00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Key frame caddy problem

5,309 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Key frame caddy problem 2013-04-18 15:57:49

Hi I'm putting some feller out there on the web for this. Has any one experienced an issue with Keyframe Caddy only being able to load one keyframe/graphic into the Keyframe caddy window? I cannot even load one frame at a time, it simply replaces what ever was loaded previously. I have cs 3 cs4 and cs5 same results for all versions. opperating sys XP, latest version of flash player. Any ideas?

Response to Key frame caddy problem 2013-04-21 02:15:04

At 4/18/13 03:57 PM, QArtsMedia wrote: Hi I'm putting some feller out there on the web for this. Has any one experienced an issue with Keyframe Caddy only being able to load one keyframe/graphic into the Keyframe caddy window? I cannot even load one frame at a time, it simply replaces what ever was loaded previously. I have cs 3 cs4 and cs5 same results for all versions. opperating sys XP, latest version of flash player. Any ideas?

Ok I knew if I spent long enough and I got a few pointers I'd figure it out. Here is what I did.

Complete list of steps used as follows:

1. Create new graphic symbol with multiple keyframes of graphic in different positions/shapes.
2. Goto the stage, and create a new layer with a single intial keyframe.
3. Add your graphic symbol onto stage in the single keyframe.
4. Click Keyframe Caddy "load thumbnails" button(this loads all graphics into Keyframe Caddy window)
5. On existing layer(containing intial keyframe). Add frames (press f5)
6. Then go to the next frame after the intial keyframe and click on the first graphic in the Keyframe Caddy window(Or whatever graphic your going to start with as a starting position for the animation). This second keyframe seems to lock everything down and now it will function as it should.

Other wise it would repeate all frames of the symbol until it reached the next keyframe, be that 5 frames or 5000 In other words it would not hold on the first keyframe. Work perfectly now.

Response to Key frame caddy problem 2014-01-03 17:39:28

You know, I want to say thank you SO MUCH for posting this, because none of the other tutorials I watched helped me to understand this basic use of the tool, including the people who made it. So this was a big help. I was about to give up trying to use Keyframe Caddy.

Blessings upon ye

Response to Key frame caddy problem 2018-07-27 20:17:47 (edited 2018-07-27 20:20:52)

Okay I also have another solution than yours... so if that doesnt work heres mine
1. make your mouth shape or first image (make sure keyframe is inserted)
2. convert it to a graphic symbol
3. double click on the graphic symbol (not in the symbols tab)
4 make the other shapes(blank keyframe if making complete new one convert that to a symbol) (normal keyframe if adjusting same mouth shape)
5. after done you should see an arrow somewhere where it says scene 1 or scene (num)
6. after that (back to main timeline dont freak out if other keyframes are gone)
7. Make sure that the keyframe you made in the main timeline at step 1 is selected in timeline (if not just select it in timeline and click what you made in step 1)
8. press load thumbnails (now it should load all thumbnails)(you should see all thumbnails have loaded)
9. adjust as necessary in the main/real timeline

Hope it helped sorry for bad grammer & punctuation