me Yeelp. Plain and simple.
2) Only novels. Stuff like fantasy novels take the cake.
3) None of my works have been finished but I am working on a novel for my book series: The Chronicles of Yeelp. It's by no means going to be short. All the other works I've done haven't panned out. I tried to write a book based of my life: Limbo, but that didn't pan out either.
4) My greatest weakness? By ability to get distracted. More often than not, my writing will get derailed and head in a completely different direction. I'm using Smart Ideas to map out my writing before hand to avoid this. Because then it becomes a game of connect the dots instead of a game of draw the line. My greatest strength is my ability to learn quickly. Kinda like adaptability.

Please quote this line in your reply.

Nailed it.

All mah audio --> Right here.

Also accepting review requests! Request it right here

Ryallen
Ryallen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-14 22:16:16 Reply

This actually sounds kinda fun. Lord knows that I need more criticism for my writing. Alright, so...

1. Ryallen
2. Novels and Video games, although I am still learning how to write for video games.
3. I have two short stories that I have written based on an idea for a video game that's been boiling and taking up space in my own head and one short story otherwise. None are published, unfortunately. Any other story that I may have either has not been completed yet or has been outright abandoned.
4. I have been told that my strength is the dialogue between my characters and their personalities and my weaknesses are more action oriented scenes and beginnings of stories.

"Please quote this line in your reply"

sonofscipio
sonofscipio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-29 13:23:20 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)
4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

1) Scipio
2) Short stories, game reviews, more specifically I like to write fiction and history genres.
3) write short stories on my own free time aka no real experience.
4) My greatest strength is my extent to write a fictional novel/ piece. Fiction for me has no bounds, and I love video games (and writing about them.) My greatest weakness is writing a piece that I am not passionate about. If you really want to see me on my best then I would have t write about something I love.

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

Leadbomber
Leadbomber
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-12-29 17:22:47 Reply

1. Leadbomber
2. Scripts, ongoing writing series, and novel
3. Wattpad writer and current developer for an upcoming animation series on Newgrounds
4. Good at coming up with new characters, creatures, and worlds

Neoslayre
Neoslayre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-02-03 00:17:50 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

Too late to join?

1. Neoslayre
2. Screenplays, and rap lyrics
3. Screenplay for a "road trip" movie, screenplay for untitled POV horror movie, untitled rap song. (ALL UNFINISHED)
4. Strengths:

Pretty good at creating interesting dialogue, and conversations between characters.
Can come up with many different interesting ideas for films.

Weaknesses: none. I'm perfect (JK)

My inability to complete anything.
I always procrastinate.
It seems like I try too hard to make dialogue sound natural that it seems to me to have the opposite effect
Writing rap is harder than I expected.

BrolfThePaladin
BrolfThePaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Audiophile
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-02-03 05:14:08 Reply

1) BrolfThePaladin
2) From normal literatur over philosophical works to comics, actually everything
3) Some comics I don't know anymore because it was too long ago, several poems (German), several philosophical textes (German, English, Bi-,Tri-,Quadlangual), some undone games (those god damn lazy gameDevs! \[<_>]/ ) and except other tiny things the normal stuff like Reviews and such things.
4) My greatest strength, which is my greatest weakness at the same time is that I'm a perfectionist.

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗDongers make me stronk!ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

BBS Signature
oobooglunk
oobooglunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-02-04 18:10:03 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:

oobooglunk

Very flexible, mostly prefer writing narratives for video games

In chronological order:

The Silver Show (unfinished, informal)

StoryShift (finished)

Project S: ReBoot storyline (unfinished)

Strength: Creative versatility, experience (I've written in a myriad of styles, both in formal and informal settings)
Weakness: Extreme focus on seemingly minor details

BBS Signature
Nithael
Nithael
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Writer

1) Nithael I guess, or Ancient as that is my general screen name nowadays.
2) To be honest, I don't have a preferred mode of writing, I've only written a manuscript so far (which is still being written) with no real purpose other than to serve as the universe my movies will take place in way down the line.
3) As stated above, a manuscript that is pretty large already, despite not being finished.
4) The fact that I just don't fucking stop writing is probably both of them.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.
My youtube channel!

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer

If you have yet to receive an admission message please PM me.

Only @Nithael and people that post after this post will be considered for new membership. Previous members that are in the guild roster found here will also still be recognized.

Thanks!

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Guild Meeting: ? | Currently Watching: Bates Motel

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-17 21:18:48 Reply

1. Neko or Lulu is fine
2. Video games, music (writing, lol), short stories, mystery, horror
3. Past experiences include writing for Sex Kitten games, short stories, and roleplay story building from years ago

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
HKS
HKS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-17 21:31:25 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

1) Just call me hks. No need to capitalize anything.
2) Short stories and some serials. Done it before, almost been published, some recognized.
3) Wrote poems, short stories and some ramblings in the dark. I can type real good.
4) My greatest strength is taking an observation in my life and calling it fiction because it's absurd to call a story a nonfiction. My secondary strength is I can 'rite rael gud'. My weakness is I take a long time to write these things.

Mansell
Mansell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Reader

1) Mansell
2) I enjoy most styles of writing, content quality depending. Mostly short stories, novels and spoken word poetry.
3) Personal writings, short stories ( two of which are complete ), poetry ( various with a couple of dozen completed pieces ), musings and studies. Nothing has even approached the chance of being published.
4) Strengths would possibly be plot development and attention to detail, weaknesses would potentially be character introduction and wrapping the story up.

Piss

BBS Signature
Amaranthus
Amaranthus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-18 07:13:58 Reply

Can you get me out of it?

1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
You have been banned from the channel.

BBS Signature
Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-18 07:38:41 Reply

At 7/18/16 07:13 AM, Amaranthus wrote: Can you get me out of it?

Yes sir!

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Guild Meeting: ? | Currently Watching: Bates Motel

BBS Signature
FoAngel
FoAngel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-21 05:44:11 Reply

FoAngel

Novels, Short stories

Been writing ever since i was 13-14, mainly short stories some have been finished but never read by anyone. There are some unfinished stories floating around my apartment somewhere

My greatest strength is my imagination. Whenever i hear a song my mind develops a story to go with it. Or whenever i see a movie my mind starts to think of ideas of how to story will continue

BrandonService
BrandonService
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Movie Buff
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-07-22 03:01:06 Reply

1) Brandon Service.
2) Prose, in the format of short story or novel.
3) A number of works with reasonable acclaim under the account of 'David Noklevername' on fanfiction.net, no longer attributable to my current writing style nor abilities. Several unpublished short stories written for commission.
4) My greatest strength is firm characterization, dynamic plots, skill in deconstructing or otherwise putting a twist on established conventions, and skill in working with fellow writers, both in aiding them accomplish their goals, and taking their advice in hand. My flaws include lack of motivation in going through with a copious amount of ideas, inability to stick with one project to develop it fully, bringing about a cohesive middle that can embody and elaborate on my concepts, and general difficulty with pacing.

GabeMalk
GabeMalk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-09-07 22:34:25 Reply

1) Gabe (Or Gabe Malk, but I do change my usernames very often).
2) Novels, video games, short stories, poetry, etc, I like all (well, most) forms of writing.
3) A few songs, short stories and poetry, all published, but none in english (I'm br hue hue hue).
4) My greatest strength and weakness can not be defined, for I as a whole am dialectical, my weakness is my strength... Just kidding, I'm creative, but not organized.

Ceci n'est pas une signature

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-09-24 00:33:45 Reply

Is anyone here able to write an animated music video?
Let me know here and I'll PM you the specifics

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-09-24 13:44:14 Reply

Let me rephrase what I said before.
I need a writer for an animated music video.
I CANNOT PAY YOU, I AM BROKE.
PM me if you are interested.

Kastor245
Kastor245
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-10-04 16:23:54 Reply

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations) Kastor
2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.) Short Stories.
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished) I have just finished my first public Short Story. I am still working on making a post and all that for it on NG.
4) Your greatest strength and weakness. Strength: I am a very dedicated person. Weakness: My grammar can be improved upon.

spongeyM8
spongeyM8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

this thread looks dead af but ayy lamo

1) Ser Spongey the Tickler
2) Poems, short stories. At some point I would also like to dabble in journalism too.
3) I have a fuck load of poems written on my phone which I have no problem supplying. As far as stories go I only have one that is public.
4) I need to be interested enough or else I lose my attention while writing very easily.

thomasbrace
thomasbrace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer

1)thomasbrace
2)Screenplay
3) Lot's of bits and pieces, nothing published yet apart from one thing that is in production which is the re-launched pilot for Boby The Animated Series
4)Strength - Dialogue
Weakness - Consistency

Dreadales
Dreadales
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2016-12-07 06:55:46 Reply

1) Dreadales.
2) Novels, Poems, Prompts.
3) I've more works than I can remember, myself. Many poems, a few prompts, only one or two works of original fiction.
4) Strength? My personal demeanor, how I view the world and interact with it. I'm a positive enough individual that I avoid and attempt to dissuade confrontation, and I value that in myself more than anything else. Weakness? My personal self doubt. Everyone is their own worst critic, and I am no exception to the phrase. I try to frame this constant self criticism into a more positive light by using it to drive my work efforts towards a higher quality and standard. This flaw makes it difficult for me to ever feel comfortable with my written works.

Alias
Alias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Reader
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-02-01 19:02:03 Reply

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds: Kaylee
2) Type of Writing Preferred: Poetry, Smut
3) Past Experience: I have a document of poetry that's over a 100 pages long saved to my computer that I've never shared, I've been published once, and I enjoy journalism in the form of poetry.
4) Your greatest strength and weakness: I don't have any extended education in writing beyond introduction college courses, however I've grown better with experience and time, and I enjoy going back and working on older works that I've created.

Calamaistr
Calamaistr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-03-04 08:43:57 Reply

Calamaistr

Scifi with a wiff of fantasy in a grim dramatic setting, hypothetical videogame storyboards, puzzly poems.

The timecrafter series (5 book finished)(scifi), The machine opera (6 part, had writers block on the 6th)(scifi), Egeo series (2 part, 1st book finished (standalone)(grim fantasy), Strangled (finished) (psychological drama), Nightmare of lighter darker (finished) (psychological drama). The many faces of - poemcollection (narration on the TMFO music albums) (none of these are published, i have more works but those are shorts and not noteworthy.. though i mightve forgotten a few that would be noteworthy..ohwell)

Strenghts: original plots with no need for twists, i always feel as if the plot creates itself as i diverge from any generic road and let it form from between the lines.., Characters are alive and iconic. In poems and songwriting i let everything rhyme inbetween lines rather than at the end of lines which sets itself appart.. i consider writing more as solving puzzles than just putting to paper my thoughts.. i battle my thoughts and become a reader as i write things down that simply roll down a waterfall of questions untill its all revealed even to me myself..and i tend to be baffled personally by the outcomes so i would think thats qualitative and with it a strenght. In short; i baffle myself with my plots.

Weakness: Very easily thrown into writersblock because i cannot force myself to write as much as i cant force myself to compose music.. it just happens .. this makes me undependable and very hard to 'work with' if any deadline exists.

-cal.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

SpaceyGrunt
SpaceyGrunt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-03-04 16:08:57 Reply

I really want to try and imrpove so...
1)SpaceyGrunt
2)I think novels and videogames (keep searching muy style)
3)Only some scripts about an animación that I want to do
4)Strength: can't think of one
Weakness: inexperience, difficulty expressing thoughts

widebrimhatter
widebrimhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-03-11 19:55:35 Reply

Did anyone ever have a moment where they see what is selling, look at their own stuff and wonder why people just like some bad things? Has it ever made you want to stop or does it push you to keep going

I ask because my friend not on here wanted help with a project and I had to research every reality show xfinity had on demand to see what was popular, what they would take, it almost ended with me trying to put my head through a brick because some of them were so bad it made me lose faith in humanity. Considering that happens in writing (twilight) as well it makes me wonder if anyone has had that moment and how they worked with it.?

BBS Signature
storyworker
storyworker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-03-31 22:17:33 Reply

I'm know I'm late to the party, but sign me up!

1) 'Storyworker' is fine, thanks.
2) Poetry... though I'm not interested in 'writing' as much as in 'creative development'.
3) There are too many to list (poems are short), all but one are unpublished, and none are ever 'really' finished.
4) Dynamism and action.

"this line"

artynom
artynom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Art Lover
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2017-04-04 14:20:01 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

1) artynom
2) wierd, over the top, outside the box, fantasy stories
3)none on new ground, but much practice and experience with writers
4)strength: big fantasy an weird in a good way weakness: spiders