00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fxscreamer's art thread

89,920 Views | 649 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-05 06:18:53

At 11/5/15 05:18 AM, games1337 wrote: stop

Drop and roll? In case of a fire I'll remember that. Safety First!

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-06 22:29:13

Little comic strip I made from a discussion I was in earlier. Stay positive people. :P

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-08 02:18:18

This is a mock tourism advertisement I made for the world, officially called Ion Valley. I'm going for an old vintage 1960's feel with the style. It incorporates lots of logo design that I've done for locations and fictional companies. It's all starting to come together now. :D

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-08 02:20:09

As my second "mock postcard" landscape picture, here's the luxurious Faraday Falls. There's mountain lodges and resorts, campgrounds, hiking, skiing, you name it. Make it your next vacation destination!

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-08 07:42:59

At 11/8/15 02:18 AM, fxscreamer wrote: This is a mock tourism advertisement I made for the world, officially called Ion Valley. I'm going for an old vintage 1960's feel with the style. It incorporates lots of logo design that I've done for locations and fictional companies. It's all starting to come together now. :D

Haha! Those logos look pretty neat!

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-09 04:19:52

At 11/8/15 07:42 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 11/8/15 02:18 AM, fxscreamer wrote: This is a mock tourism advertisement I made for the world, officially called Ion Valley. I'm going for an old vintage 1960's feel with the style. It incorporates lots of logo design that I've done for locations and fictional companies. It's all starting to come together now. :D
Haha! Those logos look pretty neat!

Thanks! :P Also new video! I was part of a big discussion on this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrHG-fEbN5c

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-09 05:18:11 (edited 2015-11-09 05:18:57)

At 11/9/15 04:19 AM, fxscreamer wrote: Thanks! :P Also new video! I was part of a big discussion on this topic.

Just dropping by and just leaving a few thoughts.

I've been watching all this artist blogs and I really think it's really helping me out the way I think.
Especially with this new video.. this especially hit me so hard.

I'm sooo guilty of really just devaluing myself. And I really think people around me, when I share my art, immediately kinda feel bad or stay quiet when I immediately criticize my "amazing" art.
I think this is some kind of calling for me to just appreciate people liking my work now and then and never be so negative, despite not being my intention of being negative at all.
It is more noticeable when I let my real life friends look at my sketchbook..

Besides, I decided to put out and show off my artwork..
Even though I did it to get criticism and wanting for people to destroy my work, I should expect someone out there will appreciate and like my stuff and will compliment me for it.

So yeah, thanks. c:

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-09 23:59:24 (edited 2015-11-10 00:07:33)

At 11/9/15 05:18 AM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 11/9/15 04:19 AM, fxscreamer wrote: Thanks! :P Also new video! I was part of a big discussion on this topic.
Just dropping by and just leaving a few thoughts.

I've been watching all this artist blogs and I really think it's really helping me out the way I think.
Especially with this new video.. this especially hit me so hard.

I'm sooo guilty of really just devaluing myself. And I really think people around me, when I share my art, immediately kinda feel bad or stay quiet when I immediately criticize my "amazing" art.
I think this is some kind of calling for me to just appreciate people liking my work now and then and never be so negative, despite not being my intention of being negative at all.
It is more noticeable when I let my real life friends look at my sketchbook..

Besides, I decided to put out and show off my artwork..
Even though I did it to get criticism and wanting for people to destroy my work, I should expect someone out there will appreciate and like my stuff and will compliment me for it.

So yeah, thanks. c:

Thanks, glad to help. I know it's not an easy topic to cover, but apparently it's hit close to home for a lot of people. You've improved immensely since we met, so don't keep yourself down. Keep going!

I'm doing some stylized art for the video project I'm working towards so you'll be seeing a more quirky style off and on from me of new graphics. Imagine 60's cartoons of this cartoon world. It's like cat inception. LOL

Here's Tesla Blvd and Maxwell Ave, one of best areas of Hybolt City's nightlife.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-10 04:36:51 (edited 2015-11-10 04:43:32)

As I keep world building and moving towards the next level of development, here's my first official advertisement. It's a simple vector-like poster inspired by 1960's advertising, even adding the dirtiness and fade to the picture. I was also inspired by the art from opening of the show Bewitched. Yes you are seeing hands of cartoon cats clinking their champagne glasses. :D

The slogan "Electricity is in the Air" is a play on words referring to both the electricity themed world and airships.....oh and sexy time. LOL Triple entendre!?....maybe?

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-14 02:07:36

Welcome to Ohmsdale, one of the most luxurious neighborhoods of Ion Valley and home of the Cashmere family. This is prime real estate with mountain views, lakeside property, private beaches, and only about 15 minutes to the city by train! If you live here, you are most likely somebody important or just completely loaded. Call your real estate agent today!

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-14 03:04:10

Wow! I'm really enjoying the concept that you have going with the postcard-like city and landscapes. I just joined, so it's nice to have found a thread so quickly that I can draw inspiration from. Keep up the good work man.

BBS Signature

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-15 00:20:39

At 11/14/15 03:04 AM, LordZaix wrote: Wow! I'm really enjoying the concept that you have going with the postcard-like city and landscapes. I just joined, so it's nice to have found a thread so quickly that I can draw inspiration from. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks a lot! :D

Here's a new advertisement I did for Voltrak Railways, the main source of transit in the Ion Valley region.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-16 11:40:38

Welcome to The Shops at Edison Square! Yeah I needed to put that guy somewhere in this world. What's more fitting than to put his name in an area that is all about consumerism and capitalism. :P Edison was a CEO before an inventor. Poor Tesla.

I'm aiming for that quirky 60's vintage cartoony look for these ads. Cartoons of a cartoon world. As Xibit would say..."yo dawg."

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-17 09:27:45 (edited 2015-11-17 09:30:38)

At 11/16/15 06:14 PM, EKM wrote: Your work is good. You seem seasoned. Although I watched a lot of cartoons during the 80s and 90s and loved anthropomorphic characters, I'm not that interested in them nowadays. I like the professionalism of your ads and related stuff. Do you also make holiday cards? Do you draw anything other than anthropomorphic animals? While you have variety in your drawing style, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly different or impressive. It's just good. And about that message concerning the devaluing of one's work? I think a lot of artists should adopt a less-extreme version of that trait, because I think it helps to constantly elevate.

Thanks for the compliments. Regarding what I draw, I do indeed draw more than anthro characters, including vehicles, landscapes, and have done quite a bit of life studies and figure drawing studies (just browse this thread). I have drawn people, but as you say you aren't interested in anthro, humans don't interest me as much. I like drawing the fantastical, things you don't see everyday while also capturing nostalgia and my childhood through a new and fresh lens. It's what motivates me. I'm also constantly drawing anthro characters because it's for a project I'm doing, along with trying to get better at drawing and illustration. It's a double whammy. I'm trying to take what I loved and push the storytelling a bit older showing that anthro characters aren't just a kiddie thing. However, there's nothing wrong embracing your inner youth either. :D

As a side note, from what I've seen over the years, people still have love for anthro characters whether they like it or not. They're highly memorable and usually bring the most unique flavor and character to a story. My opinion anyway. :D

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-22 12:43:37

Bleh this one was tough. I tried. Here's Cirrus Heights, home of Archer Sullivan.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-22 12:45:28

At 11/22/15 12:43 PM, fxscreamer wrote: Bleh this one was tough. I tried. Here's Cirrus Heights, home of Archer Sullivan.

That's really beautiful! And really bright.

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-22 23:10:30

At 11/22/15 12:45 PM, 123mine123 wrote:
At 11/22/15 12:43 PM, fxscreamer wrote: Bleh this one was tough. I tried. Here's Cirrus Heights, home of Archer Sullivan.
That's really beautiful! And really bright.

