00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art

755 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi everyone. I've been drawing on and off (mostly off) my entire life, and only very recently started using a tablet. My life goal is to one day become a concept artist, so I'm currently on that long path of improving to the point where I can start making that a reality.

So please, feel free to criticize it. That's why I'm posting this thread.

This first drawing is also my first digital drawing ever. It's of Kid Buu from the show Dragonball Z, one of my favorites since I was little.

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-06-06 01:45:50

This is the totem pole section I drew for the Totem Collab thread which can be found here.

I just really liked how it came out for some reason, so I'm posting it here.

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-06-06 01:46:54

This was originally meant to be nothing more than a shading and hair practice. Somehow or another it slowly became Samus Aran until I finally just decided to make it her.

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-05 01:39:30

Wow, totally forgot I had an art thread. Well, I'll try to keep it rolling.

Here's a paper drawing I just drew. I recently bought an ink liner and some copic markers, so I wanted to try them out.

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-05 01:42:58

And here's the first attempt at coloring using those markers I mentioned. A lot harder than I thought it would be. Gonna need a lot of practice to not have it look so sloppy. Digital coloring has spoiled me :P

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-05 04:54:17

Not bad. Your lineart ist very clean, which is a good.
I'd, however, recommend you to take a look into real anatomy, especialy the skeletal structure.
For example, the heads seem to be rather unshaped, which may come from a lack of understanding of the skulls shape.
Also, be a bit more bold with the shading. Most of it is left in the safe "not too dark" reaches and makes most of the objects look flat. Don't be afraid of realy going all the way to really dark and saturate shades and shadows.

But for your very first digital drawings, they are definetly better than my first attempts. Keep practicing ;)

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-05 18:54:55

At 8/5/13 04:54 AM, BazookaBonsai wrote: Not bad. Your lineart ist very clean, which is a good.
I'd, however, recommend you to take a look into real anatomy, especialy the skeletal structure.
For example, the heads seem to be rather unshaped, which may come from a lack of understanding of the skulls shape.
Also, be a bit more bold with the shading. Most of it is left in the safe "not too dark" reaches and makes most of the objects look flat. Don't be afraid of realy going all the way to really dark and saturate shades and shadows.

But for your very first digital drawings, they are definetly better than my first attempts. Keep practicing ;)

Thanks for the feedback, man! I'll try to be a lot more bold with my shading next time I do a digital. I actually haven't been doing much digitally lately. I probably should get back into that lol. For now I'm trying to get used to coloring with markers. I actually just colored the above one, not great, but it's a start.

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-06 07:00:22

At 8/5/13 06:54 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote:
At 8/5/13 04:54 AM, BazookaBonsai wrote: Not bad. Your lineart ist very clean, which is a good.

Thanks for the feedback, man! I'll try to be a lot more bold with my shading next time I do a digital. I actually haven't been doing much digitally lately. I probably should get back into that lol. For now I'm trying to get used to coloring with markers. I actually just colored the above one, not great, but it's a start.

Looks pretty good. Try to work more even with markers, so that you don't get these nasty, dark spots. Mind you, I have the same problem with markers and many others do aswell. The lineart is pretty good, however. I like it

---------| You're welcome |----------

Response to Lee's artsy thread of artsy... art 2013-08-17 12:21:09

Just finished this.