00:00
00:00

Nintendo and Sony

470 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Nintendo and Sony 2013-10-16 20:52:09

Let me take you back for a bit. My very first video game console was a Super Nintendo and my first video game was Super Mario World. For a long time I saw that as my favorite video game of all time. I loved it! I also loved playing Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and Mortal Kombat just to name a few. When I turned 6-Years Old, I got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas and Super Mario 64. In 1998 I got Mario Party, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Yoshi's Story, again just to name a few. I loved the Nintendo and I completely shunned the SEGA Genesis.

Then my parents got a Sony PlayStation. This confused me, I went from a life of cartridges... to discs? It was mind blowing. Not only that, games like Resident Evil 2, Parasite Eve, Crash Bandicoot, and Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen were all introduced to me. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen is now my favorite video game of all time! A lot of my memories are wrapped up into these consoles and the games that I mentioned to you. So I have been having these weird thoughts lately.

I have a feeling that the PC market will completely dominate the console market. I could be wrong on this. Remember this is coming from the guy who thought Ocarina of Time was gonna flop. However if dire straits do come... what if Nintendo and Sony... merged.

They thought about it before, because the Super Nintendo was going to have a disk drive and play CD games. Sony were helping them with it. Through a complicated story, Sony took their information and made the Sony PlayStation. Just imagine if they were to merge though. It doesn't seem like a plausibility and you're absolutely right... just imagine what would happen if they were to merge.

This isn't really going anywhere, I mainly just wanted to present that hypothetical to you.

Questions of the Day
1. What do you think would happen if Nintendo and Sony merged their companies together?
2. What games would you like to see come from this merger?
3. How powerful do you think they would be in the video game industry?
4. What name would you call them?
5. Did you see what I did there?

Response to Nintendo and Sony 2013-10-16 21:07:59

Questions of the Day
1. What do you think would happen if Nintendo and Sony merged their companies together?

I think it would be cool. they are a lot like each other. they would prob. dominate. I would call them sotendo.

shadow the hedgehog rules! look at my news page on my profile to see wiki links for the sonic carecters I have looked at. I put new posts regularly.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo and Sony 2013-10-16 23:10:43

At 10/16/13 08:52 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Questions of the Day

They would easily become the biggest game maker in the world, and the Japanese would most likely take over the video game market like they did in the 80's and 90's. The Xbox would still be around, but in far smaller numbers.

I was going to think of some crossovers, but I just can't see that happening considering that Sony and Nintendo have 2 totally different styles of gaming and aesthetics, it would just feel weird. For some franchises like Fire Emblem, maybe they would get a lot more exposure on a PS4 than any of Nintendo's consoles. Above all, the mass amounts of shovelware will soon disappear and wouldn't be tolerated, which isn't a bad thing in that respect.

Nintendo and Sony are mostly opposites when it comes to casual/hardcore gamers, so in theory, they would probably try to build a bridge between the two and cater to them all.

As I said, they would be the most powerful entity in the industry, and would basically have a huge amount of influence between publishers and developers. Most likely though, they will get a lot of hate for this for trying to monopolize the video game industry.

I would think that they would keep their names out of respect, but for shits and giggles, they would probably be called Sonintedo, considering that Sony is a huge conglomerate compared to Nintendo.

Let's not and say we did, shall we?

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Nintendo and Sony 2013-10-16 23:47:32

At 10/16/13 08:52 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Questions of the Day

Sony fanboys and Nintendo fanboys would riot.

A good Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, some awesome Little Big Planet stuff, and some more Nintendo characters taking on a more mature role.

They would probably be the most powerful video game company. I mean two of the most popular video game and console companies merge leaving only Microsoft to develop major consoles.

I have no clue.

Maybe?

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature