00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Battlefield 4

9,782 Views | 149 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-11-23 12:05:33

At 11/23/13 11:15 AM, Rucklo wrote: Karl Magnus Troedsson

That's one fucking badass name.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-11-26 14:02:45

Getting it with my PS4 in a couple of days, can't wait. The game shop have promised me a limited edition as well :D

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-11-28 14:58:48

i never thought i would catch myself saying this but on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad or good is origin as a digital platform right now?

i played the hell out of bad company 2 and only got the bf3 campaign on a pirated version of the game i deleted a week later but there are some additions that actually look interesting in bf4's multiplayer this time around

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-11-29 19:17:08

got my hands on Battlefield 4 for the PS3 in the midst of the black friday chaos. the campaign had my interest up until this visual bug hit me. i was practically blind and unable to move anywhere, and by then i had shut the console off. i was having a good time, but now i am disappointed.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-11-29 19:39:27

Just bought it for $25 on Amazon last night.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-01 20:32:23

Well I'm getting rid of my Xbox One so I bought the PC version for $32. I expect to do much shittier on PC.

Final console Battlelog. .. so close to 50.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-01 23:28:20

Do we even have a Newgrounds "clan" kind of thing going on Battlefield 4? I play PC btw

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 00:01:11

Oh yes, solid 60fps on High with no stuttering. I was a little scared after the Beta issues.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 04:12:59

At 12/1/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Well I'm getting rid of my Xbox One so I bought the PC version for $32. I expect to do much shittier on PC.

How come you decided to get rid of it?

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 04:46:58

At 12/2/13 04:12 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 12/1/13 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote: Well I'm getting rid of my Xbox One so I bought the PC version for $32. I expect to do much shittier on PC.

I can't afford to keep it. I'm not sure I'll even get another one... probably will... in February or March.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 09:24:22

How could Dice honestly think removing squad party mode from the main menu was a good idea..

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 10:19:48

At 12/2/13 04:46 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 12/2/13 04:12 AM, Snuff wrote:
I can't afford to keep it. I'm not sure I'll even get another one... probably will... in February or March.

You mean you need the money from selling it or you can't afford the LIVE or w/e?

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 12:21:27

I can't wait to play this game.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-02 17:38:25

At 12/2/13 10:19 AM, Snuff wrote: You mean you need the money from selling it or you can't afford the LIVE or w/e?

The FIRST one.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 14:38:22

I'll admit, the China Rising trailer is pretty neat. Dat helicopter-only match at the very end interests me, as well.

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 14:43:27

So, I was trying to play BF4 with a friend last night. I would join a server, and she would click on the "Play/Join/whateveritis" button that shows up on the friends list. I would load into the game, and as soon as she would load into the game after me, the game would boot me out of the server and back to battle log.

At first I thought I was getting admin kicked for "high ping" or something. But this happened on 5 different servers in a row. Every time she would load into the game, I would get kicked out of it.

Like... I knew the game was buggy, but to be so buggy to not be able to play with a friend? Like... come on.

I spent all of BF3 playing alone because the people I wanted to play with wanted to play Co-op, but we could never play that together, one of us would load in, then the other would disconnect, then the game would decide that while both of us were out of the game and just on battlelog we were actually apparently in game playing together, so after a single try, we wouldn't be able to invite or play together anymore.

This is very annoying.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 16:31:51

I lied... the game simply won't let me play, doesn't matter the server I join, the match type, amount of players, I've tried just about everything, the game loads, then boots me right back out a few seconds after I get the deployment screen.

This sucks ass. Off to support!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 16:54:44

At 12/3/13 04:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I lied... the game simply won't let me play, doesn't matter the server I join, the match type, amount of players, I've tried just about everything, the game loads, then boots me right back out a few seconds after I get the deployment screen.

Did you get the update that came out last night?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 17:04:44

At 12/3/13 04:54 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 12/3/13 04:31 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I lied... the game simply won't let me play, doesn't matter the server I join, the match type, amount of players, I've tried just about everything, the game loads, then boots me right back out a few seconds after I get the deployment screen.

Did you get the update that came out last night?

Yes.

I haven't played in a while, so I can't be sure that update is what killed the game for me. Either way, I've done everything I can think of to try get the game to work again, nothing's working. Game loads, game quits. It has become literally unplayable.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 17:18:46

So I pre ordered the game for PS4 and was promised the China Rising expansion from Amazon, yet no E-mail or code with the game, This happen to anybody else?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 17:36:29

At 12/3/13 05:18 PM, darkjam wrote: So I pre ordered the game for PS4 and was promised the China Rising expansion from Amazon, yet no E-mail or code with the game, This happen to anybody else?

Probably has something to do with the ridiculous amounts of problems they're having with the new patch/DLC. I was just reading an article on IGN about them delaying the patch for PS4 because of the issues.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 17:57:16

At 12/3/13 02:38 PM, Klobb17 wrote: I'll admit, the China Rising trailer is pretty neat. Dat helicopter-only match at the very end interests me, as well.

The Chinese are definitely the more badass in this game.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 20:16:43

Geez, I'd sure like to play this game, but apparently it gets to decide when I can play it. This thing is crashing on me multiple times a day in MP and corrupts the save on Single player so my brother can't even play the campaign.

So I paid for 1/2 a game and the half that works, still crashes like a Boston train wreck. Fantastic.

fuck, I should've just gone with CoD, at least the damn thing works.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-03 20:22:39

At 12/3/13 08:16 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: Geez, I'd sure like to play this game, but apparently it gets to decide when I can play it. This thing is crashing on me multiple times a day in MP and corrupts the save on Single player so my brother can't even play the campaign.

So I paid for 1/2 a game and the half that works, still crashes like a Boston train wreck. Fantastic.
fuck, I should've just gone with CoD, at least the damn thing works.

It wouldn't be so bad if the patches they released actually made the game better... but honestly, I think since beta, it's been getting worse and worse with every patch. I didn't have practically any problems in beta, and each time they release a patch, it's riddled with even more bugs.

DICE, you're doing it wrong... You're supposed to patch bugs OUT, not IN.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-04 06:23:57

Well after a few hours on PC I've confirmed I enjoy playing this on a console 100x more. I'm having one of the worst experiences playing a multiplayer game with this... fucking waste of money. And not because of bugs or anything. It's the people and the servers. They all fucking suck.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-04 13:03:52

At 12/3/13 05:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Probably has something to do with the ridiculous amounts of problems they're having with the new patch/DLC. I was just reading an article on IGN about them delaying the patch for PS4 because of the issues.

Great.....what is up with all these bugs though? They couldn't just delay the game?

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-04 14:15:11

At 12/4/13 01:03 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/3/13 05:36 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Probably has something to do with the ridiculous amounts of problems they're having with the new patch/DLC. I was just reading an article on IGN about them delaying the patch for PS4 because of the issues.
Great.....what is up with all these bugs though? They couldn't just delay the game?

EA is the Publisher. You know... "Worst Company of 2013" EA.

I thought EA was starting to improve in the face of the competition from Activision... buuuuuut... I guess they decided not to take the time and effort to be the "bigger man" and try to satisfy customers instead of sate their own greed.

On the note of bugs though, I did finally manage to get the game working again, I had to go into Origin and use the "Repair Install" option on the game, which downloaded 885 MB of missing files or something. After that had installed, I could actually play the game again.

However, the game still crashes/freezes on a fairly regular basis. I consider myself lucky when I manage to finish a full game.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-04 15:12:06

At 12/4/13 02:15 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:

I know, why couldn't they just tell DICE or even DICE ask to delay it.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-04 15:20:24

At 12/4/13 03:12 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 12/4/13 02:15 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
I know, why couldn't they just tell DICE or even DICE ask to delay it.

That's kind of the point of why EA was voted worst company, they push games out before they're ready to rather beat the competition, or start cash flow as early as possible. EA would never allow a AAA game to be delayed to work out bugs or whatever... that's loss of revenue for them... And that's why everyone hates them.

Really, this whole situation isn't DICE's fault, I'm sure if they were given the option, they would have taken more time to improve the game. But if your publisher tells you to get the game out onto shelves on a certain date, they kind of have to get the game out on shelves by that date.

This is why the indie developer scene has been blowing up in recent years, because they don't have publishers pushing them to release unfinished games or pushing them to create another generic Call of Duty or Guitar Hero or any number of the sports games that are on the shelves in favor of doing "something that works", and as such are more able to fulfill their goals for what they want in their game... But that's a bit off topic for this thread, so I'll save that discussion for another day.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 4 2013-12-18 18:55:15

Is it me or the blast radius for the grenades are unpredictable as shit? No matter how far I get away from them I either die in a blink of an eye or my health percentage is cut down to 20% or lower.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature