00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Store Closing - Feb 27th

46,222 Views | 432 Replies

Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:23:43

Heads up everyone, the store will officially close on February 27th!

A bunch of stuff is discounted so go nuts: http://www.newgrounds.com/store

The supporter option will still exist - it is launching as its own thing outside of the store, and any future digital sales stuff we do will extend from that. I know it seems like a big failure that the store is closing, but maintaining a physical goods operation from the office has always been a bit of a burden. We'll probably have some NG shirts available through other outlets in the future but the "NG Store" chapter is officially closing. Get something while you can!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:25:13

End of an era. :(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:27:20

At 2/20/14 02:25 PM, ZJ wrote: End of an era. :(

I've never bought anything from the store, but seeing it close after all this time makes me sad as well.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:33:32

Terrible news, but not unexpected. It was just a matter of when.

Still moving towards selling the current office and buying a new, smaller one?

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:36:13

At 2/20/14 02:33 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Terrible news, but not unexpected. It was just a matter of when.

And while we're at it, can we ask if there's going to be a Pico Day party this year?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:42:57

Will the cafepress ng store still be open?

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:44:10

That's actually depressing as fuck.
I always wanted something from the store. At least I hope you will sell some NG shirts in one way or the other.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:45:53

Well I was hoping to buy something when I had money.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:49:04

Can't say I'm surprised. My only regret is I never got one of those Castle Crashers when they were available. I'll have to get a Tankman and a Mystery Box before it closes.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:53:55

At 2/20/14 02:33 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Terrible news, but not unexpected. It was just a matter of when.

Yeah still planning to sell the office and then probably rent something while deciding if I really want to own something again... The things you own end up owning you.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 14:55:07

At 2/20/14 02:36 PM, ZJ wrote: And while we're at it, can we ask if there's going to be a Pico Day party this year?

Damn good question... I gotta just make it official that we'll have something on April 26th. Pico Day has become a bigger and bigger mental roadblock for me each year... But there are some cool entries on the way and that is motivation enough to have a whole shindig.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:02:18

Sad to hear it go

picked up a mystery box for the hell of it

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:06:23

At 2/20/14 03:02 PM, SineRider wrote: Sad to hear it go

Indeed, I bought some stuff a while ago which I love and planned to do so again in the near future, so will have to think of what I would like to get again sooner rather than later. Perhaps some more t-shirts.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:14:22

At 2/20/14 02:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: Yeah still planning to sell the office and then probably rent something while deciding if I really want to own something again... The things you own end up owning you.

If the property taxes in that area are high (I'm not sure what the average is for businesses in that area), then I'd agree that it would make more sense to rent some new place for as long as you want. I'm not sure about the other overhead costs, but I'm sure they're no joke either. I've been a renter my whole life, and there are clear ups and downs to it. Sometimes I feel like I lack control over certain things, like when I can't get plumbing issues fixed expeditiously or the fact that I can't over-decorate my apartment. So yeah, I'd say rent for now, but I wouldn't rule out purchasing space in the future if NG exhibits healthy and consistent signs of growth.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:17:37

Aww that sucks.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:21:29

Very very sad news. Oh man :(

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:22:01

At 2/20/14 03:14 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: If the property taxes in that area are high (I'm not sure what the average is for businesses in that area), then I'd agree that it would make more sense to rent some new place for as long as you want. I'm not sure about the other overhead costs, but I'm sure they're no joke either. I've been a renter my whole life, and there are clear ups and downs to it. Sometimes I feel like I lack control over certain things, like when I can't get plumbing issues fixed expeditiously or the fact that I can't over-decorate my apartment. So yeah, I'd say rent for now, but I wouldn't rule out purchasing space in the future if NG exhibits healthy and consistent signs of growth.

Property taxes are definitely a big motivation, not only is our area high, but we're paying taxes on a BIG building when we really don't need something nearly as big. Also paying to heat and cool it, maintain it, etc.

The real bummer is that even though the office was overkill, it always felt like a solid investment. How many times in history could you buy a good property, make a bunch of improvements, hold onto it for almost nine years and NOT sell it for at least what you paid for it? It's nuts but it was worth it for the memories... I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:27:23

Who is going to be getting their ass in gear and getting shit before the store closes?
This guy.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 15:31:41

At 2/20/14 03:22 PM, TomFulp wrote: It's nuts but it was worth it for the memories... I think.

It was worth it for this video at least.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:14:09

That's so soon. I need to buy stuff. I must scrounge up money.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:18:14

rather sad to see the store closing down. it hurts even.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:26:04

*Sigh*...this is sad.

Is there ever any chance, that perhaps, in the far future, there might be a store again? By far I mean at least several years?

Either way, I guess I'll have to get a T-shirt or something, so that I can say I did.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:26:21

DAMN YOU TOM! I just bought the remaining Green Large NG Logo shirts and a explosion!

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:26:22

At 2/20/14 02:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: The things you own end up owning you.

I see you've watched Fight Club. Fucking fedoracore, Tom, come on.

Sad to see the store go, but I always told you selling NG dildos was a golden idea, and you didn't listen.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:33:03

So Tom are you selling office furniture? if you are I have a offer for Luis's drinking stool and Stampers Sex Swing.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:38:06

At 2/20/14 04:26 PM, byte45 wrote: Is there ever any chance, that perhaps, in the far future, there might be a store again? By far I mean at least several years?

The most likely scenario is an opportunity to buy NG logo shirts and stickers through some other source, but overall not feeling too hot on getting into physical goods again.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:45:39

I'm glad I got the good stuff while they were available. Shame to see the store go but there hasn't been anything really brilliant in there for a good few years really.

Will you still be selling Behemoth goods through amazon? Well you were a few months back anyway. Noticed some things I want there. Nercomancer for a start.

And damn no more mystery boxes? Luis, hook me up man.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:47:22

At 2/20/14 04:45 PM, Gagsy wrote: Will you still be selling Behemoth goods through amazon? Well you were a few months back anyway. Noticed some things I want there. Nercomancer for a start.

And damn no more mystery boxes? Luis, hook me up man.

Behemoth is still selling stuff through Amazon so you should be able to fulfill any of those needs on there.

BBS Signature

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:49:20

Tom Hook me up with a Mystery Box or two! cmon you can easily sell useless office crap and left over stuff from the sotre that doesn't sell.

also I have a bid for Stampers sex swing.

Response to Store Closing - Feb 27th 2014-02-20 16:54:38

At 2/20/14 04:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Behemoth is still selling stuff through Amazon so you should be able to fulfill any of those needs on there.

Can you send me a link for that stuff? I'm interested in seeing what you've got for sale.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature