00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

All Nighter

1,571 Views | 24 Replies

All Nighter 2013-03-20 04:40:54

I feel like pulling an All Nighter even though I know it can't be good for my health.

I pulled an All-Nighter LAST night and haven't had any sleep for at least 25 hours, but alas, I'm wide awake. I know I'm going to regret staying awake when I finally do get some sleep, since most of the time the tired feeling doesn't hit me until I do get some shut eye.

Screw it, I always wanted to know how long the human body could last without sleep - So I'm staying up. 8D

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 04:51:22

I think the longest a human has gone without sleep is 10 or 11 days or something like that. Anything beyond and you're dead.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 04:53:17

There's no adverse effects when you wake up, but staying up means your immune system is somewhat weaker... So yeah, you could die if you get some e. coli on your eyes or something.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 05:11:11

Get some 5 hour energy for only 2.99.

I like to think of myself as a animator, but really I don't do shit.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 05:12:07

At 3/20/13 05:11 AM, FactorySteel wrote: Get some 5 hour energy for only 2.99.

Great Idea! Going to the store will keep me awake.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 05:38:16

I hope you get some really cool hallucinations, mang.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 05:51:34

Used to do this all the time. It's good once in a while. Do it. Nothing better than seeing the sun rise while you comput in my opinion.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 05:53:57

At 3/20/13 05:51 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Used to do this all the time. It's good once in a while. Do it. Nothing better than seeing the sun rise while you comput in my opinion.

Computed. I'm starting to get sleepy as fuck though - Need more root beer.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 06:37:17

At 3/20/13 04:40 AM, CresIsis wrote: Screw it, I always wanted to know how long the human body could last without sleep - So I'm staying up. 8D

The human body can manage a week at least, but it can't be good for you.

I usually only pull all-nighters each New Year.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 06:47:25

I haven't pulled an all nighter in a while. Though in all fairness, I haven't really thought that they were cool since middle school. Nowadays, if I stay up all night, it's because I was having fun with friends and didn't get tired.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 07:09:44

I did about 36 hours at university once and I remember coming home stoned and drunk and actually hallucinating and having no idea where I was, I could only get home because I had an intuitive sense of how to get home.

It's not big and it's not clever but I did it

I also pulled all nighters in high school, staying up until stupid o'clock doing impossible GCSE coursework, but I just skipped school the next day

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 09:28:46

To be honest, I've rarely stayed awake all night. I remember in high school me and my friends had nights where we did a Band of Brothers marathon (from 22:00 to around 10:00 the next day) and had New Years parties until the early morning and things like that. However, I usually still try to sneak in bed though, even if it's already like 8:00 in the morning. I just feel a lot better after I've gotten some sleep.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 09:33:26

At 3/20/13 04:51 AM, Mismo wrote: I think the longest a human has gone without sleep is 10 or 11 days or something like that. Anything beyond and you're dead.

Yeah, you start to hallucinate and other things after around the fifth day I think. They had it documented somewhere, but I don't remember where.

The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 09:51:45

Okay, if you don't have anything important to do in the next days, try to break the record (11 days).
Nah, actually you won't be able to do it alone, since it won't be official if it's not documented.
You could still try to beat your personal record.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 10:15:41

I wanna say the longest I've stayed up is now roughly....50 or so hours. And that without the assistance of caffeinated shit.

At 3/20/13 04:51 AM, Mismo wrote: I think the longest a human has gone without sleep is 10 or 11 days or something like that. Anything beyond and you're dead.

Indeed it is. And the person who set the record nearly died afterwards.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 10:51:44

The official record is 11 days. I've read somewhere that after eight days with no sleep, your are declared as clinically insane until you sleep again, I can't seem to find a source on that though.

Regardless, after two days without sleep, the body really starts shutting down. Memory function loss, and increase in stress hormones is normal. When you're sleeping the body starts repairing damaged brain cells amongst other things, lack of sleep and increased stress is stopping that process. Thought the effect is temporary, it could take up to two weeks before the body is fully restored. In the mean time, your brain will work harder to compensate.

Of course, these are effects of course only after a few days without sleep, I don't believe 24 hours without sleep on its own ever hurt anyone.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 12:27:33

From what I've seen, a lot of people say that after three days they start hallucinating.

try it

;333333333

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 13:37:20

At 3/20/13 12:40 PM, Xenomit wrote: I have really bad insomnia

All nighters are pretty much all I do half the time

How about all dayers?

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 13:42:24

Do you have work to do or something? Otherwise that's kinda pointless.

Also, my longest time awake was roughly 40 hours, for senior trip to Disney. Woke up at 10am Sunday and didn't go to bed until 1AM Tuesday. Early flight and such.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 13:43:42

At 3/20/13 10:15 AM, Viper50 wrote:
Indeed it is. And the person who set the record nearly died afterwards.

If by "nearly died", you mean fell asleep, then yes that's correct.

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 14:00:52

At 3/20/13 01:40 PM, Xenomit wrote: I randomly fall asleep throughout both the day and night, depending on where I am and what I'm doing. If I'm laid up on my bed watching tv, I might just randomly fall into a deep sleep, and if I'm on a bus, I might just kinda doze off into a light cat-nap.

I was thinking since you don't sleep at night, maybe you just have messed up sleeping routines, IOW sleep in day instead of night. As for TV, I get so focused myself I couldn't possible doze off when I watch something, that's quite a skill. Now books, those are super-effective sleeping pills.

I finally got some pills that suppress it though, I take a few when I'm ready to go to sleep and it knocks me out cold.

Sounds healthy. :/

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 14:15:08

At 3/20/13 02:02 PM, Xenomit wrote: Which sounds healthier to you?

Pills, definitely. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an alternative route though.

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 15:04:10

Don't worry guys, I pussied out and fell asleep a few hours ago.

I started feeling really drowsy and knew I had better get some sleep or reap the consequences.

All Nighter

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 15:19:32

At 3/20/13 04:55 AM, BigBadtheBazz wrote: I pulled an all nighter once. I died.

YAY! Another undead guy! I'm not alone any more!

A friend of mine once managed to stay up for 4 days in a row, and afterwards he slept 4 days straight through.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to All Nighter 2013-03-20 16:08:11

At 3/20/13 01:43 PM, Dragen wrote: If by "nearly died", you mean fell asleep, then yes that's correct.

No...."nearly died" means nearly died.
You can't just stay up that long without having terrible repercussions in regards to your health.
But by all means stay up that long to prove me wrong.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature