00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De

1,812 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Trying out low poly sci-fi city buildings for the first time.z

View in 360 degree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbNUnqi9pew&list=UU-3gl5xamO Tw4p5cXdlZnuA&index=1

About me:
3D Artist for game design and development.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Response to 3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De 2013-03-16 12:07:33

At 3/15/13 10:45 PM, Angryfly wrote: Trying out low poly sci-fi city buildings for the first time.z

View in 360 degree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbNUnqi9pew&list=UU-3gl5xamO Tw4p5cXdlZnuA&index=1

About me:
3D Artist for game design and development.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Superb looking. How about showing us map breakdown and wiremesh view? Giving us a count in tri's. These are show reel factors which we take into concern when viewing a 3d artists work. :) I've seen people say "oh it's low poly", then the count is like 15000 quads.

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De 2013-03-16 12:28:03

I think its a very cool design, but my question is does it function?
to know if it functions you first have to know what kinda building is it, and what do those kind of building need?
to me this looks like a futuristic office building. it would atleast need a door so it can be entered, and maybe a docking station for ships(since its sci fi). a area where bigger virackles can drop resources.
and i'd like to know what those spikes on th top are?

Click on the sig!

Or my thread

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De 2013-03-16 20:51:08

Hey thats a pretty sweet model. Could you post a couple high resolution, high quality renders so i can really see all the awesome details. Could you also post pics of your maps, id live to see how you layed it out. Really excellent job man
One crit thoug, its mostly about presentation though, but when you have it all stand alone likr that it feels mor like a minature rather than a full on building.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to 3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De 2013-03-18 21:55:42

I thought about adding wiremesh and poly count, texture size, etc..
But it makes it difficult for me, and time consuming.
For more technical information of the models I posted the link in description of youtube video.

Response to 3d Sci-fi City Building For Game De 2013-03-18 21:57:46

I appreciate for all the comments, and Its all been taken for consideration for my next building pack.
Thanks.