00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Totem Collab - Reloaded

19,745 Views | 247 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-30 09:09:36

At 5/29/13 09:41 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Finished. Lot of symbolism and stuff :P

Haha I didn't expect anybody to actually challenge the max width limit. Nice job! Welcome on board.

Can you give me a hint about the symbolism? Just curious...

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-30 16:55:56

At 5/30/13 09:09 AM, Luwano wrote:
At 5/29/13 09:41 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Finished. Lot of symbolism and stuff :P
Haha I didn't expect anybody to actually challenge the max width limit. Nice job! Welcome on board.

Can you give me a hint about the symbolism? Just curious...

Well if you only want a hint, these three animals represent different things in a certain culture.

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-30 19:11:53

At 5/30/13 04:55 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Well if you only want a hint, these three animals represent different things in a certain culture.

Ok I think I got it. Strength, wit & speed?

One more thing, after looking at it on my comp rather than mobile, I think the "pole" looks a bit flat. More like a board. You could try to add some shading to make it look more round like this. But with your shading technique instead.

Save a original copy, in case you don't like the outcome, so you can go back.

Of course, this is a "CAN" not a "MUST". It's accepted either way. There are other flat poles, it's just that it would suit your pic better, if it was less flat. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-30 20:44:22

At 5/30/13 07:11 PM, Luwano wrote:
At 5/30/13 04:55 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote: Well if you only want a hint, these three animals represent different things in a certain culture.
Ok I think I got it. Strength, wit & speed?

One more thing, after looking at it on my comp rather than mobile, I think the "pole" looks a bit flat. More like a board. You could try to add some shading to make it look more round like this. But with your shading technique instead.

Save a original copy, in case you don't like the outcome, so you can go back.
Of course, this is a "CAN" not a "MUST". It's accepted either way. There are other flat poles, it's just that it would suit your pic better, if it was less flat. :P

Yea I can try and adjust it later tonight for ya, I'll see how it turns out.

And you were close. Boar represents courage and confrontation, while a rabbit represents fear. The Coyote is in between, because he's said to represent duality, both extremes of the spectrum coming together as one blah blah :P

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-30 22:44:01

At 5/30/13 08:44 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote:
And you were close. Boar represents courage and confrontation, while a rabbit represents fear. The Coyote is in between, because he's said to represent duality, both extremes of the spectrum coming together as one blah blah :P

Oh, I thought Truffles, Westerns and Sex Drive.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-31 14:43:13

At 5/30/13 10:44 PM, Breaktroll wrote:

Forget everything I said, this man knows his shit.

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-05-31 18:30:12

Count me in! I'd love to do something for this!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-03 11:59:47

Haven't been in a collab for a while

the non-edited clean version

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-04 05:49:13

At 6/3/13 09:41 PM, AustinBreed wrote: This is pretty cool, I'm going to try to do something for it.

looking forward to what you bring to the table... I mean, totem.. :3

will start linking pieces when its closer to the deadline, so it has a much more flowing feel rather then bolting them together in chronological order.

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 11:52:31

SScollab Totemhead Png. For the totem collab :) Hope you like it guys

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 11:54:42

Whoops wrong png :D

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 12:41:12

At 6/5/13 11:54 AM, SScollab wrote: Whoops wrong png :D

might want to check that first post SScollab, seems a bit small

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 14:35:09

At 5/31/13 02:43 PM, LeeIsMyName wrote:
At 5/30/13 10:44 PM, Breaktroll wrote:
Forget everything I said, this man knows his shit.

Lol. Thanks for the explanation... both of you. ;)

At 5/31/13 06:30 PM, Saminat wrote: Count me in! I'd love to do something for this!

Glad to hear that. Looking forward to it.

At 6/3/13 09:41 PM, AustinBreed wrote: This is pretty cool, I'm going to try to do something for it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

At 6/4/13 05:49 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
will start linking pieces when its closer to the deadline, so it has a much more flowing feel rather then bolting them together in chronological order.

Yeah that's a good point. Also, some pics might undergo changes in the meantime.

This goes to everyone: If you make last minute changes, additionally to PMing Chameneon, inform LegolaSS, too. He is the master of linking and flowing in town.

At 6/5/13 11:54 AM, SScollab wrote: Whoops wrong png :D

It looks as if the dimensions are not correct. It should be 500px high in total and 200px wide on the bottom and top edges. There is a rough guide here. If you still have trouble adjusting your totem, send me a PM.

At 6/3/13 11:59 AM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: Haven't been in a collab for a while

the non-edited clean version

It's great to have you on board. Awesome entry, as usual. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 14:40:41

200 px width or less. It's small because it contain a lot things and a human face if i change the size. It will be to slim :/ So that's all folks

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 14:52:06

At 6/5/13 02:40 PM, SScollab wrote: 200 px width or less. It's small because it contain a lot things and a human face if i change the size. It will be to slim :/ So that's all folks

This pic shows the dimensions you're working to. Your pic has to be 200px at the top and bottom so that the totem can continue from the top and the bottom. The pic also should be 500px high for conformity.

This is your pic in the forums. At its base it is 128px wide, and its height is 178px. I don't see how it can link up to a section above it, either.

How do you make your 3D stuff, btw? Are they prefab models from Daz3D?

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 15:01:09

It's Own modells and made in 3ds max I will make something to solve this problem :)

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 15:16:24

Is it okay now? :D

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-05 17:05:44

At 6/5/13 03:16 PM, SScollab wrote: Is it okay now? :D

While it fits the dimensions now, that grey stuff you added doesn't fit the rest of the image. The simplest (although not extraordinary) solution would be to make the head a bit bigger if possible and add a pole of some sort with the correct dimensions behind it. I have sent you an example via PM.

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-07 00:59:33

Gah, I just finished mine, but I'm really unsatisfied with it, I'm going to start over

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-11 03:08:32

How's everything going? When will this collab be released? Will there be any music to go along with it?

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-11 09:55:01

We are aiming for a release early next month but theres no definite release date though, however, I will inform everyone before we upload.
Liking what we have so far but I hope that there will be some more submissions incoming.

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-14 15:32:17

Working on it

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-14 18:59:47

At 6/14/13 03:32 PM, test-object wrote: Working on it

Hooray! *dances*

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-16 11:14:28

question - while joining these pieces together. do you want me to just keep them all together and send the whole picture rather then cut them back up into single pieces, i dont know how your flash is going to work, like does it go up piece by piece or does it just scroll?

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-16 14:54:22

At 6/16/13 11:14 AM, LegolaSS wrote: question - while joining these pieces together. do you want me to just keep them all together and send the whole picture rather then cut them back up into single pieces, i dont know how your flash is going to work, like does it go up piece by piece or does it just scroll?

At the moment, the code loads a pic every 500px. So they'd have to be cut in half. I was thinking, I could prepare some longer parts for Cham so there is a little less to code for him manually (determining the order of the pics) while leaving you more creative freedom when linking them up. I am however a total noob on the technical side and just thinking out loud, what could be done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-16 14:57:47

something. . .

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-17 13:19:19

Haroo! Will this work?

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-26 12:50:09

Has a deadline been set for this contest yet?

Jesus Saves!!

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-26 21:24:25

I am really sorry for not looking after this as closely this last week. I have been delaying the progress while attempting to make some stuff for the background. Sorry Chameneon, I'll stop procrastinating.

At 6/16/13 02:57 PM, VaguelyWonderful wrote: something. . .

Looking good. I am all for variety. There are some white artifacts here and there though. Can you clean that up? And the corners are not meeting the edges properly, except for the bottom left corner. PM me if you have questions.

At 6/17/13 01:19 PM, Saminat wrote: Haroo! Will this work?

Hey there, glad to have you on board. I really like the tower, good idea. If you could add some shading to make it look round, rather than flat, I'd be a happy little tree... :3

At 6/26/13 12:50 PM, HeThinkzLikeNoOthEr wrote: Has a deadline been set for this contest yet?

Not yet. This is my bad, I was meant to send Cham some background files some days ago.

Once again, sorry for responding so late and for the general delay. The good thing is, there is more time for people to join. ;)

Think positive!

BBS Signature

Response to The Totem Collab - Reloaded 2013-06-26 21:51:50

At 6/26/13 09:24 PM, Luwano wrote:
Hey there, glad to have you on board. I really like the tower, good idea. If you could add some shading to make it look round, rather than flat, I'd be a happy little tree... :3

You got it bro!