00:00
00:00

Something for NG's 20th anniversary

17,748 Views | 241 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey everyone, Troisnyx here. I'm just testing the waters with a massive collaboration idea, which I'd love for as many of us to be part of.

You see, NG was created on 6 July 1995... which means 6 July 2015, ie sometime next year, is NG's 20th anniversary!
I'm thinking of some massive art, audio and animation collab or some such, but I'd really like to see what you all may have in mind for it.

I'll come up with drawings and drafts later. But for now, do tell me your thoughts.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-02 19:39:36

At 5/2/14 04:58 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey everyone, Troisnyx here. I'm just testing the waters with a massive collaboration idea, which I'd love for as many of us to be part of.

You see, NG was created on 6 July 1995... which means 6 July 2015, ie sometime next year, is NG's 20th anniversary!
I'm thinking of some massive art, audio and animation collab or some such, but I'd really like to see what you all may have in mind for it.

I'll come up with drawings and drafts later. But for now, do tell me your thoughts.

This sounds like a really good idea! I have to say, you've covered all four tabs at the top of the NG page except for games, so can we add that in as well?

I read what you typed and I imagine a sort of event/fair/carnival/IDK for the entire day. This could mean 24 hours from midnight to midnight in Philadelphia (I think the Fulps are in Philly, right?), or it could mean midnight in the earliest time zone till midnight in the latest, making it 48 hours total, depending on preferences and logistics.

And then we'd have a sort of 'ng20th' tagged collection of games, movies, audio, and art that would be at this event and there could be things happening, like lotteries or something.

IDK about the other things but I realize that the game idea can be integrated a bit. In addition to being for fun/high scores/medals/IDK, what if there was a game that actually took info from players, like when tv shows tally up the votes on their website to choose which version of a season finale to air? Maybe that could determine what big-finishing movie to show at the end of it. (Oh yeah, with a movie of some sort at the end. could be animation, livestreamed speech, IDK)

Maybe teams by specialty (like "5 points to gryffindor") like, artists vs musicians vs blank slates vs programmers vs ??? could be racking up points during the event for...IDK, for fun. but yeah, how about that? ALL of that insanity, not just the last part?

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 08:04:28

At 5/2/14 04:58 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Hey everyone, Troisnyx here. I'm just testing the waters with a massive collaboration idea, which I'd love for as many of us to be part of.

Want me to write a foreword for it? I could include some history, facts and highlights from the past 20 years? :)

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 11:25:13

At 5/3/14 08:04 AM, OneFineGentleman wrote:
Want me to write a foreword for it? I could include some history, facts and highlights from the past 20 years? :)

Oh, please do! It'll be very much appreciated.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 11:29:25

Here's an idea for the Audio portal part of the NG anniversary.

I'd get the audio artists to make covers of the first musics uploaded to NG :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 11:37:16

At 5/3/14 11:29 AM, Deshiel wrote: Here's an idea for the Audio portal part of the NG anniversary.

You got a list? And mind, since ParagonX9 was the first audio arise on NG, and Envy and co. came later, let's have a mix of tracks, not just ParagonX9.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 12:02:15

At 5/3/14 11:37 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/3/14 11:29 AM, Deshiel wrote: Here's an idea for the Audio portal part of the NG anniversary.

You got a list? And mind, since ParagonX9 was the first audio arise on NG, and Envy and co. came later, let's have a mix of tracks, not just ParagonX9.

Since It was a super mega fast Idea, I figured out that everyone interested could search for the track and the artist that they want to cover simply by chosing random numbers in the audio portal URL :) like hp://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 <----- you can type any combination of numbers you want

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-03 13:56:50

At 5/3/14 12:02 PM, Deshiel wrote:
At 5/3/14 11:37 AM, Troisnyx wrote:

Since It was a super mega fast Idea, I figured out that everyone interested could search for the track and the artist that they want to cover simply by chosing random numbers in the audio portal URL :) like hp://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 <----- you can type any combination of numbers you want

Alright. We'll see what we can come up with... I'll put down a playlist. A few questions:

1) What is our threshold, like what is the max number of "first audio submissions" to Newgrounds we can come up with?
2) Are we going to break that threshold due to necessity, say, for example, if many of the first 100 submissions were made by the same user?

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-27 07:48:57

I'd be more than happy to lend a hand for this project. :)

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-27 10:05:18

At 5/27/14 07:48 AM, cjbouchermedia wrote: I'd be more than happy to lend a hand for this project. :)

What's on your mind for the project? I haven't replied because as I noted in one of my news posts, I'm otherwise abstaining from the forums till end June.

You're able to code, are you not?

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-28 02:22:24

Wow, it's too early for this project count me in... PLEASE!

From a previous experience, you should properly plan for this MASSIVE collaboration of yours, to avoid further unexpected troubles which means expect 80% of everything to happen :)
But don't get too much stress from this, we have people of trust who can help you anytime :)

I had this idea in mind for half a year, now it's an opportunity to share with you guys.
I suggest we draw from NG users profiles pictures and use different styles on that!
We can/should also make a platformer game with NG users, each one has different movements/attacks based on their NG stats, blog posts and comments :)

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-28 05:30:25

At 5/28/14 02:22 AM, Oh-Sama wrote:
Wow, it's too early for this project count me in... PLEASE!

You bet. The more the merrier, and I think with my past experience in drawing up ideas, I think more people of all backgrounds are gonna be needed.

From a previous experience, you should properly plan for this MASSIVE collaboration of yours, to avoid further unexpected troubles which means expect 80% of everything to happen :)
But don't get too much stress from this, we have people of trust who can help you anytime :)

I'm counting on you for that.

I had this idea in mind for half a year, now it's an opportunity to share with you guys.
I suggest we draw from NG users profiles pictures and use different styles on that!
We can/should also make a platformer game with NG users, each one has different movements/attacks based on their NG stats, blog posts and comments :)

@JakkMAU5 has an idea along these lines, he wants to make a fighting game with some NG legends as enemies. I've been having a hard time working music out for him, but that's just one idea on the drawing board.

That profile pic idea sounds nice on the Art Portal. Possibly even some further input from some of us, say a few of us could make it into comic form with the help of the newly-formed Writers' Guild here on NG. Thoughts?

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-28 09:57:18

I have an idea for the animation:

We could write a story (with about 5 minutes long) with the most iconic characters from Newgrounds interacting with each other. Then we could divide the parts and each animator or each group of animators could make it in his/her/their own style.

Writers could help with the script, voice actors could lend their voices to the characters and musicians could make the soundtrack.

By the way, count me in! :)

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-28 11:32:38

At 5/28/14 09:57 AM, M-Abrantes wrote: I have an idea for the animation:

We could write a story (with about 5 minutes long) with the most iconic characters from Newgrounds interacting with each other. Then we could divide the parts and each animator or each group of animators could make it in his/her/their own style.

Writers could help with the script, voice actors could lend their voices to the characters and musicians could make the soundtrack.

By the way, count me in! :)

Lovely. ^_^ If you have any other interested animator friends, do bring them along.

Is what you're suggesting a bit like 'continue the story' in some way, shape or form?

By the way, @Tremax this might be of interest to you, since you're the creator of the Writers' Guild on here.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-05-28 13:40:40

At 5/28/14 11:32 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Lovely. ^_^ If you have any other interested animator friends, do bring them along.

Is what you're suggesting a bit like 'continue the story' in some way, shape or form?

By the way, @Tremax this might be of interest to you, since you're the creator of the Writers' Guild on here.

Well, not exactly 'continue the story' since everybody could work on their parts at the same time. :p I'll try to be more clear.

First we do a brainstorming in order to decide the story. Then we make the script all together. (By 'we' I mean every single person who wants to help)

Once we have the script done, we divide it in a few parts and every animator interested in taking part in this collab choose his/her favorite one. Or we could divide the animators in groups of two or three depending on how big the final piece will be and each group picks one part.

Then the voice actors record their voices and the animators begin to animate according to the script.

At the end we'll have a single story told in a few different styles of art.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-07-19 08:33:45

At 5/27/14 10:05 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 5/27/14 07:48 AM, cjbouchermedia wrote: I'd be more than happy to lend a hand for this project. :)
What's on your mind for the project? I haven't replied because as I noted in one of my news posts, I'm otherwise abstaining from the forums till end June.

Sorry for the much delayed reply. I can code in After Effects, I am not familiar with Flash.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2014-07-19 11:07:22

At 7/19/14 08:33 AM, cjbouchermedia wrote:
At 5/27/14 10:05 AM, Troisnyx wrote:

Sorry for the much delayed reply. I can code in After Effects, I am not familiar with Flash.

It's something, and can be put to good use. : ) Oof!

The next Writers' Guild meeting is tonight on my end. I'll bring this up there, and ask if they'd all like to chip in with some sort of special thing. Then hopefully, I (and the rest of us) may be able to have a sense of direction with this project.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-11 18:08:28

Bringing this thread back due to relevance

Ahahahahahah

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-11 18:11:38

At 1/11/15 06:08 PM, Wegra wrote: Bringing this thread back due to relevance

Thanks mate. Depression made me abandon this thread a bit, but I'm glad you brought it back.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 09:51:22

I might join, just for funsies after all.

Hoping I won't be busy as I am at the moment, but there's plenty of time for it as far as I understand.

loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 10:08:49

I will be glad to submit an art to you !!

Being a game maker is My ambition And 'tis the starting !!!!!!

Games|Animation|Music|Art

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 10:17:42

I would like to join if it's possible.

Art, animation or voice over lol

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 10:34:48

It sounds like a blast!

Buy some merchandise from Stretchyman! Click Here

BBS Signature

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 10:37:31

How far along is this collab?
Seems interesting.

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 10:55:15

At 1/12/15 10:37 AM, WooleyWorld wrote: How far along is this collab?
Seems interesting.

AFAIK, it is still in its unborn stages. Audio will be easy to organise; we could make our own spins on say, the first 100 submissions, and put them in some sort of playlist thing. Someone will have to organise sound effects for the actual Flash / HTML5 / whatever thing too.

Art will be similar-ish. I imagine a gallery of some tributes to the first submissions, greeting cards for NG's 20th Anniversary (KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!), or tributes to NG's 'Gang' -- and then there'll have to be the actual graphics for this thing. Backgrounds, buttons, etc., etc., etc.

I'm not sure how animation will be sorted. Animators, I would like feedback on what you suggest.

And most of all, the biggest trouble I've had with organising a collab in the past is actually finding someone to code for us. Last time, I held the Epic Battle Fantasy collab, and I had a lot of musicians and artists collab with me, but the programmers whom I tried to approach all behaved like snobs, expecting some form of payment when all of us were in it free of charge.

So...... I would like a verdict on what we're going to do for the animation side of things, AND I would like a verdict from a programmer (or a few programmers, if need be) on whether he'll be willing to collab with the rest of us, who are doing this for free, and expect to program this in the same way that the rest of us are doing our craft.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 11:06:24

The audio leg of this collab can be found here. Musicians, if you'd like to take part in this, feel free.

I would have extended the invite to VAs as well, if the Voice Acting and Audio (Music) sections of Newgrounds shared the same forums -- but they don't anymore, so I'm not sure how it goes.

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 11:19:18

Art will be similar-ish. I imagine a gallery of some tributes to the first submissions, greeting cards for NG's 20th Anniversary (KEEP IT CLEAN PLEASE!), or tributes to NG's 'Gang' -- and then there'll have to be the actual graphics for this thing. Backgrounds, buttons, etc., etc., etc.

I guess we could also make a game similar to the Illuminati Christmas Collab but instead of illuminati references, we could use NG references. :)

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 11:23:10

At 1/12/15 11:19 AM, M-Abrantes wrote:
I guess we could also make a game similar to the Illuminati Christmas Collab but instead of illuminati references, we could use NG references. :)

Nice! That'll be a good idea, actually. Question though: would you want the Audio and Art legs of the collaboration to be joined?

Response to Something for NG's 20th anniversary 2015-01-12 12:27:53

i would like to work on this.....

do you accept flash movie parts? will this be a flash collab?
i also write and voice-act, if that helps.

i remember NG for many years....

i was lurking NG since 2000 and i eventually joined NG on 2006, one year after the 10-year celebration.
i saw many good things in here, and i have many stories to offer.

Question though: would you want the Audio and Art legs of the collaboration to be joined?

Hm, not necessarily.