00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

More Amazing People to Follow

27,310 Views | 59 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 02:54:54

At 11/23/13 07:37 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/23/13 07:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: they're only good people until they submit something that hurts someone's feelings and Tom pulls it.
Tony. Shut the fuck up.

I was gonna tell ya to chill the hell out, but you are right. Tom's friends wouldn't upload something that would darken this site with bad press. Good people wouldn't piss down Tom's back, and tell him it's raining, that's for sure. Besides, all this is past history, last post, and I sure as hell don't want to say more on the subject :|

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 04:45:55

At 11/22/13 12:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
pixeljamgames have released a new Dino Run game to help promote their Dino Run 2 Kickstarter. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628617
Ever since Gamma Bros, I've been really impressed by these guys as game developers. They definitely deserve more followers and they deserve to hit their Kickstarter goal.

I got the chance to Interview Miles Tilmann & Rich Grilotti from PixelJam about their Kickstarter. We talked about what all can be expected from Dino Run 2 as well as a brief history of PixelJam itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH82a1LE2eQ

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 09:41:28

Snow Hare still has a really high score on the Top 50 in the Classic Portal. I find it amazing that it was this guy's first piece. I certainly did the favor of becoming a fan and hope that he will make more awesome stuff in the future! I especially love how it was a true tribute to an actual person. Thank you, Tom, for bringing attention to this fantastic cartoon!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 13:11:52

I stop watching movies / playing games since you removed how big a movie / game is.

If I watch all movies or playing games, my internet bill would be high.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 15:17:38

Newgrounds underground movies

BOSS

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 18:34:12

At 11/24/13 05:42 PM, NewShape wrote:
At 11/24/13 01:11 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: I stop watching movies / playing games since you removed how big a movie / game is.

20mbs? Do you live in Somalia lol?

100 megs. Because many movies have over 100 megs. I once watched a movie of 200 megs.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-24 18:41:27

At 11/24/13 06:34 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote:
At 11/24/13 01:11 PM, Abracadabra123 wrote: I stop watching movies / playing games since you removed how big a movie / game is.

100 megs. Because many movies have over 100 megs. I once watched a movie of 200 megs.

I mean 3 gigs each month. If I watch movies and playing games on Newgrounds everyday or elsewhere, I would easily break that limit.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 07:28:59

Why doesn't NG give points for portals other than the games or Movies portals? The Music portal is practically dead, for example. Even though I spend most of my time in the art portal, it would be nice for it to count for something. Not enough so that I'd have 100 kids running in rating everything 5 when it's a crappy piece (they do that already). But, like, something

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 09:11:11

At 11/25/13 07:28 AM, GoodShotJohnnyJimmy wrote: Why doesn't NG give points for portals other than the games or Movies portals? The Music portal is practically dead, for example. Even though I spend most of my time in the art portal, it would be nice for it to count for something. Not enough so that I'd have 100 kids running in rating everything 5 when it's a crappy piece (they do that already). But, like, something

We have a plan to overhaul the voting system and when we do that, all of the Portals will becoming a unified set of code and will award EXP. I would also like to award EXP per vote, with a daily max, vs making you reach the daily max in order to deposit. This way if you just vote on one thing a day, you can still slowly climb the charts. Right now you can vote on four things a day and make no progress if you don't vote on that fifth thing.

The new system will also be based on one vote per submission per user. This will allow us to discover vote fraud much more easily and it will let users keep a personal log of everything they have voted on, so they can go back and look and sort it, or potentially choose to make their data public. Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

While planning all this stuff we actually start to question the favorites system for content... We've discussed converting everyone's favorites lists into Playlists under their account, and in the future they can choose to either add items to their playlists of favorites, or just vote on them to have in their voting log. Just another one of those things that could reduce complexity. We also talk about using content favorites as a way to follow the content when it has updates, but that could also work by just following the artist and it would reduce confusion in what happens when you click a pink heart, because pink hearts would only appear next to artists and not content.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 12:04:44

We have a plan to overhaul the voting system and when we do that, all of the Portals will becoming a unified set of code and will award EXP. I would also like to award EXP per vote, with a daily max, vs making you reach the daily max in order to deposit. This way if you just vote on one thing a day, you can still slowly climb the charts. Right now you can vote on four things a day and make no progress if you don't vote on that fifth thing.

The new voting system would be so cool if all of this was featured in it, especially the thought of voting on something and receive EXP per vote instead of having to view exact number of submissions to deposit the EXP points. What would then be the daily max, what stops users from voting on 150 things to increase EXP.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 13:06:02

At 11/25/13 12:04 PM, Plebbi wrote: The new voting system would be so cool if all of this was featured in it, especially the thought of voting on something and receive EXP per vote instead of having to view exact number of submissions to deposit the EXP points. What would then be the daily max, what stops users from voting on 150 things to increase EXP.

There would still be a daily max of 10 XP but we could do double XP weekends, so people could rock out extra hard when they have more free time. Double XP on NG would mean getting to vote on twice the stuff, vs getting double the XP per vote.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 15:16:24

Definitely loved Snow Hare.

Thanks for showing their works to the viewers ^^

My soundtracks, your imagination

SETTLE IT! IN SMASH!

My Youtube channel

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-25 16:51:16

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: The new system will also be based on one vote per submission per user. This will allow us to discover vote fraud much more easily and it will let users keep a personal log of everything they have voted on, so they can go back and look and sort it, or potentially choose to make their data public. Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

This can not come soon enough. Speaking as an audio guy, most of the genre sections are unusable because they're flooded with a bunch of submissions from, like, 3 unique artists. I'm not suggesting vote fraud, but... ok, that is what I'm suggesting.

While planning all this stuff we actually start to question the favorites system for content... We've discussed converting everyone's favorites lists into Playlists under their account, and in the future they can choose to either add items to their playlists of favorites, or just vote on them to have in their voting log. Just another one of those things that could reduce complexity. We also talk about using content favorites as a way to follow the content when it has updates, but that could also work by just following the artist and it would reduce confusion in what happens when you click a pink heart, because pink hearts would only appear next to artists and not content.

Speaking of the favorites heart, and while you're taking suggestions, I honestly think that that heart could be a lot more obvious. It's buried in a toolbar that you normally pay no attention to, and it's not entirely clear what clicking on it does, unless you're one of those people who mouses over every button. Same deal with the "favorite artist" button. I think artists would get a lot more favorites if the "favorite this artist" button was in a more visually obvious place (perhaps coupled with some text like "Favorite this artist!").

Just my two cents!

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-26 00:34:25

Over the past few days I've heard a lot of things about the direction you intend to take Newgrounds, Tom. It really fills me with optimism because I was becoming a bit despondent. I really hope that all of the changes you're talking about happen because it's something that the website and community here need.

I'm glad that I've stuck by Newgrounds since 2004. Ignore the sign-up date, this is the account I made to officially start submitting proper content to the website. With so many projects of mine only about two-three months off a release, I really hope 2014 is the year that a lot of Newgrounds contributors can make their mark whether that's in games or animation.

A lot of us look up to you and aspire to achieve what you have. If I can ever make a game that achieves half of what Castle Crashers has achieved, I'd be beyond thrilled. Sorry to sound like an asskisser here, but after the whole censorship ordeal, I think that it's important for you to know that even some us less vocal users support you and believe in this place.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-26 05:54:32

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/25/13 07:28 AM, GoodShotJohnnyJimmy wrote: Why doesn't NG give points for portals other than the games or Movies portals? The Music portal is practically dead, for example. Even though I spend most of my time in the art portal, it would be nice for it to count for something. Not enough so that I'd have 100 kids running in rating everything 5 when it's a crappy piece (they do that already). But, like, something

The new system will also be based on one vote per submission per user. This will allow us to discover vote fraud much more easily and it will let users keep a personal log of everything they have voted on, so they can go back and look and sort it, or potentially choose to make their data public. Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

Much thanks for the thorough explanation :D

I especially like being able to go back and edit scores (and reviews too hopefully). Would be nice to be able to reply to artist's comments too (viewable after clicking a button to un-minimize their comment and showing the conversation). I know a lot of times they'll ask me a question and I have to PM them). I spend pretty much all my time in the art portal, so I can spend more time reviewing there : )

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-26 13:38:17

Wow tom thanks for the shout out! Really means alot.

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-26 17:13:42

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have a plan to overhaul the voting system and when we do that, all of the Portals will becoming a unified set of code and will award EXP. I would also like to award EXP per vote, with a daily max, vs making you reach the daily max in order to deposit. This way if you just vote on one thing a day, you can still slowly climb the charts. Right now you can vote on four things a day and make no progress if you don't vote on that fifth thing.

Hmm... Why should a person who has more experience in watching flash movies and playing flash games be more competent at judging art or music? I mean, the principle behind experience makes quite a bit of sense, that people who've experienced more of a certain thing will have a better capacity to judge whether something is up to NG's standards and how good, relatively, it is.

Wait, what? Vote fraud? What exactly do you mean by that? A NG user should only vote on something once, and never again? That seems like an arbitrary imposition, given the (current) open nature of the system, and raises a few questions, such as what happens if someone changes their mind? I have to say, this is first time (as best I can recall) when this issue has come up and been put like this. Or am I reading too much into your statement?

The idea of having votes be (optionally) public is intriguing, mind you.

Hmm, I'm quite happy with the system as it is, but I guess I'm just too used to it. Mind you, I did hate it when you guys changed the order in which the favourites are added (new favourites now going to the top of the queue). And as long as I keep the old ones and easily add to the new ones (to keep track, of course), it's not a big deal and as long as new people find it easier to use, it works anyway.

Fun: THAT IS THE BENEFIT OF DIPLOMATIC IMUNITY!

To think about the world, click cat.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-26 18:26:36

I'm not sure what to think about on the matter but i'm am very interested on how this is gonna turn out!

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-27 19:13:07

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: The new system will also be based on one vote per submission per user. This will allow us to discover vote fraud much more easily and it will let users keep a personal log of everything they have voted on, so they can go back and look and sort it, or potentially choose to make their data public. Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

I'm surprised to hear about this change in the voting system. I remember the audio portal used to have the very same voting system back in 2006, and it made musicians defenseless against the feared "zerobombers". Implementing that very same system again seems a little scary.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-28 09:43:43

At 11/27/13 07:13 PM, Whirlguy wrote: I'm surprised to hear about this change in the voting system. I remember the audio portal used to have the very same voting system back in 2006, and it made musicians defenseless against the feared "zerobombers". Implementing that very same system again seems a little scary.

The Audio Portal was never one vote per user, it just required registration. A single user account could still show up daily to vote 0, and we weren't keeping a log so we couldn't catch people using mass alts to spam downvotes. The new system would keep a log and we'd have ways to recognize when vote abuse is taking place, so we could nullify fake votes.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-28 15:28:00

At 11/28/13 09:43 AM, TomFulp wrote: The Audio Portal was never one vote per user, it just required registration. A single user account could still show up daily to vote 0, and we weren't keeping a log so we couldn't catch people using mass alts to spam downvotes. The new system would keep a log and we'd have ways to recognize when vote abuse is taking place, so we could nullify fake votes.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure the audioportal in 2006 and before always messaged me that I had already voted on a submission and couldn't vote on it again. I don't think it ever explained why that was, but it showed up regardless of when I last voted, allowing me to vote only once. The redesign in 2007 was all the more memorable for me when that got changed. But whatever, it's not that relevant. Either way, I think keeping track of voting behavior sounds like a good thing to do! It is sure to put a stop to malicious voters.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-29 10:53:25

since you are fixing the system can you bring back the actual score (by NUMBEr) I'm sick of this just star crap, just putting that back would be nice to know where the submission stands EXACTLY on score.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-30 08:06:01

You forgot yesterday's follow friday!

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-11-30 15:34:30

I really wish EgoRaptor was in this list, but then, I figure he's probably gotten enough publicity. But still. I wanted to say it. EgoRaptor. Is. Awesome.

More Amazing People to Follow

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-01 04:30:24

Amazing people to create. Well, obviously, i like them.

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-02 11:37:36

At 11/25/13 09:11 AM, TomFulp wrote: We have a plan to overhaul the voting system...

Sounds good! Especially double EXP weekends, as long as everybody really knows about them it'd be a great way for currently active users to gain some momentum on older ones.

Your vote score and review score would be one unified score, to minimize all the score complexity. You'll be able to edit your score if something improves later. Presumably, if all goes to plan, at least.

How will the vote/review scores for previous submissions be merged if/when this happens? Will review scores count as vote scores retrospectively? I'm wondering if the overall scores for old submissions will change as well it this comes into effect.

What would happen to all the other favorites, IOW books, regular movies, games, etc? Having the favorite as a playlist sounds like a good idea, but I hope the Favorites section on users profiles doesn't disappear. With one undeletable playlist for favorites (like on YT I guess?), it could be showcased via the favorites tab in addition to/instead of the playlists block. Or would the playlists tab be merged with the favorites tab? Speaking of feature additions, it'd be great to be able to sort playlists, so the older ones don't get automatically hidden from the main view if you add a new.

Would be cool to see which playlists one of your submissions is on as well, or a list of users who have that submission in at least one playlist, like back when you could see which users favorite a specific submission.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-03 08:15:20

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-04 18:03:08

At 11/25/13 01:06 PM, TomFulp wrote: There would still be a daily max of 10 XP but we could do double XP weekends, so people could rock out extra hard when they have more free time. Double XP on NG would mean getting to vote on twice the stuff, vs getting double the XP per vote.

I'm not going to make any fuss if the double EXP idea doesn't go to plan since I think what we have now is as good as it is but if this goes ahead would it be possible to have double EXP for Friday-Sunday? Perhaps that's what you had in mind but incase you haven't, I would like it this way since it would mean earning 100 EXP a week and I always like numbers rounding off nicely like that.

Pardon the OCD bullshit with numbers but that's how I like my figures.

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2013-12-04 22:44:30

At 12/3/13 08:15 AM, spacegod105 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628231

I couldn't help it but to look on your profile, thanks for the whistle points

No Fap November: 2014 - 2022

BBS Signature

Response to More Amazing People to Follow 2014-03-07 21:30:12

My limit's 100 mbs per day. If I keep watching videos and playing games, I would pay $100/month for internet bill.

I once watched a video over 200 megs on Newgrounds. Flash is more smaller than mp4.