00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

adventure time w/ finn and jake

7,176 Views | 68 Replies

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 16:54:35

At 4/22/13 06:16 PM, badfurrykitty wrote: There is a buttload of girls in this show than there is boys

Is you serious?

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 17:36:05

At 4/22/13 05:15 PM, Boomstick wrote:
At 4/22/13 04:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: What is Bmo even? I thought it was a girl but they call it a 'He' sometimes.
Maybe BMO's gender-less.

BMO is genderless.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 18:49:37

At 4/23/13 04:54 PM, Boomstick wrote:
At 4/22/13 06:16 PM, badfurrykitty wrote: There is a buttload of girls in this show than there is boys
Is you serious?

Prove me wrong please. I ain't talking about the old geezers. I mean boys boys. Like Tiffany

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 20:44:55

At 4/23/13 05:36 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 4/22/13 05:15 PM, Boomstick wrote:
At 4/22/13 04:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: What is Bmo even? I thought it was a girl but they call it a 'He' sometimes.
Maybe BMO's gender-less.
BMO is genderless.

Hmmm. You seen that episode where Fin finds those toys of themselves and they work as some sort of odd simulation? And they find out that theoretically Ice king and Bmo would like each other? Since its implied Bmo and ice king could be an item I assume it means Bmo is a girl.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 21:07:55

At 4/23/13 08:44 PM, sweet21 wrote: Hmmm. You seen that episode where Fin finds those toys of themselves and they work as some sort of odd simulation? And they find out that theoretically Ice king and Bmo would like each other? Since its implied Bmo and ice king could be an item I assume it means Bmo is a girl.

I suppose that makes sense.
But for example in the Fionna And Cake episodes all the dude characters are now chicks and all the chick characters are dudes. But BMO doesn't change at all. So BMO doesn't have a gender.
Then theres this.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 21:25:29

i don't like antihumor ,bad animation,bad dialog so i fucking hate the show

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 21:35:12

Party Pat is still cool for me.

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 21:48:45

Love this show. Some very trippy episodes though I have to admit I have a hard time following any long term story arcs.

Though that could be because I'm always high when I watch it.

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-23 23:26:08

At 4/22/13 02:31 PM, Sevkat wrote: who watches this show?
innit great?
i especially like bmo
wbu

I only watch the episodes with the story now tho.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 01:57:43

One of the finest animated shows of all time, and one of the best shows in all genres. The show has showcased many different styles of storytelling, ranging from ridiculous humor it's known for to touching base with many darker elements, plus the characters are all great.

Seriously if you don't like this show take the stick out of your ass and grow some taste.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 02:10:50

At 4/24/13 01:57 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: One of the finest animated shows of all time, and one of the best shows in all genres. The show has showcased many different styles of storytelling, ranging from ridiculous humor it's known for to touching base with many darker elements, plus the characters are all great.

Seriously if you don't like this show take the stick out of your ass and grow some taste.

double posting unless someone posts while im writing this, but i dont give a shit.

One of my favorite moments in the series was the simon and marcy episode. You learn the backstory of these two characters and you come to realize the ice king's origins- in turn learning he wasn't always a crazy dude with an unquenchable thirst for princesses. You see the two struggling to survive in a post apocalyptic world, which is a deep contrast to the show's norm. This shows the animators are more than fart jokes.

There are many other shows that offer something more as well, this isn't a one instance. The show "Thank You" for example, depicted a snow giant and a fire dog become friends with very minimal dialogue and was actually nominated in the sundance awards.

Basically, I really respect the show and the animators. I've watched all the episodes, as it's for kids and adults alike. Since the show often takes different turns with it's shows i never really know what im getting into when i sit to watch it, which i absolutely love.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 15:12:27

At 4/24/13 02:10 AM, FallenMartyr wrote:

You may like this then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UK4l_P1FN4

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 22:52:02

It's weird how passionate the haters get about this show.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 22:56:19

Everytime I go to comic con, somebody is wearing s Finn costume. I think that's cool.

Yeah, the show rocks. I watch it all the time.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 23:05:52

Adventure time has to be one of the most overrated shows I have ever watched. Not only that but it is too sweet for my tastes. give me invader zim any day over adventure time.

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 23:20:08

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 23:32:49

At 4/24/13 11:20 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLqkIqE3MY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2OQPp6l_LA

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 23:42:17

Personally, I don't like it much at all. (sorry FallenMartyr, I don't mean to diss you're intense passionate love for this cartoon) I just can't get into weird "trippy" cartoons that use bright colors and odd character designs and animation to make themselves stick out or be different. It doesn't have a very cohesive plot, many of the characters are just odd for the sake of being so and jokes are just not funny. I mean, it has some good writing in it, from what I've seen in a few episodes but it's just so damn out there, its off putting and I can't really get into the story or the jokes.

I do, however, enjoy Regular Show, now that's just a really cool show. So much to relate to with plenty of adult material. Only new cartoons I watch on a regular basis are that show, The Looney Toons show (sometimes) and Gravity Falls. I'm not into trippy far out crap with bright colors and such. I like relate-able comedies with solid, good characters and smart writing with an atmosphere and animating style I can get into. AT only has one of those things and that just doesn't pass in my book.

Tl;Dr: Hattah's gonna Hayte, brah and I b crampin' on yo supah hipp toons, dawg.

or however the fuck it goes these days.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-24 23:54:45

The 'Before the bomb stories' kinda take me out of it. When I first heard that Adventure time took place in a post apocalypse and everything that exists is the result of a nuclear bomb, I thought it was just some dumb fan theory. Well apparently its not and that just kinda kills something about it for me.
There is definitely some interesting character development.

Say, you know when the prism granted Finns his wish and Finn had a robot arm? Was that cannon or alternate universe? Everything pieces together and shows us how the bomb went off and contains alot of 'true' events but it was just a wish. Did it send Finn back in time?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 04:07:51

At 4/24/13 11:54 PM, sweet21 wrote: Say, you know when the prism granted Finns his wish and Finn had a robot arm? Was that cannon or alternate universe? Everything pieces together and shows us how the bomb went off and contains alot of 'true' events but it was just a wish. Did it send Finn back in time?

I see no reason to think it was non-canon. Jake undid the wish and everything went back to normal.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 12:27:13

At 4/25/13 06:39 AM, tyler2513 wrote: You give them little spoonfuls every now and then to keep them wanting more but I felt this episode just crammed it all down our throats.

Well it didn't mention much about the mushroom itself other than a bomb existed. Perhaps they will explain what caused the war. After all that bomb was there for a reason.
Unless they already explained that in the Simon and Marceline episode, I dont know, I didn't watch it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 12:32:44

At 4/25/13 12:27 PM, sweet21 wrote: Well it didn't mention much about the mushroom itself other than a bomb existed. Perhaps they will explain what caused the war. After all that bomb was there for a reason.
Unless they already explained that in the Simon and Marceline episode, I dont know, I didn't watch it.

Nah it didn't mention much about the war in the Simon and Marceline episode. It was just explaining stuff about their past together. And even then I feel they could have explained a lot more. So I kinda want to see more Simon And Marcy episodes.
Ya know, like how they've had 2 Fionna And Cake episodes so far and are planning on making more.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 13:24:07

if you pay attention, the world of the show is a apocalyptic scenario, maybe nuclear war made things mutate or something.
that would explain the ruined cities and scrapped technology

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 19:29:34

It's better than most of the stuff on TV, but when most of the stuff on TV is shit, it really isn't saying much.

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 19:54:35

I think it's pretty awesome, I love the animation.
But the Regular Show is better.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 20:14:29

Best cartoon i've seen released in a good few years.

This horse has got a whack case of poo brain,yo.

Waiting for season 5 to fin' to DL that rhombus.

Piss

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 20:33:14

Biggest piece of shit show I have ever seen on cartoon-network, and the main reason I refuse to watch the station. The script is always so fucking awful its like watching a poorly animated cluster of memes yelled out by dumbass static characters with no substance beyond something you would find on Nick Jr. I will never understand why Adventure Time is so popular ... maybe because American culture becomes exponentially more retarded every year and less people have the intellect and attention span to understand even the slightest hint of witty humor.

I don't hate you people who watch it, I'm just saying you watch a half-assed work that always plays out like a fucking toddler bed time story. It doesn't even come close to shows like Flapjack, Chowder, and Teen Titans ... not even going to mention the classic Cartoon Cartoon shows.

TL;DR Fuck Adventure Time

Rant over. I'm ready for my lynching, butthurt fanboys!

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 20:42:05

I think it's a good show, not the best show I've seen on CN but still interesting when there's nothing else on TV.

filler text

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 20:46:06

There's that firy passion. Such anger. What gives?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to adventure time w/ finn and jake 2013-04-25 20:53:35

At 4/25/13 08:46 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: There's that firy passion. Such anger. What gives?

Yeah we should all relax and party.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature