00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rick & Morty (new AS show)

35,209 Views | 312 Replies

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-20 21:27:54

At 9/20/15 09:25 PM, GodInACup wrote: If Rick mentions a hatred or love for bumper stickers, I will shit.

I'd probably turn off the TV. It would essentially prove Rick and Morty really exist in a parallel universe bro.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-20 23:33:20

Right now it's a bit of a remix from a previous episode.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-21 00:01:02

Eh not bad. Execution on some jokes could have been better but overall it was okay.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

I really don't understand any of the backlash this episode has been getting. I thought it was better than Rixty Minutes. The intro scene, holding the dildo at gunpoint, personal space show, stealy, how it's made, butt ice cream, fucking jan michael vincents...

If you liked Rixty Minutes and not this episode, I don't understand you in the slightest. I thought the skits were on par and in some places funnier, and the actual plot was a hell of a lot better than Rixty Minutes' whole "beth and jerry realize why they're together" scenario.

Don't fucking touch my Eyeholes.

also tiny rick in the previous episode was absolutely fantastic

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-23 21:05:10

Pretty sure they had said they were gonna make Rixty Minutes like their Treehouse of Horror kind of thing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-23 23:41:10

Yeah it was bad let's see how this week goes.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-23 23:46:09

At 9/23/15 09:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Pretty sure they had said they were gonna make Rixty Minutes like their Treehouse of Horror kind of thing.

Honestly speaking, Rick and Morty is one of those shows I DON'T want to see have season after season after season made for it. I don't want to see it turn into another Family Guy or Simpsons. Might not seem 100% relevant to what you said, but I feel like the Rixty Minutes thing implies the above may end up happening. Especially since it's doing great ratings wise.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-09-24 15:33:06

At 9/23/15 11:46 PM, Viper wrote:
At 9/23/15 09:05 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Pretty sure they had said they were gonna make Rixty Minutes like their Treehouse of Horror kind of thing.
Honestly speaking, Rick and Morty is one of those shows I DON'T want to see have season after season after season made for it. I don't want to see it turn into another Family Guy or Simpsons. Might not seem 100% relevant to what you said, but I feel like the Rixty Minutes thing implies the above may end up happening. Especially since it's doing great ratings wise.

I feel like Rick wouldnt let the show get that bad somehow. If the show gets too successful I could see it happening. In that case Rick would be talking shit about the show himself like Family Guy has jokingly done before. As if that makes it ok to get lazy. Actually Rick has been critical of the show already in the 2nd season. I like a character being the negative voice of the audience. Unlike the Simpsons where were all Comic Book Guy.

It is a show that I want take its time on story and design. As much as possible.

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 08:05:05

-school all week
-work all weekend
-rick and morty sunday night
-school all week
-work all weekend
-school all week
-work all weekend
-no Ricky and Morty next Sunday

Feels bad man.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 16:23:29

Rick and Morty is something not only that needs to be on the cartoon network it is something the world needs to see, for a prime example the episode where ricks car dies and he needs to go inside the battery which is a microscopic universe... a fucking microscopic universe something that actually exists in real life. But Im just saying it opens the mind to a new way of thinking in some aspects that humans as a whole do not even try to recognize. Cognitive thinking recognizing... and in all aspect bettering the mind sets of humans.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 19:35:13

At 10/4/15 08:05 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: -school all week
-work all weekend
-school all week
-work all weekend
-school all week
-work all weekend
-no Ricky and Morty next Sunday

Feels bad man.

Walking Dead and Comic Book Men, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 19:38:14

At 10/4/15 07:35 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Walking Dead and Comic Book Men, though.

I don't watch those things.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 23:40:30

Damn, some hints are teased at in this episode about Rick's past.

Jerry acted like a total idiot... like usual. Though Rick is... acting a bit off. Episode still playing.

Oh crap! DRAMA BOMB.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 23:59:09

Shit broke my heart and the after credit scene rubbed salt in the wound.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-04 23:59:47

At 10/4/15 11:59 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Shit broke my heart and the after credit scene rubbed salt in the wound.

You're not kidding about that.

"Year and half! Or longer!"

mfw

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-05 00:05:13

At 10/4/15 11:59 PM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 10/4/15 11:59 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Shit broke my heart and the after credit scene rubbed salt in the wound.
You're not kidding about that.

"Year and half! Or longer!"

mfw

I mean it's good that it's American animated but that's why everyone outsources to animation companies now.

Takes so fucking long.

I hope I don't die within that time.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-05 00:35:23

I don't feel very good right now. fugitive in the bar calls in a tip on himself. its breaking bad all over again.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-05 03:46:21

I was laughing pretty hard at how blunt it was when it was making jokes about how long we're gonna have to wait until season three. Then the episode ended and I got really sad because it is going to be a Hella long time before we get any resolution. True story.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-05 12:16:52

Well guys... let's all just hug it out and revive this thread in a year and a half... or more.

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-06 01:57:55

At 10/5/15 12:16 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Well guys... let's all just hug it out and revive this thread in a year and a half... or more.

Do you need a hug?

At 10/5/15 08:51 PM, Piggler wrote: The use of "Hurt" at the end amplified the feels.

I know what you mean. I would've thought that Rick would have had a back up base or something... doesn't Rick's ship have it's own AI? Or was it captured by the Galatic Federation? Urgh... 'year and a half... or longer!' Torture.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-06 11:17:39

In Season 3, Birdman should be in the infirmary and Rick reunites with his allies to break free.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-06 11:23:40

At 10/6/15 01:57 AM, someaveragechap wrote:
At 10/5/15 12:16 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: Well guys... let's all just hug it out and revive this thread in a year and a half... or more.
Do you need a hug?

N-noooo

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-07 00:51:39

Jesus christ that's might be the first time my eyes have gotten watery over a fucking cartoon.

OOOOHH, WEEE.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-07 02:26:04

Just ran some numbers: If the amount of time between the ending of season 2 and the start 3 of Rick & Morty is the same as the amount of time between the ending of season 1 and start of season 2, we'll get new episodes in January of 2017. And that somehow seems like a very kind estimate that assumes they'll do it as quickly.

:'(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-07 11:56:53

I must say that I was really impressed by the season finale. I know that there were some genuinely heartwarming moments in the show, but for a show known for having unpleasant characters, that was really sweet and even showed a big change (probably won't last, but you get it).

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-07 20:18:32

At 10/7/15 11:56 AM, Ericho wrote: I must say that I was really impressed by the season finale. I know that there were some genuinely heartwarming moments in the show, but for a show known for having unpleasant characters, that was really sweet and even showed a big change (probably won't last, but you get it).

I have been pretty impressed by this last season. I wasn't really a fan when it first came out, it was hit and miss to me, but I've enjoyed the last several episodes.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-08 14:08:49

Right when I thought cartoons won't pull a "Futurama - Jurassic Bark" this cartoon did.

Curses.

I must admit, this almost made me ball but I only do that for series finales. Don't do that again Rick and Morty. <3

Btw everyone's' favorite newgrounder Egoraptor guest voiced on it, it was awesome =D

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you. Twitter: @Hypnotikid

BBS Signature

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-10-14 09:51:35

At 10/8/15 02:08 PM, fireimp wrote: Btw everyone's' favorite newgrounder Egoraptor guest voiced on it, it was awesome =D

Yes, I remember seeing him in the credits!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-11-23 14:26:21

At 10/7/15 08:18 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I have been pretty impressed by this last season. I wasn't really a fan when it first came out, it was hit and miss to me, but I've enjoyed the last several episodes.

Finally got to see this show - I'm on eps 5 of the first season, and it's VERY hit and miss for me. I was really excited to finally see this show too. Guess I'll finish it and see how season two is.

Response to Rick & Morty (new AS show) 2015-11-23 17:17:30

At 11/23/15 02:26 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 10/7/15 08:18 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I have been pretty impressed by this last season. I wasn't really a fan when it first came out, it was hit and miss to me, but I've enjoyed the last several episodes.
Finally got to see this show - I'm on eps 5 of the first season, and it's VERY hit and miss for me. I was really excited to finally see this show too. Guess I'll finish it and see how season two is.

Trust me. The further in you go the funnier it gets. Season 2 wasn't AS good as season 1 in my opinion but the difference is barely noticeable. Season 2's ending has too many feels though..

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature