00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs!

16,631 Views | 101 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 13:15:05

At 12/3/13 04:39 PM, TomFulp wrote: Classic Portal is actually in the navbar at the moment.

Bliss to me to see NG listen to the wistful whispers of its distant history!

I'd really like a page that shows EVERY piece of content and artist news post as it gets made, where they just pop in at the top of the list (or you click a little link that tells you how many new items are available and it pops them at the top, ala Twitter).

Sounds awesome. Even more so if it's actually a primarily textual listing.

At 12/4/13 03:08 AM, Asandir wrote: It seems like it's impossible now to copy embed and bold tags over into text documents, same goes for links. I always saved my future newsposts fully formatted in text format, but that's not possible anymore. That kind of sucks, to be honest. For now I will just format them manually in textfiles I guess. More inconvenient than before but the only solution :/

I guess an option to toggle between the rich text editor and regular code could solve this issue?

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 13:58:50

At 12/4/13 10:24 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/4/13 10:11 AM, Psychopath wrote: Kinda shows how unrealistically optimistic my expectations are doesn't it?
If you're going to address every site improvement with no gratitude and "you should have done this", then it's a wonder why you think anybody would appreciate your feedback.

If you're going to shitpost and reject objective criticism with ad hominems then it's a wonder why you think I should be grateful for every mediocre update that's implemented. I've noticed you've still haven't actually challenged the substance of my critique.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 16:47:54

yeah that is a huge step that have been taken!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 17:58:48

I really dig the grey bar thingies over the dark orange. What is the chance of a future GUI update allowing us to change the colors of the bar thingies?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 22:19:35

The ability to add multiple images to a blog post is really nice; it would be very useful for my future game guides.

However, I have a question: how do I switch between the rich text editor and the raw text editor? As silly as it sounds, I sometimes prefer to edit the raw markup directly.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-04 23:26:32

Saw another thread that was locked. Someone brought up about it being as part of the forums. That would be amazing!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 07:30:33

At 12/4/13 05:58 PM, Chdonga wrote: I really dig the grey bar thingies over the dark orange.

What are you talking about?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 09:13:38

At 12/5/13 07:30 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/4/13 05:58 PM, Chdonga wrote: I really dig the grey bar thingies over the dark orange.

he mean the new look in the blog when you create the news!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 10:56:54

At 12/4/13 10:19 PM, ixfd64 wrote: However, I have a question: how do I switch between the rich text editor and the raw text editor? As silly as it sounds, I sometimes prefer to edit the raw markup directly.

That's not planned at the moment but we'll have to have a talk about it.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 12:11:43

At 12/5/13 10:56 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/4/13 10:19 PM, ixfd64 wrote: However, I have a question: how do I switch between the rich text editor and the raw text editor? As silly as it sounds, I sometimes prefer to edit the raw markup directly.

Thanks for the information, Tom.

On the subject of which, I've noticed it's possible to get the raw text by copying the rich text and pasting it into the Blogger editor under the latter's "Compose" mode, and then switching to HTML view. However, it doesn't work very well the other way around: some of the formatting was lost and others were added when I copied rich text created in Blogger to Newgrounds.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 12:41:36

UPDATE:

Content embeds no longer auto-play! Now you can pop multiple videos/audio in one blog without making people's ears bleed.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 13:07:07

At 12/5/13 09:13 AM, A-Genius wrote:

This. I prefer the grey and black color scheme with only the text being orange.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 14:29:21

At 12/5/13 01:07 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 12/5/13 09:13 AM, A-Genius wrote:
This. I prefer the grey and black color scheme with only the text being orange.

Oh, I thought you meant you were seeing the orange theme in the editor itself.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 15:53:41

At 12/3/13 11:36 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also Fuckin' Luis did CSS styling stuff.

Yeah @Luis, did you decide to just do away with those link icons altogether then?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 16:08:59

At 12/5/13 12:41 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: UPDATE:

I'm happy to hear about this. Great job man!

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 16:15:07

At 12/5/13 10:56 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Not a fan of hearing that there are no plans for that, not at all. Can't make newspost with any tags in advance as I can't back them up as textfiles. The tag formats where even changed so every newspost that I backed up as newspost is now completely useless. That makes this update an absolutely disaster for me. But still nice work on making embed newgrounds mp4's and multiple pictures work, that is still something good, especially for artists.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 17:22:03

Seriously, someone should correct the black text selection color into a more eye friendly one. You can barely see what you have selected in the new blog post system. Because of the very dark grayish background. Excuse my poor English. Besides this, it's fine.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 17:37:50

At 12/5/13 04:15 PM, Asandir wrote: The tag formats where even changed

?

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 18:26:56

At 12/5/13 05:37 PM, liljim wrote:
At 12/5/13 04:15 PM, Asandir wrote: The tag formats where even changed
?

What I mean is, in the past when I made a newspost, I made for example some words bold and italic and made some links, I was able to save the raw format of the newspost in a textfile. Later I am able to copy the text from this textfile into a newspost then the words would be bold/italic links etc. Now those tags are just broken, copying those old textfles into a newspost will produce broken tags.

That doesn't bother me too much but I can't even get the (new?) raw format anymore as there is no option for that. It would be however useful for users who use lots of text options and do newspost for weeks in advance. It would be a cool option to have:

At 12/3/13 07:31 PM, Bobogoobo wrote: Not that I use blogs much, but would it be possible to add an option to use code view still? I've always preferred being able to edit the raw data - more control of what's actually going on.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 20:09:49

This is incredibly helpful. I just made those bullets my bitch.

Thank you, Tom, for giving me the opportunity to sexually abuse my computer.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-05 23:17:49

I'm liking this new newspost update.

If only we could edit our current newspost...

Yes, I know you're working on it - I'm just impatient.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 00:11:31

At 12/5/13 03:53 PM, Mich wrote: Yeah @Luis, did you decide to just do away with those link icons altogether then?

nope i didnt do away with anything really, except the (::selection styling). The default editor has some stuff taken out by default and for the sake of not messing with the wiring i didnt turn on or off anything nor did i hide anything with css. I think once things stabilize i want to get bolder with exploring some of the features that the editor has reserved for more custom and advanced implementations

None

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 02:02:54

The great thing about tom is he listens to what we want

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 04:20:00

At 12/6/13 12:11 AM, Luis wrote:
At 12/5/13 03:53 PM, Mich wrote: Yeah @Luis, did you decide to just do away with those link icons altogether then?
nope i didnt do away with anything really, except the (::selection styling). The default editor has some stuff taken out by default and for the sake of not messing with the wiring i didnt turn on or off anything nor did i hide anything with css. I think once things stabilize i want to get bolder with exploring some of the features that the editor has reserved for more custom and advanced implementations

I was mostly talking about the little "external link" icons you get next to links (example). They don't seem to show up on the blogs anymore.

It'd also be nice to see if you could give the ckeditor more of an NG styling, right now it looks a bit obvious it's a plugin. Good work regardless!

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 05:43:44

At 12/5/13 11:17 PM, JRob wrote: I'm liking this new newspost update.

You could edit any new posts immediately, you've been able to edit _all_ news posts around 12 or so hours after this went live. You've nothing to be impatient about, you should be able to edit everything.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 05:47:09

At 12/6/13 04:20 AM, Mich wrote: I was mostly talking about the little "external link" icons you get next to links (example).

Yeah, they've been removed. I think we put those in at a time when browsers wouldn't do the job of telling you what domain you're clicking through to when you hover... but most now do, so they seem kinda irrelevant. And they conflicted with images wrapped in links, so...

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 05:49:21

At 12/5/13 06:26 PM, Asandir wrote: What I mean is, in the past when I made a newspost, I made for example some words bold and italic and made some links, I was able to save the raw format of the newspost in a textfile. Later I am able to copy the text from this textfile into a newspost then the words would be bold/italic links etc. Now those tags are just broken, copying those old textfles into a newspost will produce broken tags.

Oh I understand that, I thought you were referring to what tags you're allowed to use - e.g. <a bc> changed to <xyz>.

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 06:46:30

At 12/6/13 05:43 AM, liljim wrote:
At 12/5/13 11:17 PM, JRob wrote: I'm liking this new newspost update.

You could edit any new posts immediately, you've been able to edit _all_ news posts around 12 or so hours after this went live. You've nothing to be impatient about, you should be able to edit everything.

Completely forgot the edit button wasn't a button in the upper right-hand corner, but a link at the bottom of the post.

My brain has been completely overworked over this past week...last week of the semester...almost all-nighters

I just pulled a complete one today working on an English project due by midnight tonight - I'm only like 1/3 done...

...about 7 calculus homework assignments I had to complete within 2 days...finals...don't even get me started on that technical report for my engineering class I had to get done from start to finish in a day and a half before it was due...

And I've got a final exam in exactly an hour and 15 minutes from now - after pulling an all-nighter.

I'm definitely looking foward to having a month off after all this.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 09:20:14

At 12/6/13 04:20 AM, Mich wrote: I was mostly talking about the little "external link" icons you get next to links (example). They don't seem to show up on the blogs anymore.

OH. Yea that i did take out. Reason being that it makes a mess of things when an image is attached that has a link. Bob's css was never designed to support that sort of implementation so the little icon was way out of place. The only way to drill down and target that specific instance was to generate a new class, which just didnt seem as worthwhile as just removing the little booger altogether. So yea it was a case of pick your battles.

It'd also be nice to see if you could give the ckeditor more of an NG styling, right now it looks a bit obvious it's a plugin. Good work regardless!

Patience my pet.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Multi-Image Posting & RTE in Blogs! 2013-12-06 09:28:20

At 12/6/13 09:20 AM, Luis wrote:
At 12/6/13 04:20 AM, Mich wrote: I was mostly talking about the little "external link" icons you get next to links (example). They don't seem to show up on the blogs anymore.
OH. Yea that i did take out. Reason being that it makes a mess of things when an image is attached that has a link. Bob's css was never designed to support that sort of implementation so the little icon was way out of place. The only way to drill down and target that specific instance was to generate a new class, which just didnt seem as worthwhile as just removing the little booger altogether. So yea it was a case of pick your battles.

Patience my pet.

Actually i take that back. I think that something hard and painful has been to move away from the overly styled NG styling. I have spent an ungodly amount of time doing that in the redesign (well the mobile redesign, coming soon!).

I think one of our biggest pains in moving forward in this modern world has been that the styling of the site is so custom made, it makes flexibility very difficult, and ultimately things feel 'forced' to fit. My vision in rethinking the site has been to strip away things that get in the way of user experience and let the CONTENT of the site be the flagship of the creative strategy. LONG ANSWER and i swear im not crazy but just to give you some context, right now the site has something like FIVE borders before you see a piece of content. Thats almost like 30 pixels of just borders, which is nuts and super restrictive. So much useable space slashed by border after border after border. It becomes super inefficient in a screen size of mobile where you have at times 320 pixels of real estate to utilize.

None

BBS Signature