Thanks! There were some issues I still wanted to figure out, but I couldn't quite manage it. I still need to work on colors. :P

Here's my next piece that's a vintage ad for the Hybolt Public Transit Authority...a bit inspired by New York's MTA. LOL There's also a speedpaint! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLfSE2wqav8

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-28 18:10:38 (edited 2015-11-28 18:16:40)

Welcome to Ion Valley! I had a bunch of shots of specific locations IN Ion Valley, but what did it look like when you traveled in between them? Here's a big vista shot of mountains, farmlands, ponds, etc. The spirit of Bob Ross was with me. :D

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-11-30 19:42:47

Here's another vintage ad :D HAVE SOME COFFEE WHILE YOU LOOK AT IT LOL

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-04 02:53:42

After taking a few days break, I was itching to draw some characters again rather than landscapes, Here's young Arlo and Enzo...aka Volume 1 versions trying to figure out how to get rid of a spider. I sympathize with them because HOLY CRAP that spider is huge! Arlo needs a flamethrower, not a newspaper. Time to man up!

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-05 01:19:11

Ugh. I did some touching up on them (when I work too fast) and have another version. I feel their faces are more balanced and precise to their character, but slightly subdued. Not sure what people will like more.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-05 23:00:28

Starting another landscape...Faraday Falls again. This shows the mountain lodge resort area. I took the thumbnail I did then scratched in the placement of everything and the architecture of the building. I then splashed some color and values to get a feel for the piece. I want this to feel rich and color with lots of foliage. This is VERY rough and I'm just now BEGINNING the painting. The linework on the lodge is going to take awhile. :P

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-08 12:01:27

All cleaned up. Here's one of the many fabulous resorts in the Faraday Falls area. Enjoy this 5 star experience while taking advantage of activities like hiking, camping, swimming, canoeing, and river rapids. Don't forget to bring your wallet, because this sure isn't free! :P

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-10 02:46:02

As my next vintage ad, I did Winston's Lockridge's company "Lockridge Industries". It's best to think of Winston Lockridge as a cross between Donald Trump and Dick Cheney. Basically Winston is an egomaniac that is capalitism's poster child. Not only is he a wealthy business owner, but he's also one of the most powerful people in Ion Valley. He's great with public relations which also explains his role in politics. However, he fails to disclose his business practices and how his companies operate. While Lockridge Industries has indeed played a vital role in Ion Valley's development, there are whispers that this comes at a great cost, and we aren't talking about money.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-12 02:59:18

Starting a new Cirrus Heights landscape. We'll see how that goes. :P

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-13 22:59:35

All done. Here's the suburbs of Cirrus Heights, also home to Archer Sullivan. Take the train or an airship if you can afford it. :D

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-13 23:00:27

Quick sketch I did. Not your typical Christmas Card. Young Arlo isn't happy about it.

fxscreamer's art thread

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-14 19:06:38

At 12/13/15 10:59 PM, fxscreamer wrote: All done. Here's the suburbs of Cirrus Heights, also home to Archer Sullivan. Take the train or an airship if you can afford it. :D

It seems too white to me, maybe add a color to the atmosphere?
Like its probobly best to use as less white as you can. yet your sky has some really bright colors in it.
Otherwise i like it! lovely!

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-15 00:55:37

At 12/14/15 07:06 PM, Flowers10 wrote:
At 12/13/15 10:59 PM, fxscreamer wrote: All done. Here's the suburbs of Cirrus Heights, also home to Archer Sullivan. Take the train or an airship if you can afford it. :D
It seems too white to me, maybe add a color to the atmosphere?
Like its probobly best to use as less white as you can. yet your sky has some really bright colors in it.
Otherwise i like it! lovely!

Thank you! I think you're right because I've run into the white balance issues in the past. I got lost focusing on other things and ended up drowning out some color. I'm still trying to get my sense of scale and color values...as it's quite hard. Perhaps I'll try to fix it though. I also admit that I was a bit lazy on the 2 point perspective on this. I winged it and probably shouldn't have. :P

Also I checked out your work and damn I must say I'm impressed! Quite amazing work across the board. :D

Response to fxscreamer's art thread 2015-12-17 03:48:36

I haven't talked much about Solar Ionics, but they're the company responsible for over half the innovations in Ion Valley, especially airship propulsion systems. I'd think of their culture as a cross between Tesla Motors, Apple, and perhaps a bit of Aperture Science. They do amazing stuff with the smartest and geekiest nerds alive, but they're also hovering on borderline mad science. Many would like to see inside the facilities, few will ever get to. This poster is more motivational than anything. Solar Ionics takes pride in their awesome innovations that make so many people want to work there. Saddle up and study hard!

fxscreamer's art thread