00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Danielr1203 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!!

6,145 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-25 14:16:01

At 4/24/13 11:08 AM, la-yinn wrote:

I don't think I'll actually play the HD version tho, too busy to pick up more videogames... gl hf to all of you either way :)

I only got it for the stable online support. other than that it's just like the original.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2013-04-25 21:25:20

idk, nothing really amazing or whatnot

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2016-09-08 17:49:43

Anyone else having trouble seeing it on a smaller screen, or at super high (4K) resolutions?

I have a 17.3" 1920x1080P display and it's hard to read the text.

I hope they find a way to set the resolution, in game, or make the text size bigger.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2016-09-09 09:04:41

At 9/8/16 05:49 PM, Painbringer wrote: Anyone else having trouble seeing it on a smaller screen, or at super high (4K) resolutions?

I have a 17.3" 1920x1080P display and it's hard to read the text.

I hope they find a way to set the resolution, in game, or make the text size bigger.

Yeah, that's a huge oversight with this release of the game. There's no reason the UI and text shouldn't scale with the resolution. You'd think there'd be a mod on the steam workshop by now to change the size of the UI, but the only thing I've found is something that lets you alter a .ini file to make the game open at something other than your screen's default resolution, but you can also just change your resolution from the desktop and the game will use that when you play. It's just a little annoying to change back and forth just for one specific game.

Personally, I don't find the text unreadable at 1080p, but the minimap becomes completely useless, which sucks. I think it's worth getting used to playing at 1080p, though because you see more of the playing field and commanding units and building just feels better when you have more room to work with. I've played at 4k though and it's good for a laugh, but it's like looking down from a satellite in space.

At 9/8/16 08:20 PM, DELUCA2400 wrote: Also this thread is old as fuck.

Yeah but AoEII is the shit and I don't mind a bumped conversation if we get to talk about one of the only RTS games left that has a large enough community that people unfamiliar with the game can get into it and find games with people who aren't pro-level APM machines.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2016-09-28 18:56:20

At 9/28/16 11:38 AM, sielxm3d wrote: I really like Age of Empires II played well against my brother and other computer players, but never got to play against other players who are not on the same LAN as me.

So why not play the HD version in multiplayer mode?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Age Of Empires Ii Hd Edition!!! 2016-10-13 02:46:39

At 4/5/13 02:16 AM, Sequenced wrote: anyone else getting the game? If you get it now before april 9th you can start playing it today. This is on Steam.

Let's hope they learned from their mistakes. I 100% support this game. Time to play this all summer!

...Also, a couple friends of mine and I are thinking of creating a forum for it.

A lot of people use this version,but since i don't want to pay,I have to use The Non-HD Edition

At 10/13/16 02:46 AM, EmirHero4 wrote: I have to use The Non-HD Edition

Which is best played at 1280x1024 on a 19 inch LCD monitor.

Edit:
Technically, anything at 720P or higher is considered HD.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature