New Topic Respond to this Topic
Krichotomy
Krichotomy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-10-24 12:06:00 Reply

I've only hesitated to join because I can't decide on a pen name. Oh, heck with it:

1) Krichotomy
2) Novels preferred, but I'm still stretching my wings out and don't know in which direction I'll fly.
3) I have not finished any of the stories I am writing, but I do turn out a poem from time to time.
4) My strength is being critical and coming up with new ideas, my weakness is connecting those new ideas and filling out a complete plot.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

SilverFoxJams
SilverFoxJams
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-10-25 09:25:40 Reply

Hi WNG! How are you guys and gals? Come up with any interesting writings lately?

I managed to write a new poem. I have lyrics for a fun, happy sounding song project I'm going to put a lot of focus into in the near future. :D I will be singing once I get the actual music stuff figured out.

As for writing something of a spooky poem, I'll think about that and give it a try sometime soon, hopefully before Halloween!

Yeah, I've joined the WNG crew now. :)

BBS Signature
Krichotomy
Krichotomy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-10-27 13:37:18 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:
Please quote this line in your reply.

^ Or was I supposed to quote it like that, so that Tremax is notified that there is a new post?

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-10-28 19:07:49 Reply

At 10/27/14 01:37 PM, Krichotomy wrote:
At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:
^ Or was I supposed to quote it like that, so that Tremax is notified that there is a new post?

Thank you! I didn't see the post until you quoted the line.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Guild Meeting: ? | Currently Watching: Bates Motel

BBS Signature
Leddusadeladus
Leddusadeladus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-10-29 16:27:59 Reply

1. Leddus

2. Anything really.

3. Seven finished episodes of a series named Onicary. I'm not sure how the rules of posting work is here so i'm not going to for now.

4. Greatest strength is plot development. Greatest weakness is getting those first few words down in the best way I can.

widebrimhatter
widebrimhatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-05 12:11:56 Reply

BigTAnderdon
Don't have one - I like learning new tricks and figuring how my other skills translate over to a new field before growing.
50 fanfictions ( Great Practice I Think)
1 Cookbook - (Self Published for Kindle)
Working on a novel for nanowrimo
Assorted stories, poetry, and an odd rap or two equaling two about three thousand pages handwritten
Greatest strength and weakness.
Jack of all trades and master of none. I have faith I do a great number of things at a good level just not a couple great things. The good news about that is I feel I can hold my own in a lot more writing situations then most.

BBS Signature
Squishy69
Squishy69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-06 15:10:42 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

1) Compendium of Steve

2) Short stories, parodies and comedy mostly

3) Wrote a whole slew of fanfiction, one of which is novel-length. Participated in a few NG write-offs some years ago, winning 3rd place in one of them. Have a number of original works unpublished/unfinished.

4) Greatest strengths are a good sense of humor, writing quality and ability to stick to a schedule when need be. Weaknesses are lack of motivation, limited speaking verb range and limited ideas for non-fanfiction stories.

There is no Mercy, only DoDonPachi

BBS Signature
ThatAsshole
ThatAsshole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-07 11:47:15 Reply

"Please quote this line in your reply."

1. ThatAsshole
2. Short Stories, poetry
3. I haven't actually seriously written anything outside of an English class yet, aside from a few unnamed poems that were destroyed shortly after completion
4. Strengths: Good diction, interesting story concepts Weaknesses: Inability to finish projects, very morbid.

TheInnerScience
TheInnerScience
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-12 21:08:31 Reply

1) TheInnerScience
2)Short Stories, Novellas, and Poetry
3) http://theinnerscience.newgrounds.com/news/post/852560>Twist of Sensation (finished), http://theinnerscience.newgrounds.com/news/post/849979>Parricide (finished), http://theinnerscience.newgrounds.com/news/post/844241>Death of a Poet (finished), http://theinnerscience.newgrounds.com/news/post/833090>The Library (finished), http://theinnerscience.newgrounds.com/news/post/866942>Lonely Ramets (unfinished).
4)A strength: I have an open mind, and I always welcome criticism of any kind. A weakness: I am prone to over analyzing my work and procrastinating.

ImperialTeaCup
ImperialTeaCup
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Movie Buff
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-12 22:46:06 Reply

1) Pen Name: ImperialTeaCup

2) Preferences: Short Stories, Novellas

3) Completed Works: I've participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) twice, both times hitting the 50k word limit. I wouldn't consider either work 'complete' though because I could never be arsed to go back and edit them into anything at least partially readable. Really enjoyed the experience though and I'd be doing it this year if I wasn't so busy with Uni work. I have however completed a number of short stories, some of which have disappeared into the ether that is old hard-drives and such. One of the ones I actually got 'out there' so to speak is on the CreepyPasta wiki here:
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/A_Strange_Night_in_the_City_of_Angels

4) Strengths: I've always more or less got a few ideas bouncing around. This means that any time I sit down with the intention of writing something it's generally a cake walk to get started.

Weaknesses: However, I find it pretty difficult to stick with projects I start. I've got a bunch of one paragraph Word documents cluttering up my hard-drive which attest to that.

BBS Signature
Ciullo-Corporation
Ciullo-Corporation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Game Developer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-20 04:00:23 Reply

Seems nice... I wish to join!

1)- before starting as Ciullo Corporation, I use to have "Cavaliere Nero" (Black knight) as nickname...
2)- Everything: I range from prose to poetry, all genres (often crossovering them)
3)- A Poems Collecion dedicated to women (finished and self-published) - A Horror Sci-fi movie (3D CG - W.I.P.) - A fantasy videogame (3D CG Indie - W.I.P.) - A contemporary tales collection (W.I.P.) - A pirates tale (published only in Italy as multi-part story - rewriting it to include it into a fantasy tales collection) - I Guardiani del Fato (my masterpiece - an all genres crossover story)
4)- I wrote tales and poems from since I've learned to write, perhaps this may be considered both my greatest strenght and weakness... apart I don't write on commission because I don't like to and I'm not able to respect the terms

Most extracts I can provide are old pieces, I just recently overcame a 4 years long Writers block... anyway I'm Italian and I write almost everything in my own language, though I started to translate my works it's a recent thing so they could result with a lesser quality than the original.

Also, does anyone knows any other Writers community around the net?

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)
4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

ZekeFreek
ZekeFreek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-24 06:10:22 Reply

1) ZekeFreek
2) Novels, Games, Comics, Screenplays, etc. I'm open to most things.
3) I have a running series on Fictionpress called "Million To One". Currently has 32 chapters, sitting over 150k and was first published online June 15th, 2013. I also have several other stories in the works at various stages (two of them have a few chapters posted already, I write them when I need a break from MtO). Other than that I write for various news and parody websites but that isn't my main focus.
4) I've been told my biggest strengths are characters, interactions and development. I occasionally get flak for drawn-out exposition and inconsistent pacing.

Xzuber8
Xzuber8
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-25 19:34:25 Reply

1)-JBKlyde
2)-Rythmic Poetry
3)"Forest are More Than Trees" "Rave Against the Machine" "Rave Into The Millennium" and "Rock the Rave"
4)Though Depth is my Biggest Strength you can only get so deep without Knowledge. The internet is plum rich full of knowledge so getting that knowledge and using it as a collective chip to bargain with is the goal. My weakness is poor spelling a lack of the ability to get people to work together.

James 4:6 6But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble."

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-29 03:46:44 Reply

New Guild Logo!
New Anthology coming this January!

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Guild Meeting: ? | Currently Watching: Bates Motel

BBS Signature
poom3619
poom3619
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Audiophile
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-11-30 14:32:58 Reply

1. Call me 'Poom' then, there shouldn't be other Poom here :)
2. Anything but Poem, Poem is totally not my thing.
3. Never have any published works. Having few series of novel in my head but never write out on it for more than a page.
4. My strength : I like to study ideas from people's stories and constantly be able to make 'flowing' conversations in my head. My weakness would be my inexperience and sometimes write in flawed grammar.

Working toward Trance Music that can more or less cure Depression.

fearthepiff
fearthepiff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-14 13:24:39 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Someone from WGN will contact you within 48 hours of your post. Again, our main goal is to launch a platform for writers looking to improve on their work. This is not a place for people who cannot take criticism. While it is people criticizing your work please remember that they will only be providing constructive feedback that you may or may not listen to. Because at the end of the day YOU are the writer of your own work. I look forward to personally working with every interested party. :)

1) Skim Piff
2) Screenplays
3) Written a couple of short scripts, but nothing published
4) Strength: Outside the box.
Weakness: Mega lazy.

Today I learned I'm a pimp and a cool. Upvote me to karma heaven, bitches.
Here's my letterboxd that I don't update.
Here's my IMDb that I update more.

Bigohpow
Bigohpow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-14 21:40:07 Reply

1) Bigohpow

2) Movies short stories, memoirs, graphic novels, animation shorts, film sketches, and television shows.

3) One full length movie screenplay completed, multiple other movie screenplays started (around 10 others), over 500 animation shorts, around 10 animation series, 1 bus hostage training video script *Published to private LLC company*, 1 published film sketch titled Cussin' Cops, 2 ideas for comic novels / television shows (1 has been started the other is just and idea), multiple television show ideas that I started and have sitting in a desk, and 3 animations that are here on Newgrounds.

Wallet
FORK
Bathroom Misfortune

4) My strengths would have to be taking chaos from real life and making it funny in writing. Main weakness is bad grammar and not wanting to follow rules of writing a specific way.

On a side note I have been kicked around a lot since I first started on Newgrounds because users seem to hate people like me. I am full of ideas and am able to write them but I cannot animate. I have been told to screw off because apparently "all animators can just write for themselves and do not need non-animator writers to work with." I am, of course, paraphrasing from the bashing harassment I have received, as these are not my own words. Once I even had a conversation with an admin, who was forced to shut down a post where I was being harassed, about a fabled future writing portal which still has not happened.

Anything to help writers on Newgrounds is marvelous and I applaud you for taking the initiative.

Bigohpow
Bigohpow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-14 21:42:50 Reply

I apologize, I was confused about this quote. My reply is above

LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-16 11:03:09 Reply

At 11/29/14 03:46 AM, Tremax wrote: New Guild Logo!
New Anthology coming this January!

Looks great! Only thing I would change is the yellow to an aqua blue, since that's supposedly what the Writing Portal color will be when it eventually comes around, but I'm just nitpicking. It's wonderful!

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
OmarShehata
OmarShehata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-16 16:37:34 Reply

1) Omar Shehata
2) Probably short story/novel kind. I love experimenting though!
3) I've ran the Newgrounds monthly writing contests for a while and participated in what I could:

Mwc13 - April - House Adventure
Mwc13: Genre Hopping!
Mwc13 -june- You Are Blind

4) I like to think I can be creative in my writing. Weakness is probably in writing humor and short scripts/dialogue.

Crimsonskies455
Crimsonskies455
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-25 16:41:37 Reply

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)
3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

1) My pen name is Dog455.
2) I enjoy writing novels, but would love to branch out to other forms of writing.
3) Most of my writing experience has come from deviantart. I would send the links, but it would take up a large amount of space. They are published, but not for profit. The stories were all for my personal enjoyment. Here is the link to my account: http://dog455.deviantart.com/
4) My greatest strengths are probably to flesh out characters, but my weakness would probably be my limited vocabulary and that my descriptions of certain scenarios can be long winded and unnecessary.

lightmakers
lightmakers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate

1. dred the villain.

2. novels/screenplays

3. (unfinished) Jerome, a slice of life novel about a man living in a vaporwave world.
(finished) Teen Spy episode 1, comedy-drama about a man who invites a college roomate to his secret missions.
(finished) Teen Spy episode 2, Mark and Chris go to china.
(finished) SRC "Pilot", The intergalatic crew goes on their first mission.

4. Strength : Writing creatively.
Weak : Thinking up ideas, and deadlines.

My dream is to become a manga writer, and an animation writer.

fearthepiff
fearthepiff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-25 22:21:13 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

Yo, so, I hate to be a bother, but I haven't gotten a message or anything, I guess I quoted a bit more than I should've when I made my reply. Again, don't wanna annoy you or nothing, just wondering if I'm gonna hear back is all.

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-25 22:42:27 Reply

Hello everyone, sorry for my late response. We are holding off on reviewing new applications for the WNG until 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to giving you an update as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned and keep a watchful eye on your inbox!

BBS Signature
ZE13
ZE13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-26 03:48:41 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

Myself and a few other individuals are interested in starting a Writer's Guild here at Newgrounds. The Writer's Guild would consist of several different divisions: ranging from the novelists to the game writers all the way to the screenwriters. The main purpose will be to put forth an effort to bring a group of people together that all share a common interest in writing and to trade ideas with them, as well as work on improving existing ones. Here at Newgrounds we have so many places for programming advice, but so few places where writers can go to learn the tips that will help them write their bestseller.

im a screenwriter, I have one scipt on stage32 under loglines

https://www.stage32.com/profile/190282/emily-ann-jefferson call me Z my weakness romance and comedy because guys only love and care for girls who have no flaws females are expected to be perfect in everything. including face and body

fearthepiff
fearthepiff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-26 16:25:15 Reply

Haha, I guess that's directed at me...well, thanks for the update, keep working hard, el presidente.

At 12/25/14 10:42 PM, Tremax wrote: Hello everyone, sorry for my late response. We are holding off on reviewing new applications for the WNG until 2015. We apologize for any inconvenience and we look forward to giving you an update as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned and keep a watchful eye on your inbox!

Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-12-28 18:05:13 Reply

Hello everyone!

Some quick updates for the guild. We have opened our new horror anthology up to new members and are allowing submissions until March 20th, 2015. If you are interested please see the Guild Constitution for more information.

We are accepting new members once again! We have inducted seven new members today, and I personally look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. We did not reach the planned 100 members by the end of the year, but we did make it to 60, a number that I am proud of and looking to build upon in the coming years.

If you have yet to join the WNG, do so! We are a welcoming community and we are always looking for new writers to join our ranks. Our next guild meeting is January 31st, 2015 at 8PM Eastern Time.

BBS Signature
WritersofNewgrounds
WritersofNewgrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-01 19:45:36 Reply

This is the new page for the Writers of Newgrounds.
Please see this page for offical guild updates and the roster.

More updates soon!

President: Tremax | VP: Krash17 | Alpha: LDAF | Beta: Vacant | Omega: Troisnyx -------------- New Anthology this Spring!

BBS Signature
killercat724
killercat724
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Writer

1) Your Pen Name Morgan, Atlas, killercat I don't mind what you call me as long as I can identify it as me.
2) Type of Writing Anything as I have only worked on short stories I would like to see what it's like to write different things
3) Past Experience I have written a few shorts stories in a fantasys setting none of which have been published
4) Greatest strength insomniac greatest weakness insomniac

DyxoXinoro
DyxoXinoro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2015-01-02 06:31:50 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: 1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)

Just Dyxo's fine. You can use the full name if you want, but its not an issue.

I've been told I'm best at short stories, but I've dabbled in poetry, two attempted novels, and have recently gotten an interest in trying to write some decision based game stories.

My deviant art gallery. It's got quite a bit of stuff in it, so browse whatever suits your fancy.

On one hand: I can put a surprising amount of detail into only a few words. However I tend to not go into as much detail as others might, and I almost never edit my work so there's that. Also it's pretty easy to tell if I wrote something over time rather than in one sitting, or so I've been told.

Can do, boss.