00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

New York City Meet-up 2013

17,479 Views | 119 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-25 17:36:10


Poker's out for me, personally. My mind is subject to change, but I doubt it will.

There's video poker at the casino in Ozone Park if anyone wants. However, I heard video poker is lame and I highly doubt I'm taking anyone over to the casino. Why?

1) All of our casinos in the entire state our lame thanks to state laws that don't allow free alcohol, actual poker and blackjack tables. That pretty much leaves you with slots and video poker only.
2) Uncle Sam will go after you for winnings that exceed even a cent above $600.
3) Some of you will lose a fuck ton of money while others may be luckier, leaving the losers jealous.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-25 17:41:59


At 3/25/13 05:36 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
3) Some of you will lose a fuck ton of money while others may be luckier, leaving the losers jealous.

you know you can play poker without a casino... my suggestion is for like a "downtime" part of the day. this isn't my high priority lol.


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-25 18:42:01


At 3/25/13 05:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: you know you can play poker without a casino...

I'm not sure if it's legal in the state if there's real money involved.

There are a lot of gambling scams out there.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-25 20:59:01


At 3/25/13 06:42 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/25/13 05:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: you know you can play poker without a casino...
I'm not sure if it's legal in the state if there's real money involved.

There are a lot of gambling scams out there.

I've done it regularly with my friends back home. we found it more entertaining than going to an overpriced movie.

plus, the possibility of winning quite a few bucks in the end is always exciting.


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-26 06:21:29


At 3/25/13 09:47 PM, Vnzi wrote: Hate to bring this up, but isn't there supposed to be a meet-up for the west coast coming up soon?

Not that I'm aware of.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-26 17:45:48


At 3/25/13 08:59 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 3/25/13 06:42 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 3/25/13 05:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: you know you can play poker without a casino...
I'm not sure if it's legal in the state if there's real money involved.

There are a lot of gambling scams out there.
I've done it regularly with my friends back home. we found it more entertaining than going to an overpriced movie.

plus, the possibility of winning quite a few bucks in the end is always exciting.

What is entertaining for you and your friends may not be entertaining for the rest of us. Count me out of that. Luis, Dave, myself, and others shall be getting shit faced hammered. Like last year. And the year before that.

Unfortunately I shall be without punani this year however. XD

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-26 18:55:33


At 3/26/13 05:45 PM, Richard wrote:
Unfortunately I shall be without punani this year however. XD

as I said again, this was only a suggetion.

if nobody wants to then that's fine. was only a suggestion :3


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-27 07:39:14


At 3/26/13 05:45 PM, Richard wrote:
What is entertaining for you and your friends may not be entertaining for the rest of us. Count me out of that. Luis, Dave, myself, and others shall be getting shit faced hammered. Like last year. And the year before that.

Unfortunately I shall be without punani this year however. XD

Hey have you heard from Dave, I asked about crashing at him place, but haven't got a reply back.


BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-27 13:47:04


Asphalt pounding is rough in the summer. Prepare to be very sweaty!


"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-28 11:22:54


I could have come to this if I saw the post early! Sad face.

-Jake


BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-28 15:10:14


At 3/28/13 03:07 PM, Bees wrote: going

Please.


.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-03-28 15:31:28


sign me up


Check out the game i'm working on

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-02 07:23:09


Looks like Dave's place isn't opened for crashing at, thus coming to New York won't happen for me, unless some housing opens up for me, but it's sad. Last year was fun.


BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-02 22:34:08


How much is recommended that we bring for activities? I know that not much about the NG NYC meet is set in stone, but any approximation is greatly appreciated.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 02:57:13


Wish i could go. Oh well.


<---P R E S E N T D A Y

P R E S E N T T I M E--->

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 03:03:13


I wish there was a California meet in someone's basement, that'd be rad


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 03:04:15


At 4/3/13 03:03 AM, Boomstick wrote: I wish there was a California meet in someone's basement, that'd be rad

We aren't all basement dwellers like you.


<---P R E S E N T D A Y

P R E S E N T T I M E--->

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 03:35:24


At 4/3/13 03:04 AM, ScarletVelvet wrote:
At 4/3/13 03:03 AM, Boomstick wrote: I wish there was a California meet in someone's basement, that'd be rad
We aren't all basement dwellers like you.

Look who's talking.

New York City Meet-up 2013


I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 10:22:39


lazertag on friday? anyone?


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 17:05:26


At 4/3/13 10:22 AM, Sequenced wrote: lazertag on friday? anyone?

Something tells me Friday isn't the best day for it.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-03 17:06:50


At 4/3/13 05:05 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 4/3/13 10:22 AM, Sequenced wrote: lazertag on friday? anyone?
Something tells me Friday isn't the best day for it.

I don't care what day it is bring on the laser tag!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-08 15:36:36


i might be able to hang out one fo the two days that weekend but i cant have anyone crash at my place really that weekend.. That weekend i have 2 studio recordings to get done in long island and having people stay with me will complicate that severely.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-08 16:04:19


At 4/3/13 05:06 PM, 372 wrote:
At 4/3/13 05:05 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 4/3/13 10:22 AM, Sequenced wrote: lazertag on friday? anyone?
Something tells me Friday isn't the best day for it.
I don't care what day it is bring on the laser tag!

well, that's two of us then. :3


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-08 18:30:01


Huh. Sounds interesting.


happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-09 15:10:31


At 3/24/13 04:38 PM, Sequenced wrote:
When I met Quarl last year, we were practically best friends.

Naawwwww, I'm just super friendly. First time I met Echoz I sucked her dick.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-09 17:57:05


At 4/9/13 03:10 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 3/24/13 04:38 PM, Sequenced wrote:
When I met Quarl last year, we were practically best friends.
Naawwwww, I'm just super friendly. First time I met Echoz I sucked her dick.

YOU LIE TO ME


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-10 23:08:02


Was there for the 2010 and 2011 meetups when I lived in NYC, and was very bummed when I could not make it to the 2012 meetup due to living in Houston now. Hopefully Gory still has that wonderful long hair and Tom still has that repulsed look on his face when he meets us.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-10 23:48:08


At 4/10/13 11:08 PM, nuhvok01 wrote: Was there for the 2010 and 2011 meetups when I lived in NYC, and was very bummed when I could not make it to the 2012 meetup due to living in Houston now. Hopefully Gory still has that wonderful long hair and Tom still has that repulsed look on his face when he meets us.

gory looks like neo now


lel

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2013 2013-04-11 06:16:51


At 4/10/13 11:08 PM, nuhvok01 wrote: Was there for the 2010 and 2011 meetups when I lived in NYC, and was very bummed when I could not make it to the 2012 meetup due to living in Houston now. Hopefully Gory still has that wonderful long hair and Tom still has that repulsed look on his face when he meets us.

I remember you. I read an AM New York article a little while ago that a lot of NYers have been moving to Texas like it's some big recent trend, and that kind of puzzled me because I'm not dependent on anyone moving there, nor do I wish to move there full-time. If you could make it again to the meet this year despite living in Houston, that would be cool. If you can't, I completely understand.

However, I got my long hair cut on September 24, 2012. It was one of the toughest decisions I've had to make, but too many employers hate guys with long hair that they've never seen before.

Also, I'm planning on putting up more details on the meet itinerary on Facebook either this afternoon or Friday. As much as I liked smoking in Cozy Cafe for the past 2 years, I want to try out a new place that's hopefully bigger, and if weather permits, we could end up in Brooklyn.


Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature