00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Wonkapipe Collab

699 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Wonkapipe Collab 2014-01-25 00:00:16

This is the Wonkapipe Collab. It's a bit unique in how it works, so listen up.

This Super Mario World themed scene is simple. Ordinary background and a few props. Yet in the middle is the rather conspicuous Wonkapipe.

Your part will involve messing up this scene to your hearts content by any means necessary. You can do as little or as much as you want. The animation can be as short or as long as you want. You can use any or all of the props, or none of them at all. You can use objects, characters, anything to make a mess of this scene. There's virtually no limit. The scene must start out in its clean original state, and must end with something different.

There is one golden rule. The Wonkapipe CANNOT be moved, modified, or affected in any way. It must stay in place without being changed. It is immutable and immovable. You can, however, blemish it with debris or details, but not physical damage. You can also involve the Wonkapipe in a way that does not change it, such as something entering or exiting the pipe, or something crashing into it.

My part of the collab is attempting to clean up your mess. I have to employ any means necessary to revert the mess and damage that you caused back to the original scene. I will do this for every part, which will transition it to the next part, and so on. As such, you will probably want to make my job as difficult as possible. As a rule for myself, I cannot repeat a particular method to clean up the scene.

Therefore, the goal may not be so much about how much damage you can cause, but how creative your mess is. Maybe you'll only care to barely affect anything. Maybe you'll want to challenge me with the most fucked up nightmare of a mess you can cause. Or perhaps you'd rather ignore that and create mayhem on your own terms.

There is no limit on the number of parts in the collab. You can enter as many as you can create. Your part can be any length. Sound is encouraged. Do not add music, I will be taking care of that.

I will be judging parts. This collab is fairly laid back and odds are you'll get accepted assuming you made your part correctly. I may refuse parts if they're too poor in quality or if they do something they're not supposed to.

Please note that while the scene is sprited, your animation does not have to be sprites.

Current due date: March 20th 2014
Due date can be extended.

Flash 8 greatly preferred. If you must use a higher version please save it as a previous version file, and I'll see if someone can convert it. It would help a lot of someone who can do that would volunteer for this position.

Canvas: 640 x 420
FPS: 30
BG: White

Co-authoring will be determined by best scenes and those who contribute the most.

Send your fla and an exported swf of your animation.

Here is the template scene. Read the readme file!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92387083/Wonkapipe%20Collab%20Template.zip

The Wonkapipe Collab

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better. I'm living proof of that.

Response to The Wonkapipe Collab 2014-02-04 07:50:07

Bump. Any takers?

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better. I'm living proof of that.

Response to The Wonkapipe Collab 2014-02-04 11:12:37

Interesting idea... I'm in the midst of trying not to be broke as hell, but if I'm alive this time next month I may give it a shot. I hope you find some others to participate in the mean time. Do you care if the graphical style remains the same? I'm not great with pixel art.

Response to The Wonkapipe Collab 2014-02-06 06:02:13

At 2/4/14 11:12 AM, Zhon wrote: Interesting idea... I'm in the midst of trying not to be broke as hell, but if I'm alive this time next month I may give it a shot. I hope you find some others to participate in the mean time. Do you care if the graphical style remains the same? I'm not great with pixel art.

As long as the Wonkapipe is not modified, anything goes. Glad to hear you're interested.

Response to The Wonkapipe Collab 2014-03-20 23:23:33

Well that does it, the collab has tanked.