00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Twinspurr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Main Problem With Zelda Oot.

674 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 00:14:19

I have these two problems I have been thinking about for a while, and I have been stumped.
You know in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, you can take The Master Sword out of it's pedestal and warp seven years into the future ? Well , take a look to the sequel of this game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The moon falls while you are a child still in that game. When you're an adult in OoT that would only be about 6 years ago that the moon would have fallen and destroyed everything. If you were trapped in the Temple of Time for seven years, you couldn't have stopped that moon, thus equaling, why would they trap you in the Temple of Time to grow, when instead they could let you leave and stop Majora, Skull Kid, and the moon. The game that should have came first is Majora's Mask because without it going first, when you get out of the Temple of Time, you wouldn't. Because you would be dead.

The next problem is... Well if there is an Ocarina for the time continuum. Where is the Ocarina for the space continuum???...
They need to make another game in that series called the Ocarina of Space, and be able to warp through time, with the Ocarina of Time, as well as teleporting and stuff with the Ocarina of Space.
Would be legit.

"Don't quote me boy cause' I ain't said shit" - Eazy-E

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 04:31:54

After Ganon is defeated in the future Link is sent back 7 years to live out his childhood, hence the events of Majoras Mask can take place.

With that being said, you cannot involve time travel in your plot and not have plot holes. See Bioshock Infinite.

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 05:31:20

At 4/18/13 12:14 AM, DillonCartoons wrote: I have these two problems I have been thinking about for a while, and I have been stumped.
You know in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, you can take The Master Sword out of it's pedestal and warp seven years into the future ? Well , take a look to the sequel of this game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. The moon falls while you are a child still in that game. When you're an adult in OoT that would only be about 6 years ago that the moon would have fallen and destroyed everything. If you were trapped in the Temple of Time for seven years, you couldn't have stopped that moon, thus equaling, why would they trap you in the Temple of Time to grow, when instead they could let you leave and stop Majora, Skull Kid, and the moon. The game that should have came first is Majora's Mask because without it going first, when you get out of the Temple of Time, you wouldn't. Because you would be dead.

It's brought up as a direct sequel, but I don't think they already had MM's script ready when they made Ocarina of Time. So yeah, there's paradoxes and stuff, but I doubt Zelda is really a series where they thought hard about continuity between games.

The next problem is... Well if there is an Ocarina for the time continuum. Where is the Ocarina for the space continuum???...
They need to make another game in that series called the Ocarina of Space, and be able to warp through time, with the Ocarina of Time, as well as teleporting and stuff with the Ocarina of Space.

You could teleport with the Ocarina of Time as well ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 10:11:00

At 4/18/13 04:31 AM, kmau wrote: After Ganon is defeated in the future Link is sent back 7 years to live out his childhood, hence the events of Majoras Mask can take place.

With that being said, you cannot involve time travel in your plot and not have plot holes. See Bioshock Infinite.

However, while you're turning into an adult , your child form is trapped for seven years in the sacred realm. The only way to get out would be to wait the seven years, then put the sword back, but by the time that would happen and you're an adult, the earth would be destroyed.

"Don't quote me boy cause' I ain't said shit" - Eazy-E

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 10:38:03

At 4/18/13 10:11 AM, DillonCartoons wrote:
However, while you're turning into an adult , your child form is trapped for seven years in the sacred realm. The only way to get out would be to wait the seven years, then put the sword back, but by the time that would happen and you're an adult, the earth would be destroyed.

Maybe those events are being experienced by future kid Link at the same time. He's running around with a Deku mask stuck to his face being chased by a dog in Clock Town while present link is in the temple. kind of like a Doctor Who sort of thing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 12:27:05

I assumed that under ganon's rule the whole moon apocalypse was either stopped or never took place. As in, it only happens when ganondorf is taken out of the timeline.

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 12:48:32

There is a split timeline theory... stating that when Link was sent back in time, he actually was being sent into a different universe too that exists separately from the standard Zelda Universe.

Some info here

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 13:37:54

At 4/18/13 12:27 PM, Jackho wrote: I assumed that under ganon's rule the whole moon apocalypse was either stopped or never took place. As in, it only happens when ganondorf is taken out of the timeline.

Oh yeah, that could work.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Main Problem With Zelda Oot. 2013-04-18 17:00:45

Majora's Mask takes place in a parallel version of Hyrule, hence why many of the characters are the same. If Termina was destroyed, it would not affect Hyrule.

As per the Temple of Time, Link seals Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm. Ganondorf swears vengeance (Skip to 1:10), and Link is returned to his own time. Although it isn't shown, the thought is that Link will emerge from the Temple of Time in seven years to defeat Ganondorf exactly how the player did. The ending would be much more clear if it showed Link being transported outside of the sealed sword chamber.

There are two Ocarina of Time Links at the same time - one of them is sealed in the Temple, the other is off looking for his friend Navi. Adult Link comes out of the Temple, defeats Ganondorf, and is sworn vengeance upon, then Link is sent back to the past. The Link that did all of this already is off adventuring outside of Hyrule.

Ganondorf's seal is broken, he attacks Hyrule, and according to Wind Waker, the Hero of Time never shows up.