alafujah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-05-31 04:48:49 Reply

1) Rougemonkey
2) Interested in all, but have only done a novel so far
3) Sweet Revenge (Unfinished), Stranian Lore (Unfinished)
4) I am extremely inexperienced but am very determined

[Insert inspirational quote here]

BBS Signature
alafujah
alafujah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-05-31 05:10:12 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote:
Please quote this line in your reply.

1) Rougemonkey
2) Interested in everything, but have only written a novel
3) Sweet Revenge (Unfinished), Stranian Lore (Unfinished)
4) Weakness: Inexperience. Strength: Determination

BBS Signature
alafujah
alafujah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-05-31 08:11:42 Reply

Where did everyone get those sweet signature pictures?

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-05-31 22:38:09 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)

You can refer to me as The-Great-One, TGO, or Dohn. Dohn or TGO would be more preferred though, easier to type and pick up on quick.

2) Type of Writing Preferred (Novels, Screenplays, Video Games, all, etc.)

I do like novels and video game writings when I read. I am getting more into philosophical works and even working on my own. I am a light reader, but getting into more heavy reading. I am very picky about what I read though because there is so much out there to read and not enough time.

3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

I am the chief editor of The Interviewer where I as well as some of my other colleagues have interviewed over 100 members of Newgrounds.

I have a separate account which will be dedicated to my writing. You can actually learn a bit more about me through here. I have also interviewed others there as well. My latest being with SCTE3. I have also engaged others in conversation with Growing Up In Your Family.

4) Your greatest strength and weakness.

My greatest strength is my creativity. My weakness is myself, I am my own worst critic because each time I look back over my work I hate it each and every time. I have written a lot over the years and I don't like most of it. Most of the stuff I have done with The Interviewer I'm not too happy with it because I know looking back at it that I could have done better.

Ta-Da!

LDAF
LDAF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-01 21:17:14 Reply

1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations)

LDAF

Short stories and poems/songs, though I'm open to try new things.

3) Past Experience (List all of your past works whether unpublished or published. *Please note if they have been finished)

One YA sci-fi novel that I self-published, one sci-fi short story (finished, unpublished), one drama short story (finished, unpublished), a black comedy novel (just started), and a number of poems that I intend to turn into songs in the future (all unpublished).

I'm pretty confident in my ability to set a tone and paint the proper picture for a scene. Little details are really something I obsess over, and I think that ultimately makes me a better writer. I also enjoy coming up with ideas for set pieces in a story, and then building the plot around it in a way that makes sense. As for weaknesses, I would say that my biggest issue is pacing, and to a lesser extent, creating characters that a reader will care about, hate, etc. depending on the situation.

Are you MAN enough to click this?!

BBS Signature
HalfStepTides
HalfStepTides
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-01 22:27:39 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Please quote this line in your reply.

1. TTEOAI
2. All
3. Numerous poems, a full length screenplay, a few unfinished game scripts (games were never completed) and currently underway on a full length script to direct as an animated feature hopefully.
4. Strengths: Dialogue, characterization, atmosphere - Weakness: Consistency when it comes to certain styles of writing

Very interested in this. Happy writing, everyone.

deadspread83
deadspread83
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-03 15:57:14 Reply

1) Robert Hay
2) Novels / Short Stories / Graphic Novels
3) 1976 Graphic Novel (Not finished), A Shadow Growing (Finished), Closter's Branch (Editing)
4) I've been told I am good at writing dialogue and description, although I have to work on not writing overtly flowery prose. <---See, like that.

Insanaty
Insanaty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-04 22:35:47 Reply

cool
1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds (This will be what we call you within our workshops and group conversations): 2) Type of Writing Preferred :hmm...kind of novels but i prefer to write strong or weird short 3) Past Experience:nothing, well just some texts that never have been published or talked 4) Your greatest strength and weakness:let see, i dont have any strenght, but weakness... i will say to forget all the things and to create without noticing and imaginary reality without escape

BBS Signature
Insanaty
Insanaty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-04 22:38:06 Reply

cool 1) Your Pen Name for Newgrounds:nev 2) Type of Writing Preferred :hmm...kind of novels but i prefer to write strong or weird short 3) Past Experience:nothing, well just some texts that never have been published or talked 4) Your greatest strength and weakness:let see, i dont have any strenght, but weakness... i will say to forget all the things and to create without noticing and imaginary reality without escape

BBS Signature
santimoron01
santimoron01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-06 10:29:52 Reply

1-My name is Santiago but call me Santi.
2-I like to write videogames and movies.
3-Published work
Simbo(you can see it in newgrounds) it is the shorter story i wrote.

Unpublished work
Radioactive run

Working on it
Post-apocalypseZ

4- Strength: my creativity and my capacity to learn.My weakness: Sometimes i cant enter to newgrounds and i cant write something new because of my studios.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And the universe I'm not sure." Albert Einstein.

BBS Signature
Elephly
Elephly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-07 15:27:27 Reply

Hi writers, call me Omer.
I would like to write haikus.
Past writing experience spans the entirety of my high school career (which sounds like a lot but really is not).
My greatest strength is my bench press, while my greatest weakness is my laziness.

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature
Elephly
Elephly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-07 15:29:32 Reply

Was referred by Amaranthus

| Site | Steam |

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-07 22:54:23 Reply

I would like to ask a question first of any writers here. What do you read in your downtime. It is important for a writer to not only write, but read the works of other writers out there. Who here reads and what do you have on your summer reading list? Who is your favorite author?

madboysas
madboysas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-08 01:54:57 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

Hello!

We are asking for something very simple within this forum post:

SRMH should be fine.

Preferably Novels, but Screenplays and Video Games sound terrific. Would be interested in them, too.

No past experience, but working on something right now.

Greatest Strength: Okay at Fantasy and characters.
Greatest Weakness: Only okay at fantasy, writing characters.

Referred by Gimmick.

BBS Signature
TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-08 11:00:51 Reply

At 6/7/14 10:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I would like to ask a question first of any writers here. What do you read in your downtime. It is important for a writer to not only write, but read the works of other writers out there. Who here reads and what do you have on your summer reading list? Who is your favorite author?

My summer reading list is already unrealistically too long, but some of the books I'm most excited to read include Six Years by Harlan Coben, Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov, The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, and The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin (although you might want to read the first two books in the series first, The Passage and The Twelve). I'm also planning on reading several collections of poetry by such writers as Sharon Olds, Pablo Neruda, and various others. ;)

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature
Luciuspain
Luciuspain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-09 18:15:20 Reply

Would love to be apart of your writers guild.
I am currently working on a murder mystery video game and would love people to read what I have so far.
Get some critique and input from other writers.

Luciuspain
Luciuspain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-09 18:31:46 Reply

1)Everyone can call me Dex.
2)I love to right for video games and very short screenplays mostly dark comedies.
3)Worked on a few games. Enamel, Hyde, Captain morgans adventure for the legendary rum. A lot of college projects.
4)Very motivated, really appreciate good feedback and good opinions. Have a very hard time taking advice from
someone who hasn't produced or finished anything work wise.

FieryLighting
FieryLighting
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-12 10:58:06 Reply

1) Mip
2) I'm writing a novel right now but when I write short stories they're one of three things, somewhat poemy, funny with some action, or serious...esh. There's normally action in my stories.
3) All my stories are on writerscafe, and they are His Faults, The Shadow's Kingdom, The Tiger and The Raven, The Cloud Goddess, The False Devil, The Arrow That I Dodged Part 1 and 2, The Plague Known As Phenomenon Part 1 and 2, Atlas's Burden, Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These (This was inspired by the song and it still scares me for some unknown reason today), The Death Of A King, The Beginning Of Time, Stealing Is A Sin, and Scaring The Locals. I'm kinda proud of most of my writing but I'll always find faults in them but the ones I'm really proud of are The Tiger and The Raven, The Cloud Goddess, Stealing Is A Sin, and His Faults, still unfinished.
4) My god, there are so many jokes about this question. I'ma go with my greatest strength being bowing down to my betters and my weakness being that I hate myself. No, in all seriousness my greatest strength would be romance and my greatest weakness fight scenes. When it comes to me and fight scenes it's either hit or miss. Sometimes they're and sometimes they're downright terrible.

BBS Signature
FieryLighting
FieryLighting
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-12 11:01:51 Reply

4) My god, there are so many jokes about this question. I'ma go with my greatest strength being bowing down to my betters and my weakness being that I hate myself. No, in all seriousness my greatest strength would be romance and my greatest weakness fight scenes. When it comes to me and fight scenes it's either hit or miss. Sometimes they're and sometimes they're downright terrible.

I typed too fast and forgot a word and to quote that.
When it comes to me and fight scenes it's either hit or miss. Sometimes they're great and sometimes they're downright terrible.

BBS Signature
xLFx
xLFx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-14 11:39:43 Reply

At 5/12/14 07:59 PM, Tremax wrote: Hi everybody!

sup, dawg.

horrendous

novels and short stories.

i've worked on around five short stories, only finished one, which is posted in this forum. i'm also about 12,000 words into a novel.

i've been told my biggest strength my narration. biggest weakness would be that i failed freshman english and really struggle with balancing and being concise in my sentences, i guess they run long sometimes amd have too many ideas packed into them.

are we going to form a Skype group or something? i think that'd streamline things.

BBS Signature
MitchCollings
MitchCollings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-14 20:55:30 Reply

1) The name is MitchCollings
2) Screenplays, comics and video games mostly
3)Nothing real, just a bunch of ideas in my head right now, got the a slice of my story "Imperium" on the new ground formus
here you go if you want to read http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1368433
4) my greatest weakness is my lack of experience, greatest strength I think is that I can make up lore for hours over end.

BBS Signature
Suprememessage
Suprememessage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-15 10:59:40 Reply

1) My Pen name is "Nocturnal Turmoil" (Some of my writings are credited to Harmonic Revelations, a username I've used before. Same with Suprememessage. Both DeviantArt accounts I am linking to belong to me, I'd prefer not to be called by either name, however, as all my new work will be penned under the previously mentioned name, Nocturnal Turmoil)

2) I prefer short stories and poetry.

3)
Together (Short story, Drama, Finished)

Don't you Remember (Poem, Horror, Finished)

Halloween Collab 2013 (One of my stories is featured in it, horror, short story)

-Protocol 0 (Novel, Sci-Fi, Cancelled, was about 50% complete)

-Various other works that are unreleased at the moment.

4)

My strengths:

-Attention to detail

-Factual accuracy (I understand completely the things I write about)

-Unique Concepts

Weaknesses:

-Making sympathetic Protagonists

-Using figurative language well

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature
TheGypsyBard
TheGypsyBard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-17 02:42:28 Reply

1) Gypsy
2) Narrative, Informative, and Descriptive.
3) "Fallout Equestria: Ice Paradigm" (Unfinished); "Equestria Divided: Total War" (Unfinished); Countless hours of RPing on a wide array of websites and games/programs; Dozens of unfinished scrap poems and ideas during free time.
4) STRENGTH: I am exceptionally skilled at creating a sense of depth when writing, enthralling the read with my greater than average grasp of grammar, coupled with my large arsenal of vocabulary.

WEAKNESS: I sometimes have a tendency to ramble, often resulting in run-on sentences. I also get bored easily; while writing on a certain story or topic, I find myself losing interest sooner than I would like. This makes finishing many of my more long-term projects difficult.

"Please quote this line in your reply."

Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!)

TheGypsyBard
TheGypsyBard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-17 02:52:00 Reply

At 6/7/14 10:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I would like to ask a question first of any writers here. What do you read in your downtime. It is important for a writer to not only write, but read the works of other writers out there. Who here reads and what do you have on your summer reading list? Who is your favorite author?

I read almost exclusively Fiction books, and of those I prefer ones with unique grammar and vocabulary, or an immersive plot.
To name a couple: "The Inheritence Saga" by Christopher Paolini. Also "The Infernal Devices" by Cassandra Clare.

Zap-Fontaine
Zap-Fontaine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-06-17 19:43:22 Reply

1)Fontaine
2)Mainly short stories, I'd love to write a game though
3)Nothing published
4) I think dialogue may be my strength, and perhaps pacing is my weakness.
"Please quote this line in your reply"

bobbillin
bobbillin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-07-02 19:13:13 Reply

This seems intriguing. I’d love to read what all you other budding writers have cooked up, so I’m definitely sticking around!

1) Bob.
2) Short stories, novels, and comic book scripts.
3) Dozens of unfinished Windows Word docs gathering dust.
4) I have tons of ideas, but not enough patience and skill to do any of them justice.

BBS Signature
bobbillin
bobbillin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Reader
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-07-02 20:24:35 Reply

At 6/7/14 10:54 PM, The-Great-One wrote: What do you read in your downtime.

*Warning: Major TL;DR ahead*

I read a lot of non-fiction, mostly theoretical work that seeks to explain things – or raise some hell. For that reason, I absolutely loved Rogue States by Noam Chomsky and Radical democracy by C. Douglas Lummis. I’d like to point out that these books are flawed, but they’re thought-provoking, and that’s something I value greatly in any writing. Subjects like terrorism, civil wars and the like also interest me.

As far as fiction goes, I mostly read whatever I find interesting at the moment. Right now I’m reading a lot of HP Lovecraft, George Orwell, Steven King, and Tom Clancy.
I loved Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. Honestly, that last one would be worth getting simply because Solzhenitsyn managed to write the whole novel without a single chapter break, and still keep it stupidly engrossing and enjoyable to read.

Comics are greatly underrated! I think everyone should read Maus by Art Spiegelman. It’s is my favorite comic. It humanizes everyone involved and explains how people could live through the Holocaust.
V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd is brilliant, and got me briefly interested in anarchy. Yes, it was a phase I grew out of.
The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller is a textbook example of pacing. Although only as subtle as a brick in your face, this Batman yarn manages to take on a life of its own, and it’s the most exciting comic I’ve ever read.

My current summer reading list, in no particular order: Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card, The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, Channel Zero by Brian Wood, The Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, The New Testament (courtesy of the Gideons International), The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli, too many Judge Dredd comics to count, and Easy Money by Jens Lapidus.

Once I finish those, I plan on acquiring a bunch of more or less new sci-fi books that caught my eye: The Human Division by John Scalzi, Chindi by Jack McDevitt, The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi, New Modell Army by Adam Roberts, and 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Also, asking me to name a favorite writer is just cruel.

*Now leaving the Wall of Text*

This post just went on and on. Sorry! :(

BBS Signature
8madness
8madness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-07-05 19:20:43 Reply

I kinda like this place...

1) Please, call me 8

2) Above all, I prefer short comics and novels

3) I'm working on Mad Ops, a NG forum-driven, post-apocalyptic short novel. Still in development.

4) Biggest Strength: Super photographic memory (I still remember my first day @ kindergarden)
Biggest Weakness: Nasty surprises (Screamers, a spider on my shoe, etc)

I also like weapons. Like, a lot. I've made a wooden Binary Sword

Gonna open my bar on Glenside!

BBS Signature
xLFx
xLFx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-07-12 05:12:47 Reply

so is this guild dead already? cause i posted my info like a month ago and never recieved a PM.

BBS Signature
Tremax
Tremax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 09
Writer
Response to Writer's Guild of Newgrounds (New!) 2014-07-12 14:05:07 Reply

At 7/12/14 05:12 AM, xLFx wrote: so is this guild dead already? cause i posted my info like a month ago and never recieved a PM.

Nope. There's a selection process. You will be updated when the time comes.
Thank you.

President of the Writers of Newgrounds | Guild Meeting: ? | Currently Watching: Bates Motel

BBS Signature