00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Updates

15,409 Views | 58 Replies
Respond to this Topic

New Updates 2013-03-12 14:44:08

If you tried logging on to the site this morning, you probably noticed we were down for maintenance.

We had a little bit of spring cleaning that needed to be done, including a bug fix for the medal system that was causing medals to not unlock to your profiles.

Well, the good news is that bug should finally be fixed. The better news is that was being fixed, we also put together some new stats views for the medals.

Without further ado, check out the following:

http://www.newgrounds.com/rankings/medals - Global medal stats.
http://www.newgrounds.com/social/stats/medals - Social medal stats.

Also, you can now click on the icon for any medal to see who the first users were to earn it, and who's picked it up most recently. Try it out by clicking some icons via the userpage of our current medal king, Nijsse:

http://nijsse.newgrounds.com/

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:45:15

Without Newgrounds, I have no reason to be on the internet.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:46:20

Stat-whores everywhere rejoice!

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:48:10

Some additional notes.

Part of the cleanup was fixing medal scores; some people will now have higher or lower scores all of a sudden. This is because some unapproved/broken medals were stripped out, while many more medals that should have been approved finally got added to the pool.

You may also need to clear your cache if clicking medal icons from a game view page doesn't work.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:53:33

Neat update, good to see!

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:57:06

i masturbated when newgrounds was down xd
sperm all over the batroom xD
lol

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 14:58:51

All hail our overlord Nijsse

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:03:42

Newgrounds is constantly evolving, very useful update!
Honor and glory to Nijsse! ;)

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:07:57

On individual medal pages, I noticed that they display the wrong game names, at least for me. For instance, I've tried to access medals for First Fantasy and Mechanical Ice Apocalypse and their pages list those medals as belonging to Friday: The Game and Myth Runner respectively.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:13:58

At 3/12/13 02:45 PM, Sequenced wrote: Without Newgrounds, I have no reason to be on the internet.

Without Newgrounds, I have no reason to live.

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:18:19

Those are some nice new stat pages. Also, good to see the medal system has been fixed.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:21:14

At 3/12/13 03:07 PM, bcdefg123 wrote: On individual medal pages, I noticed that they display the wrong game names, at least for me. For instance, I've tried to access medals for First Fantasy and Mechanical Ice Apocalypse and their pages list those medals as belonging to Friday: The Game and Myth Runner respectively.

What page are you clicking the icons on?

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:23:55

At 3/12/13 03:21 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 3/12/13 03:07 PM, bcdefg123 wrote: On individual medal pages, I noticed that they display the wrong game names, at least for me. For instance, I've tried to access medals for First Fantasy and Mechanical Ice Apocalypse and their pages list those medals as belonging to Friday: The Game and Myth Runner respectively.

I have been clicking on them from my 'medals unlocked' pages in my profile. (http://username.newgrounds.com/stats/medals)

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:38:44

At 3/12/13 03:23 PM, bcdefg123 wrote:
At 3/12/13 03:21 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
I have been clicking on them from my 'medals unlocked' pages in my profile. (http://username.newgrounds.com/stats/medals)

Thanks, got it fixed!

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:42:30

Looks like the race for medal points is about to start for real, and everybody is going to want to be first too. :) Great feature additions, and bug fix!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:43:17

More stat whoring? Fucking awesome

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:46:45

I suppose I should also mention, on the global medal rankings page there is a sort option for 'Showing Rank Movement For'

That probably seems like it does nothing now because I have no aggregated stat totals for any time before today, but basically when people go up or down in rank, the chart will actually show how fat they have moved during that period.

So if a user goes up 2 places today, and 3 places tomorrow... and you look at the chart tomorrow, their movement for 'Today' will be +3, and their movement for 'This Month' will show +5.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:47:42

This is one AWESOME update :D
Thank you PsychoGoldfish!!

And congratulations for Nijsee :3

Not to sound greedy but, are there more plans regarding this topic?

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:48:42

At 3/12/13 02:44 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: If you tried logging on to the site this morning, you probably noticed we were down for maintenance.

Yea I did, I was playing a game before shutting down site because of updating, then clicked icon and noticed :P

We had a little bit of spring cleaning that needed to be done, including a bug fix for the medal system that was causing medals to not unlock to your profiles.

Thanks for finally fixing that, I couldn't get any of medals from game Epic Battle Fantasy 4

New Updates

"I fapped to this topic."

- Razeroath.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 15:58:59

Awesome new feature! My thanks to Psychogoldfish and the rest of the NG staff that helped make this happen.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 16:03:17

Hybrid-Of-Souls raises a good point. I do love the new list, but are the cheaters staying on it? I personally don't have a list with users and proof, but I'm sure Hybrid-Of-Souls and a couple other people do.
Two examples are skiller12 who openly admitted he cheated (a nice guy, but still a cheater) and DarkStriker36 who got 0:00:000 times on Ching Chong Beautiful.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 16:10:52

And now I feel bad for being a complete slacker for medal hunting.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 16:12:36

... And another age of stat whoring begins

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 16:15:12

At 3/12/13 02:44 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: We had a little bit of spring cleaning that needed to be done, including a bug fix for the medal system that was causing medals to not unlock to your profiles.

Well, the good news is that bug should finally be fixed. The better news is that was being fixed, we also put together some new stats views for the medals.

Sweetness!
Now I will no longer feel as though my earning medals was all for nothing! xD

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 16:49:18

Not the kind of update I was hoping for but this does excite me.

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 17:09:05

Oh medals... that's cool.

I'm sorry, it's nice that the medals have been fixed, but I was hoping for the Literature Portal.

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 17:18:02

This is pretty neat.

:)

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 17:26:57

At 3/12/13 02:44 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: If you tried logging on to the site this morning, you probably noticed we were down for maintenance.

I actually got in NG this morning and it worked on my laptop.

Hmm, I see....

Hopefully this won't happen for sometime.

Without further ado, check out the following:

This is fricking great. Looking forward to see my name on that list soon!

This is great again. But then, it was not really my concern but good job!

Also, you can now click on the icon for any medal to see who the first users were to earn it, and who's picked it up most recently. Try it out by clicking some icons via the userpage of our current medal king, Nijsse:

Well this is nice all right.

http://nijsse.newgrounds.com/

Looks like that guy has a lot of time on his hands.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 17:30:39

At 3/12/13 02:44 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: Well, the good news is that bug should finally be fixed.

THANK GOD. Now I can actually begin my quest for 10k medals. :D

Cool ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to New Updates 2013-03-12 17:37:59

At 3/12/13 02:44 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:

Will we be able to access that page directly from the game's page rather than from a user who has earned that medal?

I lost the game.