00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musicians/Compose rs! Help?

1,586 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-07 11:37:52

Hey there! I'm creating a Hetalia fangame (2D, RPG horro), and I've had some good luck getting sprinters, artists, and programmers for my game--music, on the other hand, has been lacking in originality, as the most we can do is used instrumentals of licensed music (note: this is a nonprofit project, so that would be acceptable).

So I came here, hoping that there might be a few composers who can strike up an original tune or two to help our project along. Knowledge of the original anime is not at all needed; just an instrument (preferably piano or guitar) or a software that can be used to create music and a means of good sound quality.

If anyone wants to help us out with this project, please do say to. I'll give you some information on the game (or if you don't want that, just some information on the music we need, which isn't at all difficult). Thank you!

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-07 15:11:20

Here is an example of something horror-ish. Let me know if you are interested in some original music from me.

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-09 20:16:37

At 7/7/13 03:11 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: Here is an example of something horror-ish. Let me know if you are interested in some original music from me.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/412946

This is absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't place it directly in the horror category, but it's wonderful nevertheless. What we're looking for mainly is some horror, mainly character themes.

I'll PM you about the project when I have some time. Is that alright?

Thanks!

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-09 20:21:50

At 7/7/13 02:48 PM, Bspendlove wrote: Check out some of composition works on soundcloud. If you are interested then give me a pm or message brandon-spendlove@hotmail.co.uk. :)

I've looked at what you've uploaded, and I have to say all your works that I've seen so far are beautiful.
I have a question, though: are you thinking of making profit from this project? Because we're making no money off of this game (nonprofit, for Hetalia fans' enjoyment only. No payment). If you're alright with this.

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-09 23:24:52

At 7/9/13 08:16 PM, GermanyXitaly1000 wrote: This is absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't place it directly in the horror category, but it's wonderful nevertheless. What we're looking for mainly is some horror, mainly character themes.

I'll PM you about the project when I have some time. Is that alright?

Thanks!

I should be able to do some horror as well. Let me know when the ball gets rolling! :)

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-10 00:14:49

If anyone wants to help us out with this project, please do say to. I'll give you some information on the game (or if you don't want that, just some information on the music we need, which isn't at all difficult). Thank you!

You mentioned guitar based? Maybe something like this could help:

Pop Punk blended with Dance Rock, Garage Rock and New Wave.

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-15 20:05:26

At 7/11/13 02:23 AM, Bspendlove wrote:
At 7/9/13 08:21 PM, GermanyXitaly1000 wrote: I've looked at what you've uploaded, and I have to say all your works that I've seen so far are beautiful.
I have a question, though: are you thinking of making profit from this project? Because we're making no money off of this game (nonprofit, for Hetalia fans' enjoyment only. No payment). If you're alright with this.
Thanks mate! A lot of projects lately I have been doing for free. (I don't really moan about not getting money because I need much more experience until I start asking for money), so the only thing I really want is the experience and credit for the music.

Glad to hear that! Your music is wonderful, so I'm amazed to see that you don't take pay for it! Well, I'll PM you the information when I have some free time, is that alright?

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-15 20:07:53

At 7/10/13 12:14 AM, SpinWires wrote:

You mentioned guitar based? Maybe something like this could help:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/532020

I was looking for something along the lines of this, actually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Jj99JPILs
But thanks, anyways! :D

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-15 20:27:25

At 7/15/13 08:07 PM, GermanyXitaly1000 wrote: I was looking for something along the lines of this, actually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Jj99JPILs

This song brings about sadness, sorrow, peace, and olden times....but I'm confused you said you were looking for horror....? I relate horror to edgy, scary, terrifying, evil, unknown, etc....

If you could more accurately describe what you're looking for with more examples of music and emotions you are trying to evoke that would help us all show you work you could use.

Also, you originally mentioned getting original music for this game. Does that mean you are looking for someone to compose a song specifically for it? Cuz that would be more of a challenge to find then finding non exclusive music here which if you arent going commercial you could certainly use.

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-16 15:02:44

At 7/15/13 08:27 PM, Breed wrote:
At 7/15/13 08:07 PM, GermanyXitaly1000 wrote: I was looking for something along the lines of this, actually: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Jj99JPILs
This song brings about sadness, sorrow, peace, and olden times....but I'm confused you said you were looking for horror....? I relate horror to edgy, scary, terrifying, evil, unknown, etc....

If you could more accurately describe what you're looking for with more examples of music and emotions you are trying to evoke that would help us all show you work you could use.

Also, you originally mentioned getting original music for this game. Does that mean you are looking for someone to compose a song specifically for it? Cuz that would be more of a challenge to find then finding non exclusive music here which if you arent going commercial you could certainly use.

I'll mentioned that I was searching for character themes as well as horror, something to use in nostalgic and saddening moments as well. As of now, I've acquired several musicians already, so I think we'll be fine. Thank you, though.

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-17 07:06:34

You should check out my website. We would be happy to compose something for you for free

www.fuzzybeardproductions.co.uk

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-26 00:20:27

check out my music, i would love to be able to contribute to your project

https://soundcloud.com/sy213

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-26 00:37:49

Hi,
My name is Farouk Mallah and i'm a Composer, arranger and producer from the Middle-East Lebanon. I own a Digital Recording Studio in my home town, i would like you to take a listen to my music samples on this link:
My Portfolio

notice this is not my full portfolio, these are just few online samples for you to have a listen, you got the idea :)

If you like my music, please let me know and i'll work with you, and you pay me CREDITS! .. Absolutely free of charge no money :)
Best regards,

Farouk Mallah.

Musicians/Compose rs! Help?

Cubase 5, Ableton Live 9, Digidesign 003 Rack, KRK VXT8

AKG Perception

32 Gb RAM Core i5, Windows 7

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-27 08:29:08

This theme is more 100% horror ambience(hence the name lol). Gives you more Slender-man vibes.
Hope it helps

Response to Musicians/Compose rs! Help? 2013-07-28 20:19:41

Here is a sample of what exists. Please pardon the sound, it should not even be sounding like that but much better than it sounds, I attempted to upload the remaster, successfully even, but then at publication it spits it back to the original file.