00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say

2,448 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 05:30:26

Anybody who disagrees can go fuck themselfs, GTA:SA is the best game ever made! Out of all the gta's this is the one i played and loved the most. It was so ahead of the curve! the next game i know of which offered customisation (im talkin cars, tattoos, clothes and all that good shit) close to San Andreas was Saints Row. A rip off but an entertaining one with that. even today not many games are as good, but back in its day it raised the bar of what a game was capable of! its a historic peice of work that pushed gaming in the right direction and THAT is why its the best game ever! EVER!! nearly a decade after its release i could still play and find something ive never seen before.
Two players, A minigun and A motercycle. I remember the good old days.

ever wanted to ask god why he made us, when you die, who made him? iGod, Repenting made easy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 06:09:29

Dark Cloud

filler text

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 08:07:26

FFVII for RPG
Mass effect for shooter
Assassins Creed for adventure

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 09:56:45

Final Fantasy IX, Fallout, Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, Maximo, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil 1 and 4 are all simultaneously the best game of all time.

At 7/17/13 08:07 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Assassins Creed for adventure

u wot

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 10:20:33

In my opinion, there isn't no such thing as a "best game".
Any game that is fun is good enough with me.

Inhale

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 11:07:19

Tales of Symphonia.

Play it and you will know why :)

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-17 12:19:23

Thread title "The Best game Ever! Have Ur Say" well okay, I'll check that out, see what people think, have an intelligent conversation.

At 7/17/13 05:30 AM, megabad wrote: Anybody who disagrees can go fuck themselfs

Oh. Fuck you.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 05:32:49

Anybody ever play Runescape? i spent hundreds of hours of that! its addictive but not really that fun unless you have quests to do. Good game, BIG game.

ever wanted to ask god why he made us, when you die, who made him? iGod, Repenting made easy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 06:10:11

At 7/17/13 08:02 AM, Shade wrote: Superman 64; it has a great plot, thrilling gameplay and magnificent graphics.

10/10

This man has said it all, gentlemen.

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 07:50:47

Anybody who disagrees can go fuck themselfs, Duke Nukem Forever is the best game ever made! Out of all the Dukes this is the one i played and loved the most. It was so ahead of the curve! the next game i know of which offered amazing gameplay (i'm talking le babes, le poopy and epic humour omg) close to Forever was Postal 3. A rip off but an entertaining one with that. even today not many games are as good, but back in its day it raised the bar of what a game was capable of! its a historic peice of work that pushed gaming in the right direction and THAT is why its the best game ever! EVER!! only two years after its release i could still play and find something ive never seen before.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 08:02:22

GTA 5 is going to be amazing.

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 08:40:28

As Jim Sterling said (or at least similarly said). There is no best game, only best games.

But any way, the best game I've come across is Batman Arkham City, mostly because it does almost everything right. It is however not my absolute favorite game (that place goes to Starcraft), I just have a hard time finding problems with it that would qualify it for anything less than "best game overall".

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 19:30:59

system shock 2 because i am absolutely shit at deus ex

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 19:45:29

Fallout 2, Killap is killing me though, that last update on his RP is taking forever...

Fallout 2, huge world, dark humor, satisfying choices that really make a difference, fun to actually talk your way out of trouble.

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 19:59:53

San Andreas was good, but I'd rather Play Saints Row the Third.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-18 21:18:06

At 7/18/13 09:09 PM, Crink wrote: how can u be shit at desu exu but good at system shock 2. that shit dont compute

had a better feel for dark engine controls over unreal engine 1
kept running out of disposable items
stealth didn't have clear indicators to how noticeable you were (plus i'd understand if dropping an assault rifle on a metal grate would make a lot of noise but it makes the same tap sound that a bag of chips makes when you drop and regardless of which one you drop, the enemies know your exact location regardless if they're in the same room as you but this is more a thief comparison)
route that fitted my play style never felt very clear
system shock 2 is more hub based with a clear objective
if i can also throw in an actual jab at deus ex versus system shock 2, the voice acting wasn't laughably bad

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-21 12:25:55

At 7/18/13 09:18 PM, Natick wrote: stealth didn't have clear indicators to how noticeable you were (plus i'd understand if dropping an assault rifle on a metal grate would make a lot of noise but it makes the same tap sound that a bag of chips makes when you drop and regardless of which one you drop, the enemies know your exact location regardless if they're in the same room as you but this is more a thief comparison)
route that fitted my play style never felt very clear
system shock 2 is more hub based with a clear objective
if i can also throw in an actual jab at deus ex versus system shock 2, the voice acting wasn't laughable

If you want a stealth game then you need to play the metal gear solid series. Its practically its own genre! I once dressed up in a cardbord box for Halloween in honor of that game:)

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-21 13:59:31

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Need I say more?

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-22 09:21:05

Gladius for RPG.
Soul Calibur 2 for fighting.
Crash Bandicoot series for platform.
Red Dead Redemption for everything else.

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 00:50:36

E.T. for the Atari 2600

Still holds up to this day

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 00:52:47

E.T. for the Atari 2600

Still holds up to this day

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 02:10:27

Half life 2

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 07:44:40

Anybody who disagrees can go fuck themselfs, Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best game ever made! Out of all the Mario games this is the one i played and loved the most. It was so ahead of the curve! the next game i know of which offered customisation (im talkin Tanooki suits, raccoon tails, warping flutes, fireflowers and all that good shit) close to Mario Bros. was Donkey Kong Country. A rip off but an entertaining one with that. even today not many games are as good, but back in its day it raised the bar of what a game was capable of! its a historic peice of work that pushed gaming in the right direction and THAT is why its the best game ever! EVER!! nearly a decade after its release i could still play and find something ive never seen before.
Two players, A P-Wing and A 6 pack of beer. I remember the good old days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 08:40:06

Persona 3 portable.

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 09:38:00

Rayman 3, Jak and Ratchet can go fuck themselves, this is where it's at!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 14:17:11

At 7/17/13 08:02 AM, Shade wrote: Superman 64

Well played sir, well played.

For modern game, my favorites'd have to be Half-Life 2, Killer7 and ICO.
If we're looking a bit further back in time, everything made by Rareware before they were sold to Microsoft simply blew me - and many others - away. Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie... At the time, that was a new benchmark for gaming to me, still is. :)

The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 14:27:48

Top 3:
Duke Nukem 3D
Fallout 3
Super Mario World

Best shooter, best RPG, best platformer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-23 14:31:53

At 7/22/13 03:47 PM, ManDeep wrote:
At 7/18/13 07:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: San Andreas was good, but I'd rather Play Saints Row the Third.
Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Yes, it's better than San Andreas. Problem?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-24 17:41:21

At 7/23/13 03:38 PM, MrPercie wrote:
At 7/18/13 08:02 AM, argile wrote: GTA 5 is going to be amazing.
amazing as it may be, we all said the same for GTA 4....

but GTA 5 is taking longer to develop

BBS Signature

Response to The Best Game Ever! Have Ur Say 2013-07-24 17:47:36

Super Castlevania IV

"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall."- Che Guevera

BBS Signature