00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Worst Injury

2,123 Views | 39 Replies

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 14:37:47

I run my own business as a motor vehicle repair garage, I was changing the rear suspension unit, on an Alpha, when I put the spring clamps on the rear suspension unit, to compress it, as I was unbolting the rear suspension unit, the spring clamps slipped, and trapped my middle finger between the inner wheel arch, and suspension unit, splitting it from the knuckle joint, up to the end of my finger. As the spring from the rear suspension was now trapping my hand, between it, and the inner wheel arch, I had no alternative as I was on my own, than to pull my hand from between the top of the suspension unit, and the car bod. I still bare the scar which happened 30 years ago, and I still remember vividly the pain, as I was self employed at the time, going to the hospital, and not completing the repair, would have cost me money, so I strapped my finger up, with Elastoplast, and carried on, completing the repair to the car, as my priority was keeping the customer happy, and feeding my family.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 14:42:00

Playing basketball, jumped, loose pinhead on the floor or something, fell on it with all my weight, pierced my foot and left a hole there for quite some time. It's a scar as a permanent reminder never to play basketball in a public park.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 15:51:52

Crushed Adam's apple.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:17:52

At 4/19/13 03:51 PM, Hemlok wrote: Crushed Adam's apple.

Is your voice all high pitched now?

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:22:10

flipped a buggy and broke all the bones in my right wrist.

kinda gay imo

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:33:53

At 4/17/13 05:46 PM, Painbringer wrote: I'm surprised no one said circumcision.

You appear to be one of my friends, from the Jewish community, and I sympathize with you.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:34:08

I don't remember ever having any severe injuries thankfully, but I've had to deal with the occasional pulled muscle and sprained ankle back in my football days. The sprained ankles kinda sucked, because your ankle never really gets back to its full strength again and you'll suffer this injury more and more often over the years.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:40:25

At 4/19/13 05:17 PM, Jeffyx wrote: Is your voice all high pitched now?

What? No.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-19 17:43:58

When I was running competitively back in college, I refused to stop and let a stress fracture heal (like an asshole). It eventually lead to a full on fracture in my femur.

I was on crutches for 3 months and was unable to run for 6 months.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Worst Injury 2013-04-20 02:12:52

It's probably extremely uncouth of me to do so, but this poor chap... http://mr-shark.newgrounds.com/news/post/838365 deserves some recognition.

I never broke any bones, and while my soft tissue injuries were bad, they ain't life threatening. Might go blind and deaf from them soon, but I'll know better in a few weeks. Side injuries to the head can... suck. Oh, yeah, it was from a car accident 2 years ago. My head cracked the drivers side window, but didn't break, unfortunately. Face stitches are just surface crap, internal injuries that are difficult to see in standard MRIs, are for over-specialized MD's (ENT-DO).. who don't take car insurance |: The local hospitals near me are such crap....

Meh, here. I felt the ass end of the car rise up considerably upon impact, since I was going downhill. Went dark and quiet after that.

The sciatic nerve pain (lower back, disc rupture) was so bad after the swelling went down... took 45 minutes to get out of bed, just to minimize the level 11 pain. Now I know why grown men scream, you just can't help it. Worst pain in my life. Operation two months ago to fix it was a blazing success, but I went through a year of pussy steroidal treatments, which had no chance of correcting the problem. Why? To prove to the insurance company this was a procedure I needed. Otherwise, they never would have approved it. And that's why insurance (in general) for kids under 21 is so high. The End. Goodnight. Watch those intersections, trust your gut and definitely not the other guy!!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature