00:00
00:00

N G A D M '13: Round 3

10,197 Views | 166 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-13 23:51:26


At 9/13/13 11:44 PM, headphoamz wrote: *wipes brow*

Two world entries in a row!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/549790?updated=1

though I think I took it in a totally different direction.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 00:20:34


Sorry for the 25~ minutes late. My computer really couldn't handle this - rendering was a major issue.


BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 00:28:31


Considering the extended deadline for garlagan, the only person that didn't submit was ForgottenDawn.

Why is it that there's always ONE person that doesn't submit...

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 00:44:30


At 9/14/13 12:28 AM, camoshark wrote: Considering the extended deadline for garlagan, the only person that didn't submit was ForgottenDawn.

Why is it that there's always ONE person that doesn't submit...

Is he out of time?

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 02:42:30


Just putting this out there... some will maybe possibly have noticed that I haven't done my Round 2 reviews yet... I will do them, I swearz...

Just a lot of shit going on with work right now... I'm actually working out terms of me staying right now... so... massive stress.

They will come, I swear.


Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 03:40:03


At 9/14/13 02:42 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: some will have noticed that I haven't done my Round 2 reviews yet. I will do them, I swearz.
Just a lot of shit going on with work right now.
They will come, I swear.

Just like my submission - a wee bit late...

Over look this Oh bountiful sugar daddy.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 06:29:29


At 9/14/13 12:28 AM, camoshark wrote: Considering the extended deadline for garlagan, the only person that didn't submit was ForgottenDawn.

Why is it that there's always ONE person that doesn't submit...

Sorry guys, I've been loaded with work to do and in the end I didn't manage to get a decent tune for the contest, oh well.

Congratz to everyone who made it so far, this has been fun. See you around.


loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 06:49:43


Excellent turnout. We'll allow @InvisibleObserver's submission through because rendering is hardly part of the music-making process and demands a bit of leniency. @ForgottenDawn shame you couldn't submit, good luck with all that work. @garlagan don't forget your deadline of the 16th!

The judges will be hard at work judging each submission of yours so sit tight and look forward to the 18th. Some of the judges are a little late in posting their reviews due to busy schedules but rest assured they will be posted eventually!

Also, inspired by Blackhole12, I made a Round 3 playlist! Enjoy.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 07:48:27


At 9/14/13 06:49 AM, Step wrote: Excellent turnout. We'll allow @InvisibleObserver's submission through because rendering is hardly part of the music-making process and demands a bit of leniency. @ForgottenDawn shame you couldn't submit, good luck with all that work. @garlagan don't forget your deadline of the 16th!

The judges will be hard at work judging each submission of yours so sit tight and look forward to the 18th. Some of the judges are a little late in posting their reviews due to busy schedules but rest assured they will be posted eventually!

Also, inspired by Blackhole12, I made a Round 3 playlist! Enjoy.

If you're in need of supporting judges just let me know either here or via Skype, I could drop some reviews. And thank you, well, I think it's already a victory to have been part of the top 16 of NG musicians this year, so I'm glad for the opportunity that has been granted to me. Good luck, everyone


loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 08:23:11


At 9/14/13 07:48 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote:

:And thank you, well, I think it's already a victory to have been part of the top 16 of NG musicians this year, so I'm glad for the opportunity that has been granted to me.

Oh wow I just realised there really is only 16 participants this round!! Seemed like more... that's crazy.


BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 08:58:31


At 9/14/13 06:29 AM, ForgottenDawn wrote:
At 9/14/13 12:28 AM, camoshark wrote: Considering the extended deadline for garlagan, the only person that didn't submit was ForgottenDawn.

Why is it that there's always ONE person that doesn't submit...
Sorry guys, I've been loaded with work to do and in the end I didn't manage to get a decent tune for the contest, oh well.

Congratz to everyone who made it so far, this has been fun. See you around.

whaaaaat......And I was looking forward to our match up... Oh well.. I guess the goddess fortuna favors me once more

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 09:54:48


At 9/14/13 08:23 AM, etherealwinds wrote: Oh wow I just realised there really is only 16 participants this round!! Seemed like more... that's crazy.

Indeed it is.

At 9/14/13 08:58 AM, steampianist wrote: whaaaaat......And I was looking forward to our match up... Oh well.. I guess the goddess fortuna favors me once more

Good luck in the next round, you deserve it. :) I think I should tell you by now: I was going to make a chiptune for my round 3 entry, considering I'm still learning how to use Famitracker and in fact I was making some mild progress. But in the end it was subpar compared to what I've done so far in my own channel and time just flied by among all the work that has been done plus recent happenings, so there you go. Now I'm just simply a little bit more relaxed and I'm pretty confident about what I've learned from this experience. Nothing has been wasted, absolutely.


loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 12:48:16


Reviewed four random submissions so far. I've given a score over 9 to each one.

You all suck, making me look like an overly nice judge. Make more mistakes, please.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 12:53:50


Why is it that there's always ONE person that doesn't submit...

Yeah, @ForgottenDawn's stuff is really fantastic so I'm a little disappointed. He always has really lovely atmospheric pieces.

On a side note, good gravy, this is an amazing round. I'm listening to the playlist while playing Bioshock Infinite and let me tell you... It makes everything ten times more mind-blowing. Still gotta write up responses and reviews but right now I'm just in the stage of enjoying the hell out of everything. Kick-ass.

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 14:16:37


At 9/14/13 12:48 PM, Step wrote: Reviewed four random submissions so far. I've given a score over 9 to each one.

You all suck, making me look like an overly nice judge. Make more mistakes, please.

Or just review my piece.


BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 16:00:55


At 9/14/13 06:49 AM, Step wrote: Also, inspired by Blackhole12, I made a Round 3 playlist! Enjoy.

Darn it! I kept on being near the end on Blackhole12's playlist because he would do it from latest posted to earliest posted. So I decided to post last, and then Blackhole doesn't make a list and Step puts me at the end anyways.


Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 17:22:40


At 9/14/13 04:00 PM, johnfn wrote: Darn it! I kept on being near the end on Blackhole12's playlist because he would do it from latest posted to earliest posted. So I decided to post last, and then Blackhole doesn't make a list and Step puts me at the end anyways.

Why? Because fuck you that's why.

Bribes regarding your position on the playlist are always accepted you know c:

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-14 23:49:35


@ForgottenDawn thanks man. You had a good run! your tracks and participation will not be..... Forgotten.............

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-16 13:13:27


At 9/14/13 06:49 AM, Step wrote: @garlagan don't forget your deadline of the 16th!

i've got till 23:59 right?
i'm making some final touches. i really don't wanna lose twice lol


123456789

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-16 13:24:07


At 9/16/13 01:13 PM, garlagan wrote: i've got till 23:59 right?
i'm making some final touches. i really don't wanna lose twice lol

Yup, you've got like 10 hours and a half left.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-16 15:46:52


At 9/16/13 01:24 PM, Step wrote: Yup, you've got like 10 hours and a half left.

I can't believe i didn't need them. Finally i could work for more than one day on a track. CHEERS EVERYONE


123456789

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-16 17:56:23


k, time to start judging


Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-16 18:22:07


Man - the quality of all of the tracks is just impressive. Its an honour to be here with you guys :D I find it especially cool that the genres and styles are so different ... awesome!


BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 00:42:40


Judgement day.


BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 01:34:33


At 9/18/13 12:42 AM, SourJovis wrote: Judgement day.

O: The Anxiety builds.


I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 09:55:45


results up when i wake up tomorrow morning, kgo


p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 13:42:43


this is the hardest part.. waiting and everything seems silent

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 13:45:51


tumbleweed rolls by


Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 13:50:15


tumbleweed is also nervous


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '13: Round 3 2013-09-18 14:07:40


At 9/18/13 01:42 PM, steampianist wrote: this is the hardest part.. waiting and everything seems silent

BREAKING NEWS

In a somewhat surprising turn of events, our maximum security vault on the lost island of Atlantis has been raided by an oddly dressed team led by Leonardo Di Caprio. Our security teams pursued the rogues up to the point where they vanished into...yep, you guessed it, a dream.

Turns out Leo and his merry band of thieves are now three dreams deep with all our scores, where they plan to use them to ransom an oscar for Di Caprio, although why they think this will work is beyond us. The elite force of judges is now preparing to enter the dreamscape in pursuit, where we shall do battle in the wild and fantastical lands of mayhem that reside in the brain.

Wish us luck.