00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread

81,147 Views | 1,126 Replies

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 16:53:47

At 7/19/13 11:13 AM, BigRed wrote:
At 7/19/13 09:22 AM, Teqneek wrote: WHERE'S THE ROUND 2 INFO DAWG?
I got halfway through counting votes last night. I crashed at 3am though. I'm home in a few hours, it will go up then.

Already did that for you. By my count, these are the Round 2 battles:

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 17:07:04

At 7/19/13 04:53 PM, Rampant wrote:
I got halfway through counting votes last night. I crashed at 3am though. I'm home in a few hours, it will go up then.

That didn't really work... here's a PDF file, all pretty-like, for you to focus your eye-holes at: https://app.box.com/s/l0pv2v4zzxmlrrj3fnrm

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 17:13:28

At 7/19/13 04:53 PM, Rampant wrote:

@Wolfie out already?! And holy shit, we get Suddle vs Butsaay as early as round 1... This gonna be a great year guiz

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 17:27:50

At 7/19/13 04:53 PM, Rampant wrote: What the tournament looks like with friendvotes turned on.

FriendVotes: OFF
FriendlyFire: ON
TeqneekFriends: 0

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 18:03:14

At 7/19/13 05:13 PM, AxTekk wrote: @Wolfie out already?! And holy shit, we get Suddle vs Butsaay as early as round 1... This gonna be a great year guiz

I find your surprise insulting, sir. YOU STARTIN' BEEF, BRUH?

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 18:30:04

At 7/19/13 06:03 PM, SonicWombat wrote: I find your surprise insulting, sir. YOU STARTIN' BEEF, BRUH?

BRUH BRUH BRUH BRUHBRUH BRUH>!?

Nah, for real, I'd have been surprised if we lost you too. The first round always sees a lot of great mcs go, just the way of the tourney I guess. You prepping for LJ ok? I haven't even started for Prometheus lol this shit's gonna be interedasting.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 18:36:32

At 7/19/13 06:30 PM, AxTekk wrote: BRUH BRUH BRUH BRUHBRUH BRUH>!?

Nah, for real, I'd have been surprised if we lost you too. The first round always sees a lot of great mcs go, just the way of the tourney I guess. You prepping for LJ ok? I haven't even started for Prometheus lol this shit's gonna be interedasting.

I am so ready to battle this mofo so hard, dude. It's gon' be cray.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 18:44:14

At 7/19/13 06:36 PM, SonicWombat wrote: I am so ready to battle this mofo so hard, dude. It's gon' be cray.

Get 'im!

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 18:59:41

At 7/19/13 04:53 PM, Rampant wrote: Already did that for you. By my count, these are the Round 2 battles:

There are some close battles, I'm checking every user. Almost done.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 19:45:58

After sorting through the votes I have the round 1 results!

WINNER: JAKOBE

WINNER: SONIC

WINNER: LUKE JAMES

WINNER: JAR

WINNER: PROMETHEUS

WINNER: PACHILLIS

WINNER: VINSTIGATOR

WINNER: SUDDLE

WINNER: TEQNEEK

Round 2 Battles
Underlined goes first.

Eye-Cue vs Fats
Luke James vs Sonic
Pachillis vs Vinstigator
Jar
vs Breaker
Butsaay vs suddle
Jakobe
vs Teqneek
Prometheus vs Axtekk
Rampant vs ThreePiece Masochist

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 20:03:36

At 7/19/13 07:45 PM, BigRed wrote: FriendVotes: ON

oh, nevermind. fuck this shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 21:17:45

At 7/19/13 07:45 PM, BigRed wrote:
Round 2 Battles
Underlined goes first.

Eye-Cue vs Fats
Luke James vs Sonic
Pachillis vs Vinstigator
Jar vs Breaker
Butsaay vs suddle
Jakobe vs Teqneek
Prometheus vs Axtekk
Rampant vs ThreePiece Masochist

It's on.

They say I've lost my marbles

But I got these beats

Bangin' out the back of my toy car

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 21:38:05

In the Round 1 best battle voting on Facebook we've had a tie.

Tie Breaker

Next vote in this thread determines the winner.

PiGPEN vs Vinstigator

OR

Jang Gang vs Luke James

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-19 21:50:16

woop.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-20 05:30:47

At 7/19/13 09:50 PM, BigRed wrote: woop.
At 7/19/13 09:50 PM, BigRed wrote: woop.

Here are my Top 16, top 8, top 4, and winners predictions for 2013 Collabtrap. I'll be on OBTVA bitching up a storm until next year. For top 8-to winners predictions visit my blog you sucker.

Eye-Cue vs Fats:
Eye-cue should clean up unless Fats gets to do some of hits fat flips. Hope you get heads Eye bodies fats off the track.

Luke James vs Sonic:
Luke James should body Sonic off the track.

Pachillis vs Vinstigator:
Dark Horse "bye" vs Vinstigator well looks like Pigpen lost versus this fraud so I give it to the bye even though he a fag for not having to go through a pre-round or r32 like I have for two years in a row. Please get a tumor. Vinstigator should body Pachillis off the track.

Jarvs Breaker:
I can't remember Jars battle so I give it to Breaker. Actually I just re-listened to it damn Jars hack bars I think I know where Teqneek got this hack line from that cocksucker. Oh. Breaker - Bye to Round 2. Is that so? *frowny eyes* Re-listens to breakers hype track... Oh right breaker the anti-pot rapper. I expect Jar to body breaker off the track.

Butsaay vs Suddle:
First great battle on the card. I can't call this. I expect plently of foreigner jokes and lisp rebuttals. According to my image I chose Butsaay so he gets to win because he has the best gay rebuttals since Nas.

Jakobe vs Teqneek:
Teqneek if he uses all those bars I ghost wrote for him. Jakobe if he buys some of these bars son. Just ask nice. 2nd best battle on the card but I expect Teqneek to body Jakobe unless he buys some bars real talk. I hope sky can ghost write you enough metaphors in time.

Axetekkvs Prome the Don
They both lose. I expect them both to be mysteriously by a pube hair. Promes first round was a clean kill but Axe might be high off his 1 round KO could go either way. But yeah they both lose. Due to the bodying Butsaay and Axetekk are capable of I say I give it to Axetekk on that foreigner vibe. They use more syllables with that English flyting clit at the back of their throat.

3P Masochist vs Rampant:
Another bye versus Rampant giving it to rampant just because I know he can go in.

BONUS POINTS:

For bonus points Top 8-4 and winner predictions visit my blog.
http://carefoot.newgrounds.com/news/

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-20 07:02:13

While I am excommunicated from CT here is some shit about juding fags:

Try to use a scoring system I don't use this shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qx3V5E4k90

Another one I don't trust is Knamelis's but feel free to check it out to. URL is more authentic? haha

"You have artists who have to perform to a live audience, as well as to an Internet audience. So already thereâEUTMs a division of attention and focus from the artistâEUTMs perspective in terms of who youâEUTMre trying to cater your performance to.
And when you add judges, thatâEUTMs a third, completely separate audience. To some extent the Internet audience acts as judges themselves. So you have to perform for the live judges, the live audience and also the people viewing it online who will inevitably judge it. I understand not wanting battles to be judged. ItâEUTMs easier when a loss isnâEUTMt called a loss and it can be debated in the annals of YouTube for the rest of time." - Knamelis

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-20 14:37:17

Anyone need beats? I'm working on an EP and have 2 beats that would work great with battles. :)

Intro - features a scratch sample perfect for a rap battle. :)
Dog Waltz - Dark beat, really, really cool, this one is. :)

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-20 17:42:23

At 7/20/13 02:37 PM, Mophead367 wrote: Anyone need beats? I'm working on an EP and have 2 beats that would work great with battles. :)

Intro - features a scratch sample perfect for a rap battle. :)
Dog Waltz - Dark beat, really, really cool, this one is. :)

I'll use that second one for battles, it's great! The first one sounds dope, but it has a super long intro and vocals over top that don't work well with battles. If you made a "battle version" I'd use it, one with a short intro and empty space for people to battle through.

But yeah, Dog Waltz is in, that's great. Thanks man!

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-20 23:37:48

At 7/20/13 05:42 PM, BigRed wrote: I'll use that second one for battles, it's great! The first one sounds dope, but it has a super long intro and vocals over top that don't work well with battles. If you made a "battle version" I'd use it, one with a short intro and empty space for people to battle through.

Battle version? Your wish is my command. :D Lyrics You Know

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-21 04:46:25

At 7/20/13 11:37 PM, Mophead367 wrote:
At 7/20/13 05:42 PM, BigRed wrote: I'll use that second one for battles, it's great! The first one sounds dope, but it has a super long intro and vocals over top that don't work well with battles. If you made a "battle version" I'd use it, one with a short intro and empty space for people to battle through.

Battle version? Your wish is my command. :D Lyrics You Know

Why the fuck do you use such a terrible website for sharing and for fuck sakes producers release some lossless shit for once stop with the MP3s!

I don't mean to hate.

Try hulkshare or sendspace.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-21 09:42:19

At 7/21/13 04:46 AM, Carefoot wrote: Why the fuck do you use such a terrible website for sharing and for fuck sakes producers release some lossless shit for once stop with the MP3s!

I don't mean to hate.

Thing is, unless you have a godtier speaker system there really isn't that much difference between MP3 320 and FLAC. And there is a lot of difference in storage space. I make about a track a week, and am loathe to not having them on my computer or at least on a physical CD, so MP3 320 makes sense when I can't keep a copy of the project file.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-21 12:29:46

Sevillius Blaque vs BIG MUTHAFUCKIN TEQNEEK DA MIC SLAYA

Shit's dropping tomorrow.

Yo Red, can you link this thing as a grudge match, seeing as how nobody's beefing this year, and those who have been beefing seem to be hesitant to settle it like men? Plus the fact that this all started on the Clab thread when this dude barged in calling us lames and he gon steamroll through all of us?

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-21 13:59:42

At 7/21/13 04:46 AM, Carefoot wrote:
Why the fuck do you use such a terrible website for sharing and for fuck sakes producers release some lossless shit for once stop with the MP3s!

I don't mean to hate.

You do know that FL can't export in FLAC, right? I don't export WAV's because for a lot of my projects it'd take a fuck-ton of time to export. Especially this track. (Wave Traveler parts take forever for some reason.) That, and I don't have the Spce requirements on my C Partition to do so. (500 GB with 3 or 4 partiotions, C being 80 GB's.)

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-21 18:33:52

At 7/21/13 01:59 PM, Mophead367 wrote:
At 7/21/13 04:46 AM, Carefoot wrote:

I don't mean to hate.

You do know that FL can't export in FLAC, right? I don't export WAV's because for a lot of my projects it'd take a fuck-ton of time to export. Especially this track. (Wave Traveler parts take forever for some reason.) That, and I don't have the Spce requirements on my C Partition to do so. (500 GB with 3 or 4 partiotions, C being 80 GB's.)

In edison (FL plugin) you can export WAV pretty sure you can do it stop trying to make your music 1/5th of the quality after the rappers do an mp3 inside an mp3 it will be 1/25th of the original beat. If you can't afford a new terrabyte I'll mail you one. Send me your address hip hop hobo.

http://www.image-line.com/support/FLHelp/html/plugins/Edison _3.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZZjAryytP0

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 03:18:49

At 7/21/13 06:33 PM, Carefoot wrote:
At 7/21/13 01:59 PM, Mophead367 wrote: You do know that FL can't export in FLAC, right? I don't export WAV's because for a lot of my projects it'd take a fuck-ton of time to export. Especially this track. (Wave Traveler parts take forever for some reason.) That, and I don't have the Spce requirements on my C Partition to do so. (500 GB with 3 or 4 partiotions, C being 80 GB's.)
In edison (FL plugin) you can export WAV pretty sure you can do it stop trying to make your music 1/5th of the quality after the rappers do an mp3 inside an mp3 it will be 1/25th of the original beat. If you can't afford a new terrabyte I'll mail you one. Send me your address hip hop hobo.

It's not that I don't know how to (I use Edison a fuck ton to cut up samples and always export the cuts as WAV's) it's that I don't have the disc space or the patience to Export my tracks in WAV's. My Turntablism tracks would take FOR-FUCKING-EVER. Don't tell me how to export my shit. If I could I'd Export in FLAC. Alas, I can not so shut your fuckin' trap.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 09:38:48

At 7/22/13 03:18 AM, Mophead367 wrote:
At 7/21/13 06:33 PM, Carefoot wrote:
At 7/21/13 01:59 PM, Mophead367 wrote: You do know that FL can't export in FLAC, right? I don't export WAV's because for a lot of my projects it'd take a fuck-ton of time to export. Especially this track. (Wave Traveler parts take forever for some reason.) That, and I don't have the Spce requirements on my C Partition to do so. (500 GB with 3 or 4 partiotions, C being 80 GB's.)
It's not that I don't know how to (I use Edison a fuck ton to cut up samples and always export the cuts as WAV's) it's that I don't have the disc space or the patience to Export my tracks in WAV's. My Turntablism tracks would take FOR-FUCKING-EVER. Don't tell me how to export my shit. If I could I'd Export in FLAC. Alas, I can not so shut your fuckin' trap.

Alright keep making shitty .exe 1/5th quality beats and I will keep not using them and no I won't shut my fuckin' trap. Cunt.
Fucking lazy producers can't be bothered to even do their job will hopefully all starve off. It takes an extra 5 minutes to upload and then delete it off your hard drive once its on a reasonable sharing platform (google 'recording artifacts' you dipshit). Alas you are a lazy garbage producer who I won't be listening to the beats of (or using, or helping) so ironically I will continue to run my fucking mouth and you will continue to be an anonymous nobody (I assume you suck regardless). Procede.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 13:11:54

At 7/22/13 03:18 AM, Mophead367 wrote: It's not that I don't know how to (I use Edison a fuck ton to cut up samples and always export the cuts as WAV's) it's that I don't have the disc space or the patience to Export my tracks in WAV's. My Turntablism tracks would take FOR-FUCKING-EVER. Don't tell me how to export my shit. If I could I'd Export in FLAC. Alas, I can not so shut your fuckin' trap.

thatescalatedquickly.jpg

Yo Carefoot, this hobo hiphop head for one would LOVE an extra terabyte if you're willing to ship. I'll even throw in a few lossless exclusive beats (logic, despite being unmitigated macfaggery, can export in FLAC) at your commission.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 15:59:23

At 7/22/13 01:11 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 7/22/13 03:18 AM, Mophead367 wrote: It's not that I don't know how to (I use Edison a fuck ton to cut up samples and always export the cuts as WAV's) it's that I don't have the disc space or the patience to Export my tracks in WAV's. My Turntablism tracks would take FOR-FUCKING-EVER. Don't tell me how to export my shit. If I could I'd Export in FLAC. Alas, I can not so shut your fuckin' trap.
Yo Carefoot, this hobo hiphop head for one would LOVE an extra terabyte if you're willing to ship.

If Carefoot's buying, I'll take a terabyte. Hell, I'll take two. External, SATA or USB3.0, 7200rpm minimum.

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 16:02:52

At 7/22/13 03:59 PM, Rampant wrote:
At 7/22/13 01:11 PM, AxTekk wrote: Yo Carefoot, this hobo hiphop head for one would LOVE an extra terabyte if you're willing to ship.
If Carefoot's buying, I'll take a terabyte. Hell, I'll take two. External, SATA or USB3.0, 7200rpm minimum.

Yo, quit it Rampant, I have a genuine shot at an extra terabyte here! Go back to London, you silly Leprechaun. Go eat some fuckin' potatoes. You forget your four leaf clover.

BBS Signature

Response to Clabtrap 2013 Discussion Thread 2013-07-22 16:48:28

At 7/22/13 04:02 PM, AxTekk wrote:
At 7/22/13 03:59 PM, Rampant wrote:
At 7/22/13 01:11 PM, AxTekk wrote: Yo Carefoot, this hobo hiphop head for one would LOVE an extra terabyte if you're willing to ship.
Yo, quit it Rampant, I have a genuine shot at an extra terabyte here! Go back to London, you silly Leprechaun. Go eat some fuckin' potatoes. You forget your four leaf clover.

Yeah, well... well... you... uh... don't you have to go shag a sheep, or something, you Welsh dork.