00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Weed for anxioty

4,314 Views | 66 Replies

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:47:16

At 3/12/13 04:10 PM, TheColourAwesome2 wrote: I never said that fella. I don't do anything to fit in with anybody. I said it was unusual for a teenager to be completely sober at all times. That's what I've heard. It doesn't mean I want to smoke to fit in. It means I want to smoke because I feel awful all the time.

Most of the teenagers I know are sober most of the time, but anyway try not to smoke too much otherwise youll feel just as awful lol

At 3/12/13 08:30 PM, AnonymousOfCali wrote: i do declare

weed only makes me FREAK THE FUUUCK out when I smoke it so therefore weed/=anti-anxiety

ONLY in large amounts though. If just like 3 tokes of some decent weed I'll have a great time

when did you come back lol

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:47:17

I personally don't think there's anything too wrong with weed.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:48:15

Anything you smoke is bad for your lungs.

Potheads tout THCs anti-cancer properties while not realizing that doesn't even come near to touching the various carcinogens released when you burn it. So yeah, it's better than smoking cigarettes, but it's still stupid.

Secondly, it affects short term memory. This is why potheads are very forgetful, and can't always maintain a conversation...or even recall a phone number they JUST looked up.

Thirdly, it demotivates you. Potheads often tout that doctors and lawyers and other successful people smoke pot. This statement is true, but is only a half-truth. They fail to realize that firstly, these people don't smoke it as much as your average pothead. Secondly, these people are smart enough to pull it off. And finally that these people aren't average potheads, as your average pothead works a dead-end job flipping burgers and taking out the trash.

Of special consideration is also that it has bad effects on the developing brain. If you aren't 20 yet you should avoid it at all costs...no worries, there are still plenty of years to burn those braincells after that point if you want to try it then. But give the poor organ a fighting chance.

I have smoked pot myself for many years. Laid off it when I got serious about school and my GPA went from 2.0 to 3.85. Of the 40 or so people I hung around with back home who were potheads, only TWO of them are successful now...and one of them had to lay off it completely to do so. All the others are doing the exact same thing they were in high school, a majority of them still living with their freaking parents.

That's not to say that pot itself is responsible. Remember after all the Doctors and Lawyers, yada yada yada. It's not so much that pot inherently makes you worthless.

It's that worthless people tend to smoke pot.

Copied and pasted off yahoo answers

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:48:46

At 3/12/13 08:44 PM, Ononymous wrote: A reminder to stoners that they are responsible for raised crime rates.

>2011 + 2
>posting quentin comics
Exactly how new are you?

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:50:33

At 3/12/13 08:48 PM, Stretchysumo wrote:
At 3/12/13 08:44 PM, Ononymous wrote: A reminder to stoners that they are responsible for raised crime rates.
>2011 + 2
>posting quentin comics
Exactly how new are you?

>2012
>help, I'm stuck

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:53:41

At 3/12/13 08:53 PM, notYert wrote:
At 3/12/13 08:48 PM, YellowisCOOL wrote: Copied and pasted off yahoo answers
so are you some anti-drug mongoloid or something

Yes.

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:54:38

I have never smoked weed. Most of the people I know at school do.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:56:15

Quentin shall teach you how to comport yourselves stoners.

Weed for anxioty

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:58:38

did you just compare smoking weed to murder, rape and ..... genocide?

Weed for anxioty

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:58:47

If you want to smoke weed wait until you're older and your body has stopped developing, so like 24. In the meantime take salt baths, burn incense, pay for massages (whole hell of a lot cheaper than weed), go on nature walks, fish, etc.

No need to get hooked on any kind of substance while you're young.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 20:59:16

At 3/12/13 06:21 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: Interesting thread, I too get anxiety, but only when out in public. I tend to worry about my words, and get paranoia. Like "everyone's looking at me"

So, now I use it less. Mostly after work and a couple of beers. With my friends, and a small group though. Everything is just fine, fwi I started smoking at 13

I don't know if weed CAUSES anxiety, but either way I wouldn't recommend it. Social anxiety can make you freeze up in public and make you try to perfect your words in order to prevent people from getting the wrong idea. For me it just took practice and motivation from role models, and now I talk better than most people in public, but the second you tell yourself "oh my god I have anxiety" you're done. You can't have a depressive perspective, you gotta be positive. That really goes for anything in life.

Most of my anxiety is just a bunch of silly rituals and superstitions that really don't make sense. It bothers me a lot.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:01:40

At 3/12/13 08:58 PM, 372 wrote:

Yes, the smoking of weed is a criminal act which funds and supports criminals.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:08:03

I smoked occasionally before uni and enjoyed getting high. Carried on in uni until I had a horrible panic attack (which I didn't even know could happen, I guess not knowing made it 100x worse because I didn't understand what was happening). Since then every time I smoke (which isn't that often at all anymore) i'm always a bit anxious it will happen again (and it has, but only once since the first time). I don't really enjoy smoking weed like I did before because the fear of another panic attack is always on my mind, and that fear is made worse by the weed.

give it a try but I doubt it will make your anxiety any better

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:10:15

At 3/12/13 08:58 PM, Saen wrote: No need to get hooked on any kind of substance while you're young.

This is sound advice.

Also, marijuana can definitely be a gateway drug. It was for me and all of my friends; and the substances we moved on to were not things that people in their late teens should be forming habits around. Thankfully, for the most part, my close friends and I have moved out of such habits... though this was a very prolonged, painful process.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:14:32

If you don't grow your own, or know the person who does then guess what, slick?

I tried, later then.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:14:53

At 3/12/13 03:59 PM, TheColourAwesome wrote: Pros, Cons?

Pro: Weed mightrelax you.
Con: Weed might fuck you up worse, andyou now have something to hide from the police.

I'm a teenager so I think it's pretty strange I haven't been smoking weed anyway.

Simply the most retarded thing I've read all day.

Weed will not fix anxiety problems. The best it will ever do is give you a temporary obliviousness during which you are also rendered incapable of doing other things without fucking everything up.
If you have anxiety problems, the solution is to fix whatever is causing your anxiety, not start experimenting with herbs while ignoring the actual problem.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:16:43

It's not so much that weed itself is a gateway drug, but the community of smokers who do other things, and realizing that you've been lied to about drugs your whole life. Really any and every drug can be considered a gateway drug. If weed were legal and schools stopped lying to us, I guarantee many less people would branch out.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:17:29

If one experiences anxiety when they stop smoking weed, but they didn't experience it when they first started smoking weed, that sounds like withdrawl.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:26:30

At 3/12/13 09:16 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: It's not so much that weed itself is a gateway drug, but the community of smokers who do other things, and realizing that you've been lied to about drugs your whole life. Really any and every drug can be considered a gateway drug.

Right. So, in other words, smoking weed can lead to doing much worse things. It did for me, but it might not for other people.

As for other drugs acting as an effective gateway... meh. If I started off using oxycodone daily as opposed to weed, I probably would've just moved right on to heroin and then would have been dead within a month. Weed is an effective gateway drug (compared to other drugs) because it is not physically addicting.

If weed were legal and schools stopped lying to us, I guarantee many less people would branch out.

I agree with the first part, but I can't think of a single time when I was in school that I felt I was "lied to" about the effects of any drug. Most of my teachers were rather realistic people. Though, I do agree that drug education could be handled differently.

At 3/12/13 09:17 PM, silverspecks wrote: If one experiences anxiety when they stop smoking weed, but they didn't experience it when they first started smoking weed, that sounds like withdrawl.

It is not necessarily that simple.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:28:45

Right off the bat I have to say that my main concern is the paranoia that weed could potentially cause. I haven't smoked it myself, but it is known that weed can lead to paranoia while under its spell. Obviously not good for someone who has anxiety. Now, the effects of weed can vary from person-to-person, so it's hard to predict how it will effect you. Could help, could hurt. Just remember that while you're high it may be feel good, but when it you lose the high the sky comes falling back down to crush you under its weight. Getting high won't make the problem go away, and it could potentially make a harsh reality feel unbearably harsher when you go from such an elevated state back down to the previous state you were in.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:44:12

At 3/12/13 09:14 PM, IGreenI wrote:

oh man I you're right and I smoke weed I'm just as bad as a murderer rapist nazi :(

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:45:33

If you don't think you've been lied to, read this. I was taught many of these as facts.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:57:08

At 3/12/13 09:45 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: If you don't think you've been lied to, read this. I was taught many of these as facts.

I know for a fact that I was never 'taught' any of this nonsense in school. I have heard plenty of these stories, but they weren't through any of my teachers.

Nevertheless, I sincerely feel bad for people that have had this shit presented to them as factual, especially if this happened in any decade following the 1960s.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 21:59:10

At 3/12/13 09:57 PM, Seasons wrote:
At 3/12/13 09:45 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: If you don't think you've been lied to, read this. I was taught many of these as facts.
I know for a fact that I was never 'taught' any of this nonsense in school. I have heard plenty of these stories, but they weren't through any of my teachers.

Nevertheless, I sincerely feel bad for people that have had this shit presented to them as factual, especially if this happened in any decade following the 1960s.

Count yourself lucky. Do you live in the US? Most of us are taught this nonsense at an early age.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 22:05:34

Also, check the DEA's website and you'll see they're posting a lot of that as fact. It's disgusting, but since the 80s with DARE being started in schools, this has been nothing new. With the introduction of the internet, though, people can finally do their own research, and this has led to DARE being completely counter-productive.

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 22:07:29

At 3/12/13 09:44 PM, 372 wrote:
oh man I you're right and I smoke weed I'm just as bad as a murderer rapist nazi :(

Don't be coy, if you're from the US and get your pot from average Joe dope man, where do you think it comes from?

I tried, later then.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-12 22:12:53

At 3/12/13 06:11 PM, mothballs wrote: Don't be a weak person. Believe in yourself.

Oh fuck off. I've been very anxious for a very long time. Me tryng pot now doesn't make me a weak person.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-13 00:33:19

At 3/12/13 10:07 PM, IGreenI wrote: Don't be coy, if you're from the US and get your pot from average Joe dope man, where do you think it comes from?

I think the real question is where do you think it comes from?

BBS Signature

Response to Weed for anxioty 2013-03-13 00:37:20

I know of the guy who grows it and he seems like a nice guy with a nice family.

Response to Weed for anxioty 2014-08-19 00:26:52

At 3/12/13 08:58 PM, Saen wrote: If you want to smoke weed wait until you're older and your body has stopped developing, so like 24. In the meantime take salt baths, burn incense, pay for massages (whole hell of a lot cheaper than weed), go on nature walks, fish, etc.

No need to get hooked on any kind of substance while you're young.

I'm completely positive weed costs less than massages, especially when you're only buying a few grams. That isn't considering long-term amount spent, but massages add up too.