00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craftydemoncat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Madness Day and NG Status

13,750 Views | 80 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 14:32:14

If I had the money to travel, I would meet you guys in the office before it closes down.

Seriously.

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 14:41:47

You could rent an office during events...

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:02:42

At 9/11/13 02:44 PM, CrazyRock wrote: awhwhwhw, this is sad news. I've always wanted to visit the Newgrounds office and look around at all the cool stuff and, possibly, talk to all of you guys :(

You will be able to do that in the new office, because the office stuff will be carried over.

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:09:23

At 9/11/13 03:02 PM, kkots wrote:
At 9/11/13 02:44 PM, CrazyRock wrote: awhwhwhw, this is sad news. I've always wanted to visit the Newgrounds office and look around at all the cool stuff and, possibly, talk to all of you guys :(
You will be able to do that in the new office, because the office stuff will be carried over.

This is also an excellent point. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:09:53

NG is like the scrappy survivor that won't die easily, even if things get rough. You guys are like the cockroach of the internet. XD

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:14:52

At 9/11/13 01:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: I want to rewind things back to the whole "NG Haus" concept. Moving to a house would bring us lower property taxes, lower utility expenses, lower maintenance expenses, etc... Better for the long-term NG.

Oooh, is that your house on the beach idea? I'd definitely have to visit then. OuO

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:16:14

At 9/11/13 02:30 PM, deathink wrote: Welp, I guess I am going t have to take another trip down to Philly pretty soon. SLUMBER PARTY AT NG HQ!!!

My biggest regret is that I never did the gallery night stuff... I wanted to do indie game galleries, NG artist showings, animation filmfests... Having the office made me discover how unmotivated I am to organize large public events. It probably didn't help that business was trending downwards even when we finished the downstairs space, though. And really, all these things can still be done in other gallery spaces down the road. Other venues would likely spread awareness better, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:17:00

At 9/11/13 03:09 PM, Kajenx wrote: NG is like the scrappy survivor that won't die easily, even if things get rough. You guys are like the cockroach of the internet. XD

Admittedly I use cockroach a lot to describe NG. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:18:04

At 9/11/13 03:14 PM, Kajenx wrote: Oooh, is that your house on the beach idea? I'd definitely have to visit then. OuO

The beach would be so awesome but people have homes and families now so it would stay around here. I plan to buy outside of our township though because our property tax is the highest in the area and we have a business privilege tax too.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:34:05

I really wanted to plan to come by the office again .... guess I'm gonna have to figure that out sooner than later.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:35:00

At 9/11/13 11:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: With the announcement of Madness Day 2013 I'll address the same elephant in the room that came up last year - the prize money keeps getting smaller.

Geez, Tom, STFU. Don't you dare complain or downplay the prize money. The fact is that there's no entry fee to join Newgrounds and there's no entry fee to join Madness Day. So basically, any prizes awarded are based solely upon your generosity, and not something that is owed to anyone.

If you charged a registration fee and put 10% of the money into a pool for the winner, then we could complain about the percentage. But that's not the case. For people who put in nothing but creativity, getting any prize at all should be considered a blessing. (...for the most part, do Madness Flashes count as creativity...? <_<) After all, the awards could be icons like the Daily Top 5, which recognize an achievement, but cost nothing.

Thank you for being generous for all these years. Don't knock it, Tom. :)

1) We replaced expensive stuff.
2) We are about to replace more expensive stuff.
3) We gots bills.
4) We gots healthcare bills.
5) We gots bandwidth bills.
6) We gots hardware bills.

And yet you still give out prizes. Thanks! :D

Special thanks to Brendon for 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.

*Bro-fist*

Not only that, but Newgrounds is running great!

Sweet.

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:48:39

Sounds good Tom. Also September 21st is my Birthday! I get to celebrate my birthday and then Madness Day! Oh Yeah!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 15:52:26

At 9/11/13 03:35 PM, Exedor wrote: After all, the awards could be icons like the Daily Top 5, which recognize an achievement, but cost nothing.

The custom awards system is still pretty high on our todo list, been dying to give people little Pico Day, Annual Tank Trophies, etc. virtually. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:07:02

and if things don't work out, you can always hijack Google's workplace.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:13:41

At 9/11/13 03:52 PM, TomFulp wrote: The custom awards system is still pretty high on our todo list, been dying to give people little Pico Day, Annual Tank Trophies, etc. virtually. :)

Have you considered the possibility of having it so the people who win the Tank Awards and whatnot have a special thing for in the forums?

i know, i worded that weird....i'll try to explain

Like the people who went and bought that Supporter badge thing. They have a red star and it says "Supporter". I was going to suggest having it so the people who won whatever trophy for that stuff get like a gold (doesn't have to be gold) star and it says what they won.
For example: deathink won User of the Year for 2012. Along with saying Moderator it would also say "User of the Year '12" below it, and his star would change color and it would stay like that for the remainder of the year til the next User of the Year is picked. And then so on and so forth and would also go to the people who won for Game of the Year, Movie of the Year, and Musician of the Year.
Granted I don't know how that'd work out if the game and/or movie were each a collaborative effort....

It's a weird(ish) suggestion, I know. But I felt like suggesting it anyways to see what you'd think.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:36:31

At 9/11/13 04:10 PM, deckheadtottie wrote: Sponsorship:
Wasn't it about this time last year that sponsorship was introduced? I'm fairly sure I'm meant to renew sometime soon, but I can't honestly remember when.

On that note, we should really email people when their supporter upgrades are running out!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:48:20

Now please let us now when the MD2013 loader and banner will be ready!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:55:46

Awesome news!

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 16:58:50

At 9/11/13 04:48 PM, Crazymonkey154 wrote: Now please let us now when the MD2013 loader and banner will be ready

Don't worry, it will come before next sunday...

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 18:02:26

good news, keep some of that savings to give bonuses to the awesome NG team :) and maybe a bit for a cool game like hmmm, Intruder Combat 2 Q12014:)

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 18:17:19

Does this mean we can have forum upgrades?

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 18:18:02

At 9/11/13 03:52 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/11/13 03:35 PM, Exedor wrote: After all, the awards could be icons like the Daily Top 5, which recognize an achievement, but cost nothing.
The custom awards system is still pretty high on our todo list, been dying to give people little Pico Day, Annual Tank Trophies, etc. virtually. :)

When this happens, it'd be cool if you could retroactively go back and give awards to all the winners of the past 10+ years too. If that'd be too time-comsuming, maybe get some special mods to go through all the old lists and do it. I'd be willing to help out with that if needed/possible. Just a thought.

ALSO was the bug that only gave the daily trophy to the owner of the submission ever fixed? I know a few members of a certain Game Jam 7 team that would probably like to get their share of "my" 1st place trophy.

You guys do great work and make really good decisions for the site, keep it up!

:)

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 19:49:07

I read on the internet that Pico Day is going to become a travelling convention now... like the super bowl of newgrounds.

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 19:49:52

At 9/11/13 07:49 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: I read on the internet that Pico Day is going to become a travelling convention now... like the super bowl of newgrounds.

Granted I had to write that to read it on the internet, but the statement is now 100% true!

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 21:22:47

At 9/11/13 02:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: They would need to outpace the ongoing building expenses though.

The one good thing to come out of this.. sleepovers?

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 21:41:00

Not even gonna lie, I couldn't give less of a shit about Madness anything.

Good news, though!

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 21:43:54

(not the office part)
(last double post I swear guys)

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 22:29:19

Making a binary sword for madness day!!!
not drawn, but handcrafted with wood!!

Gonna open my bar on Glenside!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-11 22:47:39

At 9/11/13 11:10 AM, TomFulp wrote: Stuff

So how bout' that User Base, ey Tom?

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Madness Day and NG Status 2013-09-12 03:24:22

Sounds like fun!

BBS Signature