00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

FOLLOW FRIDAY!!!

16,066 Views | 39 Replies
Respond to this Topic

FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 10:38:26

It's Follow Friday!

This week we saw two Art Portal regulars break out with two amazing movies.

To keep tabs, be sure to follow Trez-Treize and adriento. Just click the HEART on the top right of their pages.

Nutcasenightmare introduced the Open Bundle, a new concept to help artists get paid while simultaneously releasing game art assets to the public domain. Everything Nutcasenightmare makes is gold, he's pretty much a genius and you should never miss anything he posts or releases.

We also got a new game from Mateusz-Skutnik, his first release since late 2012!

molkman and MajusArts have been doing an amazing job with creating one game a month this year. Their latest is "A Second Chance."

You should definitely follow them since it guarantees a new game in your feed each month for the rest of the year.

Gregzilla14 made a clever movie trailer out of various Game Grumps audio clips. He's planning to make more Game Grumps stuff (sans JonTron) but also some original material so follow him for both!

Nitrome released another great game this week. All of their games are clever and interesting and they are breaking into mobile as well. Please follow them and buy their mobile games!

The featured art on Draw with Jazza this week was by No-B-Only-Zuul. He's totally new on NG so follow him to see what he does next!

sandordude released a cool song...

So did dj-Jo:

And RealFaction:

Soak it all up and follow the ones you like!

Also if you're on Tumblr, Follow the NG Tumblr.

If you're on Reddit, Follow the NG subreddit.

You can keep tabs on NG even when you aren't on NG!

Oh BTW, yesterday was Asandir's birthday so you should follow him too.

Best of 2011 and 2012 are being announced in July.

FOLLOW FRIDAY!!!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 11:00:09

But... today's my birthday Tom... where's the love at!?

hahahah, it was really cool to see another game by Mateuz, his games are always amazing!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 11:12:43

At 6/28/13 10:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: stuff

Embedded NG Audio Player on the forums? Since when?

or maybe I'm just slow

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 11:27:39

At 6/28/13 11:12 AM, Mattster wrote: Embedded NG Audio Player on the forums? Since when?
or maybe I'm just slow

That's actually been around for a while now. :)

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 11:35:47

omg who cares about asandir

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 12:22:58

Also, it's my birthday today so you should all follow me.

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 12:39:59

At 6/28/13 11:27 AM, TomFulp wrote: That's actually been around for a while now. :)

Ah, I never click on the art, I always hit either the link or open in a new tab. IT'S NEW TO ME :D

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 12:54:40

That's very great Tom!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 13:25:08

Great work this week, was glad to vote on these while they were under judgement :)

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 14:49:28

Nutcasenightmare is a genius, wonder why I'm not already following him...

@metraff @NG_Artists Support Newgrounds Classifieds: commission animation

"Metraff I'm going to fuck you." - Sodamachine

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 14:50:05

Maybe we could have screenshot saturday too where you post what you're working on.

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 14:59:53

At 6/28/13 10:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: You should definitely follow them since it guarantees a new game in your feed each month for the rest of the year.

Okay, I will.

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 15:15:30

At 6/28/13 02:50 PM, MSGhero wrote: Maybe we could have screenshot saturday too where you post what you're working on.

That would be fun HMMMMM

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 15:23:38

At 6/28/13 03:15 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/28/13 02:50 PM, MSGhero wrote: Maybe we could have screenshot saturday too where you post what you're working on.
That would be fun HMMMMM

It's a good idea, I'm sure plenty would partake. Myself included.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 15:29:38

Thats not a bad idea....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 16:53:42

At 6/28/13 03:29 PM, Viper50 wrote: Thats not a bad idea....

I do it in flash forum from time to time to liven up the lounge, and we give and get some pretty good feedback.

I'd also be ok with WIP Wednesday.

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 16:59:46

At 6/28/13 04:53 PM, MSGhero wrote: I'd also be ok with WIP Wednesday.

That's tempting too...

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 17:05:08

At 6/28/13 10:58 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Gotta get down on Friday.

I will find you... and end you.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 17:07:18

If anyone cares, Asandir's birthday thread is HERE.

Also, Tom, I think you talk about this awesome new episodic point and click horror series called The Last Door. The guys making it are trying to put each episode out free for everyone, but they need funding from their supporters to do it. They're already working on Episode 3, but they could always get a small contribution here and there.

There website is HERE.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 17:35:40

A Second Chance was entertaining, a decent thing to notice pop up in the game section.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 18:14:33

I LOVE ME SOME FOLLOW FRIDAY

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 18:45:12

At 6/28/13 10:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: It's Follow Friday!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620370

Very nice! Didn't expect that this at first cute looking flash would turn out to hold such an interesting statement about our society.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620430

A cat and video game references? Fave ^^

molkman and MajusArts have been doing an amazing job with creating one game a month this year. Their latest is "A Second Chance."
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620334

I already follow them and it's nice to see another game from them! Was fun to try out different things there, I managed to leave only one of the spacemen on the exploding asteroid and still got the message that everyone survived ^^

Gregzilla14 made a clever movie trailer out of various Game Grumps audio clips. He's planning to make more Game Grumps stuff (sans JonTron) but also some original material so follow him for both!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620252

That was awesome! At parts I felt that it foreshadowed JonTron leaving GameGrumps D:

Nitrome released another great game this week. All of their games are clever and interesting and they are breaking into mobile as well. Please follow them and buy their mobile games!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/620405

I didn't follow them until now despite liking their games, I corrected that error.

Oh BTW, yesterday was Asandir's birthday so you should follow him too.

I will do .... wait! Thank you, Tom :D

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-28 20:10:54

Ah, yeah, then we should add Sodomy Sunday, too...

It'll be like one of those pill things for old people with all the days labelled.

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 01:28:08

At 6/28/13 11:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/28/13 11:12 AM, Mattster wrote: Embedded NG Audio Player on the forums? Since when?
or maybe I'm just slow
That's actually been around for a while now. :)

Tom I like the application of a smiley to this friendly statement. The accepting and nurturing nature of this community is commendable and you are a prime example. You are great at fulfilling the role of the nucleus of Newgrounds

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 05:14:40

At 6/28/13 10:58 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: Gotta get down on Friday.

Fun fun fun

Wakka wakka

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 07:00:21

That open bundle thing doesn't seem like a new concept... They're just selling their junk and saying, "Hey, if you give us enough, we'll let everyone use it!"

Would anyone actually have any use for the source code to :the game:? It's just a guy jumping off a cliff, which isn't very hard to program... And Jimp's art isn't exactly hard to make yourself. No offense or anything guys, I mean your stuff has a nice style, but none of what you're selling seems like it would be very useful. I feel kinda bad for Stratkat if he's really releasing 2 full albums. He seems like he has a lot to lose. Of course, looking at his profile, it's all on Newgrounds already. ^^

Well good luck anyway. It's always a good thing when artists can get paid for what they're doing.

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 07:21:01

By the way, I'm not sure when you guys added quality options, but I've been meaning to put a large sloppy thank you out there for it. I can actually watch the videos now! :D

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 11:13:27

sorry to intrude again, but i wanted to clarify that irregardless of the fact that we probably don't need extra candy-coated theme days...I think Follow Friday is really cool.

I would never know about some of this cool stuff by cool new people otherwise, it also gets people talking and it keeps the atmosphere hip in a way...like on Cable Networks that do the same thing...you know, like "MONSTER MADNESS MONDAYS". Or theaters that do "Midnite Movie Madness".

And again, sorry to detract, but I think a screenshot day, or a WIP Day...would be kind of a drag if it was every week.

Now, Sodomy Sundays would be different you see...

*citation needed

BBS Signature

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 11:42:08

At 6/29/13 11:13 AM, PoisonHeart wrote: irregardless

oh and i have something in the works. eh. see you july 10th

HI HOW ARE YOU?

Response to FOLLOW FRIDAY!!! 2013-06-29 14:01:34

At 6/29/13 11:13 AM, PoisonHeart wrote: And again, sorry to detract, but I think a screenshot day, or a WIP Day...would be kind of a drag if it was every week.

Haters gonna hate. But yeah, once a week is too much, there would be a lot of people reposting almost the same thing as the last week.