00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread

81,208 Views | 1,126 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 00:42:46

These DQs are a real bummer...

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 05:40:12

At 8/6/13 12:07 AM, Teqneek wrote: So, are you saying that the DQ'd person will be faced against the most difficult opponent next year?

That could be unfair to the difficult opponent, especially if the guy they're facing is a dope rapper who was dq'ed the previous year. Something should be done though, and if that's an effective deterrent then word up.

Yeah, I don't want that. I guess we can just keep it at: I am keeping track of DQs, and will be stacking the odds against people who have them in future things.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 06:28:34

It seems like a tough system to work out, because you can't just give people who have DQ stains a lower seeding as that would make it unfair next year.
They certainly should be barred from byes and maybe they should have to do a prelim battle before round 1, against other DQ-fags or something?
Also, are you going to make a distinction between DQs and drop-outs?

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 06:29:42

At 8/6/13 12:42 AM, Vlashxx wrote: These DQs are a real bummer...

A bummer CITY TOWN, YOU MIGHT SAY.

ahiheuhueuheueuhehehehheuhueh

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 13:03:51

At 8/5/13 11:48 PM, BigRed wrote: People with DQs will be automatically placed against the most difficult opponents.

Just my opinion, but: I'm pretty much thinking people who DQ should get 3 strikes before a perma-ban from the entire thing. You don't have to be mean about it or anything, but after the 2nd strike, they should be 100% sure they can and will show up to battle, or they're gone. Given, strikes would be based on whether or not they just disappeared or if they actually had a great excuse.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 13:20:45

At 8/6/13 01:03 PM, MDavidJohnson wrote:

Just my opinion, but: I'm pretty much thinking people who DQ should get 3 strikes before a perma-ban from the entire thing.

3 years of tournament fuckery before any repercussions? That's the lifespan of most of these dudes "careers".

I like the idea that dq guys should face each other in a preliminary round for assholes the following year. And it should be called just that.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-06 13:36:02

At 8/6/13 01:20 PM, Teqneek wrote:
At 8/6/13 01:03 PM, MDavidJohnson wrote:

Just my opinion, but: I'm pretty much thinking people who DQ should get 3 strikes before a perma-ban from the entire thing.
3 years of tournament fuckery before any repercussions? That's the lifespan of most of these dudes "careers".

I like the idea that dq guys should face each other in a preliminary round for assholes the following year. And it should be called just that.

If you're DQ'd, you have to send a $5 check to every emcee in the competition to be allowed to compete the following year.

Or, alternatively, you have to beat Red in a game of rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 02:50:56

This battle and the Teqneek battle are hard to score. Gotta bring out the B.A.R.C.O.D.E. I think Pachillis bodied Vinstigator doe. Gotta pull out of my predictions.
Alright vote you muffin eaters.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 08:32:51

At 8/6/13 10:35 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Yo, i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but you dont know whats going on in their lives and shit. I'm not acting like I know, either. I'm just saying, speaking from experience of having to bow out of tourneys, shit happens.

I'm with you on this, but they could at least say something. It's a little unfair to everybody to just leave them waiting. If you come and say "Yo, I really can't do this now, life etc" then nobody really minds, it's all the being fucked around that gets frustrating, I think.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 09:07:30

At 8/7/13 08:32 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:
At 8/6/13 10:35 PM, KillBillvolume2 wrote: Yo, i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but you dont know whats going on in their lives and shit. I'm not acting like I know, either. I'm just saying, speaking from experience of having to bow out of tourneys, shit happens.
I'm with you on this, but they could at least say something. It's a little unfair to everybody to just leave them waiting. If you come and say "Yo, I really can't do this now, life etc" then nobody really minds, it's all the being fucked around that gets frustrating, I think.

I don't blame suddle for ducking out. He saw who his next opponent was gonna be if he made it past Butsaay, lol

... I called that shit.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 10:31:16

At 8/7/13 08:32 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote:

Small problem with this is that for a lot of dudes there's a great deal of room for uncertainty. Like I have to try and figure out when my brother's in and out to get a recording slot and that can change right at the last minute. I can't even imagine how much uncertainty dudes like Mark have when they've got a family to base recording time around. I don't like the idea of penalising people because life throws a curveball at them.

Also, inb4 vested interest, I got my verse to Red today. Me and Prometheus should be up soon you overly privileged homosexuals.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 11:21:56

At 8/7/13 10:31 AM, AxTekk wrote: Small problem with this is that for a lot of dudes there's a great deal of room for uncertainty. Like I have to try and figure out when my brother's in and out to get a recording slot and that can change right at the last minute. I can't even imagine how much uncertainty dudes like Mark have when they've got a family to base recording time around. I don't like the idea of penalising people because life throws a curveball at them.

Aye, but you should still be able to just drop in and say something, rather than disappearing from the face of the Earth. Sure, sometimes shit happens which doesn't permit you to do this, life > clabtrap and all that, but still, it's just courteous to excuse yourself (also if you don't want people to call you a bitch, you better have an excuse for ducking, no?).

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 11:49:12

At 8/7/13 11:21 AM, NogginmenAnimations wrote: Aye, but you should still be able to just drop in and say something, rather than disappearing from the face of the Earth. Sure, sometimes shit happens which doesn't permit you to do this, life > clabtrap and all that, but still, it's just courteous to excuse yourself (also if you don't want people to call you a bitch, you better have an excuse for ducking, no?).

Yeah, definitely agree but I think whether or not you feel the need to justify yourself to Clab comes solely down to how involved you are in the community. Given that, I think it'd be wrong to penalise people for being more casual about shit and not being massive members of the community side. Agreed on the courtesy thing though, definitely, even if it's just a PM to Red on day 4 that shit just shows that you appreciate the trouble some guys are going to over this.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 12:57:19

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 13:00:48

Aw yeah, so the vinstigator backed out of the rematch with me again, after I sent him my verse.

So there we have it folks, Clabtrap's vagina is Vinstigator. Tom Fulp should be messaged immediately about his name change to 'ThePussyBitch'.

After first only wanting to battle for money, he backed out after realizing that it was going to be his (and my) own on the line (SHOCKING), then, after a while of 'instigating the vinstigator' he finally wanted the rematch again, UNDER HIS OWN TERMS. But alas, after I sent him my first verse I kept asking for him to hurry up and finish his verse since the 3 days passed that normal battles take for a verse (now been 6 days), to which he just said 'BLEGHH I DON'T RESPECT YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF SUDDLED' or something along those retarded lines.

I'm still going to use the track and make a vinstigator diss out of all the verses. Time wasting, fat greasy cunt.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 13:10:19

KillBillvolume2 wrote:

Yo, i dont mean to sound disrespectful, but you dont know whats going on in their lives and shit. I'm not acting like I know, either. I'm just saying, speaking from experience of having to bow out of tourneys, shit happens.

Not sure if this was directed at me, but: That's why I said we some obvious exceptions should be allowed. But if someone just disappears out of thin air, without a trace or even an excuse or anything, then that should be counted as a DQ until further notice. Obviously if something personal in their life happens and is excuse enough, it would be retracted, but if they come back a year later with something like "some shit happened" or "i was finding myself" then those aren't really good enough excuses to just disappear lol. They should at least pass a message or something a long.

AxTekk wrote:

Small problem with this is that for a lot of dudes there's a great deal of room for uncertainty. Like I have to try and figure out when my brother's in and out to get a recording slot and that can change right at the last minute. I can't even imagine how much uncertainty dudes like Mark have when they've got a family to base recording time around. I don't like the idea of penalising people because life throws a curveball at them.

I agree, but to reiterate, exceptions would be allowed. For me, I can record sometimes once a week, if I'm lucky. Hardly ever have time to write or anything anymore, or do any research, so I quit doing the tournaments lol if you know you're own life, and everyone does, you should really know if you have the time or not. If life throws a giant curveball your way, we'll work with you though. Kinda get what I'm sayin? Haha

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 13:25:54

At 8/7/13 11:49 AM, AxTekk wrote: Yeah, definitely agree but I think whether or not you feel the need to justify yourself to Clab comes solely down to how involved you are in the community. Given that, I think it'd be wrong to penalise people for being more casual about shit and not being massive members of the community side. Agreed on the courtesy thing though, definitely, even if it's just a PM to Red on day 4 that shit just shows that you appreciate the trouble some guys are going to over this.

Just saw this, but --- its less about them being more casual and more about them being completely unprofessional. Whether this is a community, or a career, a profession, anything, we still treat it as such. If you're an MC and you enter an official competition of anything, there is a level of professionalism that you must have in-order to even be here. So I don't see much wrong with penalizing unprofessionals, because we're all trying to do something here. This is more than just some quick stop-shop for jokey battles. To some of us, this is a practicing field, and to others, this is a very serious competition.

I know some of you are gonna just be like, hey this is Newgrounds, remmeber that bla bla, etc. But, at what point is this an actual competition or just a bunch of guys in a community getting together to have some fun? At what point do we consider this a real thing and not just something that we do?

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 15:50:12

How bout just stop being a bitch and do your damn verse like you signed up to do; and if there's some unforeseen "curveball", let the competition know about it- instead of just disappearing as foretold in the Teqstrodamus prophecy...

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 17:59:17

At 8/7/13 01:00 PM, Butsaay wrote: Aw yeah, so the vinstigator backed out of the rematch with me again, after I sent him my verse.

So there we have it folks, Clabtrap's vagina is Vinstigator. Tom Fulp should be messaged immediately about his name change to 'ThePussyBitch'.

After first only wanting to battle for money, he backed out after realizing that it was going to be his (and my) own on the line (SHOCKING), then, after a while of 'instigating the vinstigator' he finally wanted the rematch again, UNDER HIS OWN TERMS. But alas, after I sent him my first verse I kept asking for him to hurry up and finish his verse since the 3 days passed that normal battles take for a verse (now been 6 days), to which he just said 'BLEGHH I DON'T RESPECT YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF SUDDLED' or something along those retarded lines.

I'm still going to use the track and make a vinstigator diss out of all the verses. Time wasting, fat greasy cunt.

You can battle me just use all the bars that you were going to use on me its the internet I'll pretend to be fat.

Also clearly Buttsaay you've bodied everyone who takes this shit seriously time to rent a sumo suit and hit the URL main stage. Bumper car Loaded Lux off the stage with fat bars.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 18:57:01

At 8/7/13 05:59 PM, Carefoot wrote:
At 8/7/13 01:00 PM, Butsaay wrote: After first only wanting to battle for money, he backed out after realizing that it was going to be his (and my) own on the line (SHOCKING), then, after a while of 'instigating the vinstigator' he finally wanted the rematch again, UNDER HIS OWN TERMS. But alas, after I sent him my first verse I kept asking for him to hurry up and finish his verse since the 3 days passed that normal battles take for a verse (now been 6 days), to which he just said 'BLEGHH I DON'T RESPECT YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF SUDDLED' or something along those retarded lines.

You can battle me just use all the bars that you were going to use on me its the internet I'll pretend to be fat.

Also clearly Buttsaay you've bodied everyone who takes this shit seriously time to rent a sumo suit and hit the URL main stage. Bumper car Loaded Lux off the stage with fat bars.

Well I'm using the bars I've wrote and then writing more for the rest of the beat to just make a diss track, since he's so frightened of actually battling me. Which will be better anyway cause he would've wasted the beat with his boring, shitty flow and the corniest lyrics ever strung together.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 19:34:47

I'm realizing now that I've trolled everyone with these beats and I'm sorry. I've got a lot to learn about making music.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 20:15:06

At 8/7/13 07:34 PM, DJDureagon wrote: I'm realizing now that I've trolled everyone with these beats and I'm sorry. I've got a lot to learn about making music.

Homie your beats are freaking dope. It's just that the better you get the more room for improvement you see in your own work. What your feeling is just axioms one and three of the Dunning-Kruger effect flipped up: the failure of a competent person to recognise his own competency.

This is good, it makes us push harder right? And don't diss yourself too hard lol because cats like me look up to your standard and really have no hope if you are hopeless.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 20:53:59

Joel Buttford, you should upload my incredible battle already so the whole world can hear it (and my next opponent can use it for research?)

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 21:13:52

At 8/7/13 08:15 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 8/7/13 07:34 PM, DJDureagon wrote: I'm realizing now that I've trolled everyone with these beats and I'm sorry. I've got a lot to learn about making music.
Homie your beats are freaking dope. It's just that the better you get the more room for improvement you see in your own work. What your feeling is just axioms one and three of the Dunning-Kruger effect flipped up: the failure of a competent person to recognise his own competency.

This is good, it makes us push harder right? And don't diss yourself too hard lol because cats like me look up to your standard and really have no hope if you are hopeless.

Thanks tekk. I appreciate the kind words. What i mean though is really from a technical standpoint. Even last year the battles with my beats used sounded muddy and toned down. There is an obvious problem with the way my tunes are mixed and mastered. As someone pointed out the lead samples are too loud and they overpower the vocals and ive always felt they lack depth. There isnt enough "room" in the track for everything so it sounds flat. It's something I struggle with. This isnt the thread to talk about this really, but thanks for the support. Ill definitely get better!

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 21:23:13

At 8/7/13 09:13 PM, DJDureagon wrote: Ill definitely get better!

All I'm saying is I wish I could produce like you.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 23:43:11

At 8/7/13 09:13 PM, DJDureagon wrote:
Ill definitely get better!

I fuggin love your beats. They could be mixed a bit differently for battles, pulling some things down to make room for vocals, but they're always fresh.

Rap Genius
http://rapgenius.com/Clabtrap-fats-vs-eye-cue-lyrics

Check that bad boy out. On that site you can annotate rap lyrics, it's a pretty cool way of dissecting a track. It might be fun to do this in the future, and on the battles you can leave comments on specific words and lines. Use this, annotate some shit, and post your thoughts here!

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-07 23:54:53

At 8/7/13 11:43 PM, BigRed wrote: Rap Genius

Also, this.

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-08 02:45:39

At 8/7/13 11:54 PM, BigRed wrote: Also, this.

Wow way better than the dick sucking one from earlier. CRABTRAP TRAPS CRABS. Holy fuck its like in the big picture I am just in a microcosm...

At 8/7/13 11:43 PM, BigRed wrote:
Ill definitely get better!
I fuggin love your beats. They could be mixed a bit differently for battles, pulling some things down to make room for vocals, but they're always fresh.

Rap Genius

Check that bad boy out. On that site you can annotate rap lyrics, it's a pretty cool way of dissecting a track. It might be fun to do this in the future, and on the battles you can leave comments on specific words and lines. Use this, annotate some shit, and post your thoughts here!

I actually wrote all my shit out but sweet. If rapgenius starts to fuck with rap battle than I might have to step my game up about 1000% as of today.

At 8/7/13 09:23 PM, Vlashxx wrote:

I wish I could produce period.

Thanks tekk. I appreciate the kind words. What i mean though is really from a technical standpoint. Even last year the battles with my beats used sounded muddy and toned down. There is an obvious problem with the way my tunes are mixed and mastered. As someone pointed out the lead samples are too loud and they overpower the vocals and ive always felt they lack depth. There isnt enough "room" in the track for everything so it sounds flat. It's something I struggle with. This isnt the thread to talk about this really, but thanks for the support. Ill definitely get better!

It doesn't help that the quality of newgrounds is really poor. Get into lossless sampling, start giving the sanctified best noise out of any sample you use and you will dominant mate you make a dark evil battle beat. I fuck with it and if you want to do a track for iTunes for some revenue count me in as well as pretty much anyone who knows a beat doesn't fuck around.

At 8/7/13 08:53 PM, Rampant wrote: Joel Buttford, you should upload my incredible battle already so the whole world can hear it (and my next opponent can use it for research?)

Man you already on the descent to paranoia? I just battle to battle now sick of all this pre-writing, ghost writing, and drama. But as long as we're in battle rap its nothing but nonsense with a sprinkle of bullshit.

I don't know any real skills so I think hes just going through some regular life shit. The more you know the more you know you know nothing. The amount there is to learn about music is infinite and you can apply it infinitely. So when it comes down to it I have trolled everyone on here pretending I can rap I know about as much about rap as the next nobody but what I do know is how to be disrespectful as fuck. Hence why I want to be a battler and even though this fuck says he knows nothing about musicality hes heard so many fucking beats that he can kind of balance the scales until it either sounds right or it sounds left.

I love you man. In all honesty I just learned about using a metronome I always though those fucking things just clicked in the back of a piano track.

Alright anyone down for a grudge match? You can tell I can hold a grudge because of my huge laundry list of people I hate: (ie. all of you)

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-08-08 03:05:56

At 8/7/13 09:23 PM, Vlashxx wrote:
I wish I could produce period.

That settles it. Dureagon, you're now in charge of teaching us how to make good beats.