00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you a fan of Michael Jackson?

2,506 Views | 50 Replies

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-16 23:40:31

meh not really, some songs are okay.

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-16 23:45:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRqYVFr7sL4

RIP RIP RIP

MJ was amazing back in the day and the only thing he was guilty of was having a pretty fucked up childhood which warped him into the confused adult we sadly remember him as now.

Awesome awesome musician though and a giant loss, just as Elvis was, John Lennon, Freddie Mercury :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-16 23:48:10

At 3/16/13 08:32 PM, Crazywill wrote: Michael Jackson is okay. I like Thriller, Smooth Criminal, Don't Stop Till you Get Enough, and that one song where he sings about making the world a better place.

Heal the World! :)

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 00:35:06

At 3/16/13 04:45 PM, ChloBro wrote:
The first accuser killed himself 4 days after Michael Jackson died. He was an obsessive, and probably thought his lie would finally be brought to light. You are wrong, and watch too much Southpark.
Southpark.

Ironically enough, South Park ridiculed the people who made the molestation accusations (sort of).

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 02:47:58

I really like his music. They are so unique.

Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 03:33:30

Used to hate him, but it's a tie between Ghost and Smooth Criminal.

Streaming, music making, etc.

I'm on Twitch, Bandcamp, Youtube, and Twitter

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 03:37:16

At 3/17/13 03:33 AM, soulblud wrote: Used to hate him, but it's a tie between Ghost and Smooth Criminal.

Why did you hate him?

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 12:37:33

Glad to see there are retarded people on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 13:21:40

At 3/16/13 11:45 PM, Gagsy wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRqYVFr7sL4

Wow, that's a deep song. On the day he died, I drove home from my then-girlfriend's and had to pull over, as "I just can't stop loving you" came on the stereo and I couldn't see for the tears.

RIP RIP RIP

Indeed.

MJ was amazing back in the day and the only thing he was guilty of was having a pretty fucked up childhood which warped him into the confused adult we sadly remember him as now.

Again, I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. He never had a traditional childhood, so when he tried to cut loose and do the things that we don't think are a problem for our own children to do with their peers, people were going to raise eyebrows.

Awesome awesome musician though and a giant loss, just as Elvis was, John Lennon, Freddie Mercury :(

I only have one Elvis song on my iPod, Freddie Mercury was awesome and John Lennon was only the second most talented musician in The Beatles, behind George Harrison. You heard it here first.

Oh and as for my favourite song? Jeeze, where can I possibly begin? Ben was probably the earliest song of his that I liked, though perhaps Rockin' Robin was up there as well. Blame it on the Boogie from the Jacksons was pretty great as well.

Then you move onto the later stuff, the tunes that were around when I was born and into my childhood. Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It - all iconic, all part of the seven singles from the greatest album of all time.

Bad produced Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal, but the best tune and possibly his magnum opus was Man In The Mirror, as it always makes me stop and think for a while, even as I belt it out on the karaoke stage.

Dangerous gave us Black and White and Heal the World - another tune in a similar vein to Man in the Mirror, but something that appeals more to my dad than I. The best track on that album for me has to be Jam, mainly because I mastered the rap on that, before the tape got chewed up by our stereo - fortunately I have a better copy now.

HIStory gave us Scream and Stranger in Moscow, plus another number 1 in You Are Not Alone - I wasn't such a fan of the dress. Childhood had me asking a few questions about Michael's apparent lack of one that I alluded to earlier in this post, but there was still more to come.

Blood On The Dance Floor gave us a decent title track, but little else to show for it. Morphine starts the documentation of his struggles, which few of us saw until it was sadly too late for him.

Invincible went on to prove that he really was not, but not before You Rock My World and Hearbreaker, both tunes, which flick a switch in my psyche, allowing me to get out there and express myself. After all of that, I still don't own a copy of Michael, but I will at some stage. It's been nearly four years since he left us, yet I remain grateful to him in structuring my musical development, as I have always had a place close to me for the great vocalists, such as Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, MeatLoaf and Bruce Dickinson, to name but a few from my personal collection.

He said it best - if you wanna make the world a batter place, take a look at yourself and make a change.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 14:04:34

At 3/17/13 01:21 PM, Coop wrote:
Wow, that's a deep song. On the day he died, I drove home from my then-girlfriend's and had to pull over, as "I just can't stop loving you" came on the stereo and I couldn't see for the tears.

I don't think I cried but I know I very upset by the news, especially as I had tickets to go see him at the O2. I can't tell you how excited I was about that before he passed away :(

But yeah that song. It never used to be my favourite, Beat Up had the number 1 in my heart but then one day I just listened to it properly and god its just so beautiful. I love every single aspect of that song. Not just my ultimate favourite MJ song but one of my very favourite songs that I will listen to every single time it comes on. I got it played once on the radio, that was a good day.

Again, I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. He never had a traditional childhood, so when he tried to cut loose and do the things that we don't think are a problem for our own children to do with their peers, people were going to raise eyebrows.

Yeah and with the constant media attention on him every hour of the day, he had no freedom to venture out and grow any differently. He was trapped by them and by his past. It was very tragic really and I don't have time for people who think differently.

I only have one Elvis song on my iPod, Freddie Mercury was awesome and John Lennon was only the second most talented musician in The Beatles, behind George Harrison. You heard it here first.

I didn't hear it here first Mr Coop! I always proclaim George Harrison as my favourite Beatles actually. Writing the song 'Something' has a lot to do with that.

Oh and as for my favourite song? Jeeze, where can I possibly begin? Ben was probably the earliest song of his that I liked, though perhaps Rockin' Robin was up there as well. Blame it on the Boogie from the Jacksons was pretty great as well.

If we're picking favourite Jacksons songs while we're here (cannot resist), then there is only one for me - Lookin' Through The Window. I mean just listen to him. Its actually ridiculous how fantastic his voice was aged 13. It makes no logical sense really.

That is technically Jackson Five though, so as for THE Jacksons, well - Can You Feel It.

He said it best - if you wanna make the world a batter place, take a look at yourself and make a change.

I thoroughly enjoyed going through this post and smiling remember certain songs that don't straight away come to my mind when I think of Michael Jackson :) I think I have some intensive listening to do later.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 16:08:46

He was a pretty good artist, not exactly my thing, but I respect him and his work.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 17:20:46

At 3/17/13 02:04 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 3/17/13 01:21 PM, Coop wrote: Wow, that's a deep song. On the day he died, I drove home from my then-girlfriend's and had to pull over, as "I just can't stop loving you" came on the stereo and I couldn't see for the tears.
I don't think I cried but I know I very upset by the news, especially as I had tickets to go see him at the O2. I can't tell you how excited I was about that before he passed away :(

I'd heard on the morning after, as it was overnight when it happened, but when I heard on the morning, I was stunned. Went over to see Bex in the evening after work and it was on the way home, that the song came on (my iPod has a sense of timing / humour), so I let my emotion out.

But yeah that song. It never used to be my favourite, Beat Up had the number 1 in my heart but then one day I just listened to it properly and god its just so beautiful. I love every single aspect of that song. Not just my ultimate favourite MJ song but one of my very favourite songs that I will listen to every single time it comes on. I got it played once on the radio, that was a good day.

One of the good things about the radio stations that we listen to at work, they occasionally put Man in the Mirror on. A shame for my colleagues, because they get no work out of me for 6-7 minutes, as I sing :P

Yeah and with the constant media attention on him every hour of the day, he had no freedom to venture out and grow any differently. He was trapped by them and by his past. It was very tragic really and I don't have time for people who think differently.

It seems like no-one in authority realised this and the media just looked down their noses at him for it. Bastards.

I didn't hear it here first Mr Coop! I always proclaim George Harrison as my favourite Beatles actually. Writing the song 'Something' has a lot to do with that.

Something is good, but I have a soft spot for While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Old Brown Shoe.

If we're picking favourite Jacksons songs while we're here (cannot resist), then there is only one for me - Lookin' Through The Window. I mean just listen to him. Its actually ridiculous how fantastic his voice was aged 13. It makes no logical sense really.

Why not? You use your voice most days of your life and with 13 years of practice, you should be able to sing well, especially with the training that he received.

I thoroughly enjoyed going through this post and smiling remember certain songs that don't straight away come to my mind when I think of Michael Jackson :) I think I have some intensive listening to do later.

Well, if you want to talk more Michael, you know where to find me - he's an inspiration to me.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 23:19:48

Meh. He's okay, I guess, but not really my tastes... Though, I guess "Beat it" wasn't bad.

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 23:43:55

Not really a fan and I'm one of those people who would make pedophilia jokes about him even though it's starting to become clear that he didn't do it, but you have to admit, his behavior doesn't help but I'd blame Joe Jackson for that.

I enjoy his songs and acknowledge that he's a talented entertainer, but when it comes to his works, I do believe that people fell for the cliche that he coasted on "Thriller" and nothing else. I mean seriously, the U.S. album sales of "Dangerous" would have made a career for many music artists and it's a catchy album (though it gets repetitive).

The recent issue I have is his album "Invincible" which I felt was underrated. But ever since his death, it quickly became overrated as hell, I mean voted as the album of 2000s? Where the heck were you people when the album came out in 2001?

Some support.

Pretty young thing...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 23:48:50

Number 7 on my top 10 list of favorite paedophiles.

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-17 23:54:10

At 3/17/13 05:20 PM, Coop wrote:
I'd heard on the morning after, as it was overnight when it happened, but when I heard on the morning, I was stunned. Went over to see Bex in the evening after work and it was on the way home, that the song came on (my iPod has a sense of timing / humour), so I let my emotion out.

Aw Coop <3

It was one of those events wasn't it where you always remember where you were when you heard the news. Like when Princess Diana died and of course 9/11.

I was at work at the time (night owl) and I got a call from one of our drivers affectionately called Tin Tin and he just said that Michael Jackson had died and this guy is a joker and liar at times so naturally I was like nahhhh shut up but I put on the radio and checked the news via google and I was just shocked.

One of the good things about the radio stations that we listen to at work, they occasionally put Man in the Mirror on. A shame for my colleagues, because they get no work out of me for 6-7 minutes, as I sing :P

Haha. I have the horrible habit of doing this now, which is probably good that I mostly work on my own overnight. I get the radio on loud and I will just belt out a string of poorly tuned lyrics. I listen to magic and smooth a lot cause I'm basically 60 years old and they tend to play Man in the Mirror more often than the rest of his work.

It seems like no-one in authority realised this and the media just looked down their noses at him for it. Bastards.

Sadly it wasn't the first life they've ruined and won't be the last. All us regular joes dream of a life in the limelight every now and then but imagine every single detail of your life being analysed, cameras flashing at you every moment you stepped out your front door, people flocking to you when they see you in public, zero privacy. It must be a pretty lonely life and even more so for a guy already messed up from his childhood.

Something is good, but I have a soft spot for While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Old Brown Shoe.

I honestly don't know the second. I shall have a listen! But yeah Something may be my favourite love song ever, and when Frank Sinatra called it the greatest one you know that its pretty special.

Why not? You use your voice most days of your life and with 13 years of practice, you should be able to sing well, especially with the training that he received.

I'm trying to big up his amazing singing talent!

Well, if you want to talk more Michael, you know where to find me - he's an inspiration to me.

I don't think I've ever considered any musician an inspiration to me. Though come back and see me when Matt Bellamy dies. But yeah Michael Jackson was something incredible alright.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-18 00:09:03

At 3/16/13 04:35 PM, ChloBro wrote: If so, what's your favorite song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUi_S6YWjZw

Yes, I'm a HUGE Michael Jackson fan! Sometimes it's really scary lol My favorite song is his version of Smile, but Smooth Criminal is my favorite video. He just looks so darn cool in that white suit :3

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-18 00:12:10

Speed Demon.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-18 00:20:46

Not a die hard fan but I do enjoy me some thriller, Bad, and Smooth Criminal

Especially when mashed up with Sonic 3 songs

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-18 01:37:30

At 3/18/13 12:12 AM, kisame wrote: Speed Demon.

This is underrated song, I feel

Response to Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? 2013-03-18 09:28:54

Would any of you let your children sip of the 'magic juice' and then spend the night in his bed? I know I would!

I tried, later then.