00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Crash Bandicoot fan club.

6,431 Views | 58 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-19 12:04:17

I didn't see one of these around, so I decided to make one.

Now, let me get something straight. If you do decide to comment, don't start spamming about ''how the new games suck.''

Fair, enough, they aren't what they used to be, but they are still half decent games and some people (that aren't me, might I add) like them.

So, now that's out of the way- This is a place where you can talk about Crash Bandicoot games, be the developer Naughty dog, Travellers Tales Oxford Studios, Eurocom, Sierra, Activision, Radical games or some other company that I might have missed. Have fun. :D

Isn't Dingodile just plain awesome?

How can you not like him?

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-19 16:27:50

What year was the last Crash game released? 2008?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 10:46:56

At 11/19/13 04:27 PM, Atlas wrote: What year was the last Crash game released? 2008?

I think so...

Let me research it...

...I researched it and MoM was released in North America on October 7th 2008 and was later released in Europe and Australia on October 31st, in case you wanted the specific dates. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 11:49:31

I loved Crash Bandicoot while I was a kid.
Played that and Spyro all the time.
Haven't played a Crash game in years though.....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 12:20:31

At 11/20/13 11:49 AM, Viper50 wrote: I loved Crash Bandicoot while I was a kid.
Played that and Spyro all the time.
Haven't played a Crash game in years though.....

Well, if you have a place that sells old games locally, I recommend going there, it's where I got most of my Crash games that I own now.

You could also get them on PSN if you have a PS3, not sure about PS4.

Alternatively, you could get an emulator and play them on your PC/Laptop/Mac/Giant piece of metal from the future which shoots lasers and makes cake.

Hope that helps. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 16:35:58

This should be a more open thread, like a "Naughty Dog Fan Club" Since I do like Crash and Jak and Daxter

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 19:54:11

At 11/19/13 12:04 PM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote: I didn't see one of these around, so I decided to make one.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/310505

Shoulda looked a little harder.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 20:15:43

At 11/20/13 04:35 PM, Boomstick wrote: This should be a more open thread, like a "Naughty Dog Fan Club" Since I do like Crash and Jak and Daxter

Or a Naughty Dog/Insomniac Fan Club.
Then we could discuss Crash, Jak and Daxter, AND Spyro.

Spyro is one of my favoritestes game eva

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-20 21:27:37

At 11/20/13 08:15 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 11/20/13 04:35 PM, Boomstick wrote: This should be a more open thread, like a "Naughty Dog Fan Club" Since I do like Crash and Jak and Daxter

I second the Naughty Dog/Insomniac Fan Club. Then we can discuss Crash, Jak & Daxter, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and call me crazy but Uncharted as well.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 07:12:53

Crash Bandicoot is definitely one of my favorite of all time child hood games.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 09:32:18

Aw shit, I missed Crash Bandicoot.
I had a friend who actually managed to fully complete Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 10:37:58

This should be a more open thread, like a "Naughty Dog Fan Club" Since I do like Crash and Jak and Daxter
I second the Naughty Dog/Insomniac Fan Club. Then we can discuss Crash, Jak & Daxter, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and call me crazy but Uncharted as well.

It's a great idea, so I might make it if you want. :P

I do really think it's a great idea.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 10:40:06

At 11/21/13 09:32 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Aw shit, I missed Crash Bandicoot.
I had a friend who actually managed to fully complete Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3.

Don't worry, there's plenty of places where you can acquire classic games like the original CB trilogy (quadrilogy if you count CTR) and things of that sort. You just have to look hard enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 12:03:10

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! Time to replay Crash!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 19:10:42

Bandicoot is OP

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-21 23:19:17

At 11/20/13 09:27 PM, Atlas wrote: I second the Naughty Dog/Insomniac Fan Club. Then we can discuss Crash, Jak & Daxter, Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and call me crazy but Uncharted as well.
At 11/21/13 10:37 AM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote: It's a great idea, so I might make it if you want. :P

I do really think it's a great idea.

Well that settles it. This club needs to be a thing.
Someone else make it though. Cause I'm not gonna do it ._.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-22 01:37:01

At 11/21/13 11:19 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I thought this club was fine to begin with....

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-22 11:08:49

At 11/22/13 01:37 AM, Luer wrote:
At 11/21/13 11:19 PM, Viper50 wrote:

I thought this club was fine to begin with....

While you have a point, if I make it a Naughty dog/Insomniac club we can talk about games like Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank along with the legendary Bandicoot.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-24 11:12:05

Rumor has it that Sony might of bought crash bandicoot from activision.

Article link

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-24 12:14:22

At 11/24/13 11:12 AM, OmegaweaponV5 wrote: Rumor has it that Sony might of bought crash bandicoot from activision.

Article link

It'd be pretty cool if Sony bought Crash Bandicoot. We need more Crash games along with more Spyro games as well.
Skylanders doesn't count. Also they made Spyro into some kind of mutant thing and I'll never forgive them for that.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-24 13:14:15

Crash Bandicoot used to be good, sadly the recent games really didn't know what to do at all. The whole Coco screaming pancakes scene I was showed was just painful, they seemed to just want t oruin every character in the series, Coco was great for being the overly clever sister to Crash to contrast her insane brother.

The first 3 games, Crash Team Racing and questionably Crash Bash (though single player in it is really bad) were all good, Crash Bandicoot 2 being the best imo.

But yea, hopefully the new game mentioned won't be as shit as the last ones.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-29 06:04:51

At 11/24/13 01:14 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: Crash Bandicoot used to be good, sadly the recent games really didn't know what to do at all. The whole Coco screaming pancakes scene I was showed was just painful, they seemed to just want t oruin every character in the series, Coco was great for being the overly clever sister to Crash to contrast her insane brother.

The first 3 games, Crash Team Racing and questionably Crash Bash (though single player in it is really bad) were all good, Crash Bandicoot 2 being the best imo.

But yea, hopefully the new game mentioned won't be as shit as the last ones.

Yeah, I hated that. I mean, Coco went from being a genius to a god damn sissy!

I liked all of the games up to Tag team racing, personally.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-11-29 06:08:03

At 11/27/13 02:41 PM, FistofGreedo wrote: Crash Bandicoot 2 was one of my favorites, along with Spyro.

Aren't they bringing back crash sometime soon?
I can't quite remember, I believe there's an article about it

I dunno. I didn't hear about it. If Sony bought the rights from Activision (which is effectively Universal, when you think about it. Universal turned into Universal Vivendi, then Sierra and Sierra got bought out by Craptivision.) they'd still need to get a developer to make it and it's been such a long time that I don't know who'd be willing to do it.

ND and TT have moved on. I don't think we want Radical, either. Maybe Sony would just buy Crystals Wrath and put it on the PS3 and/or PS4?

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-03 10:38:40

Then there's the soundtrack problem. Spiralmouth split up, so there's no chance of a Twinsanity style soundtrack. And I doubt that a classic style soundtrack would go down well with most musicians, since they'd want to make something flashy and new.

At 11/29/13 06:08 AM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote:
At 11/27/13 02:41 PM, FistofGreedo wrote: Crash Bandicoot 2 was one of my favorites, along with Spyro.

Aren't they bringing back crash sometime soon?
I can't quite remember, I believe there's an article about it
I dunno. I didn't hear about it. If Sony bought the rights from Activision (which is effectively Universal, when you think about it. Universal turned into Universal Vivendi, then Sierra and Sierra got bought out by Craptivision.) they'd still need to get a developer to make it and it's been such a long time that I don't know who'd be willing to do it.

ND and TT have moved on. I don't think we want Radical, either. Maybe Sony would just buy Crystals Wrath and put it on the PS3 and/or PS4?

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-03 19:28:22

At 12/3/13 10:38 AM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote: Then there's the soundtrack problem. Spiralmouth split up, so there's no chance of a Twinsanity style soundtrack. And I doubt that a classic style soundtrack would go down well with most musicians, since they'd want to make something flashy and new.

I'm sure they'd have no problem finding people who can make music that'd fit a Crash Bandicoot game.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-07 04:21:13

At 12/3/13 07:28 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 12/3/13 10:38 AM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote: Then there's the soundtrack problem. Spiralmouth split up, so there's no chance of a Twinsanity style soundtrack. And I doubt that a classic style soundtrack would go down well with most musicians, since they'd want to make something flashy and new.
I'm sure they'd have no problem finding people who can make music that'd fit a Crash Bandicoot game.

It really depends. Because most people would try using guitars and heavy metal instruments, probably, and that wouldn't fit the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-08 02:54:29

One of the very coolest things about the game (talking Crash Bandicoot 1, here) was the machinery. Most notably for me, the aggressive Tesla Coils. They are most noticeable in Cortex Power, I think.

And yeah, Dingodile is pretty kickass. I don't like Crash 3 as much though. Getting all the items in it (gems, relics, or whatever) seemed impossible to me.

Crash Bandicoot 2 is my favorite. Hands down.

Seriously love the Miestas zeitgeist....

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-08 09:16:13

At 12/7/13 04:21 AM, Mumbo-Jumbo wrote: It really depends. Because most people would try using guitars and heavy metal instruments, probably, and that wouldn't fit the game.

Yes, but not all.
The way you're talking you're making it sound like everybody would do heavy metal music for games. But there are still plenty of people who'd be able to recreate "retro sounding" music. I mean hell we have a bunch of people on Newgrounds that do 8-bit music. There isn't much stuff that gets more "retro" than that.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-09 12:30:06

The way you're talking you're making it sound like everybody would do heavy metal music for games. But there are still plenty of people who'd be able to recreate "retro sounding" music. I mean hell we have a bunch of people on Newgrounds that do 8-bit music. There isn't much stuff that gets more "retro" than that.

True, but what are the chances of Sony contacting Newgrounds users? They haven't done it in the past.

BBS Signature

Response to Crash Bandicoot fan club. 2013-12-09 12:31:54

At 12/8/13 02:54 AM, Mokevo wrote: One of the very coolest things about the game (talking Crash Bandicoot 1, here) was the machinery. Most notably for me, the aggressive Tesla Coils. They are most noticeable in Cortex Power, I think.

And yeah, Dingodile is pretty kickass. I don't like Crash 3 as much though. Getting all the items in it (gems, relics, or whatever) seemed impossible to me.

Crash Bandicoot 2 is my favorite. Hands down.

I'm not really sure. I haven't got round to playing Crash 3, yet. But I love 2.

Also, the gems and crystals are the same as Crash 2, if a little easier, and you get speed boots after beating Cortex to help get the relics easier.

BBS Signature