00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Contest, Music Team, Update

6,307 Views | 23 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 15:04:40

Check out the Best of February if you missed it this weekend!

BrokenDeck and BPremo have teamed up to present an 8-bit / Chiptune / Videogame music contest! The winning piece will be used in an animation by BPremo, who has made really cool movies like these:

In other music news, Logical Defiance Productions is a group of NG musicians who came together for professional projects and created the sound and music for an upcoming mobile game, Super Squirrels! If you back it on Kickstarter you will get a free copy as well as other perks. Check it out!

You can also hear Logical Defiance in these submissions on NG:

Expect a little downtime tomorrow while we shuffle around some data. A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 15:15:27

Sweet, I might give the contest a try.

"Oh my god, JC, a bomb!"

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 15:25:00

At 3/11/13 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Expect a little downtime tomorrow while we shuffle around some data. A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

I really hope this update has to do with the medals not registering in people's profile's.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 16:09:35

At 3/11/13 03:07 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Please don't let it be something for supporters.

Please let it be staffs. also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 16:42:42

A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

I know a lot of users are still hoping for a Lit portal.

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 17:26:32

At 3/11/13 04:42 PM, SubNoctem wrote:

I'm guessing either Audio or Art folk. Otherwise, Lit folk might have a good day, hell I dunno.

Tom's prolly just fucking with us and is going to replace all emoticons with genitalia.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 17:33:39

At 3/11/13 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Expect a little downtime tomorrow while we shuffle around some data. A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

Around what time would you say this will be happening?
I need to know when I will be getting outside and seeing the sun for the first time in a long time.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 17:45:52

I just might have to join this contest my self, I specialize in video game music remixes.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 17:47:24

At 3/11/13 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: BrokenDeck and BPremo have teamed up to present...

We were also very fortunate to enlist the aid and participation of veteran video game music composer Jeroen Tel, of Maniacs of Noise, who has kindly agreed to donate a small amount of his time to help judge this contest.

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 18:06:48

At 3/11/13 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote
.Expect a little downtime tomorrow while we shuffle around some data. A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

NG CHAT?

go to my website

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 18:14:38

At 3/11/13 05:26 PM, test-object wrote:
I'm guessing either Audio or Art folk. Otherwise, Lit folk might have a good day, hell I dunno.

Tom's prolly just fucking with us and is going to replace all emoticons with genitalia.

We know it's not that, because the update pertains to a certain group of users, not the entirety of us.

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 18:14:42

I hope it's the lit portal! If it were, say, a better documentation for the NG API, they wouldn't need downtime. A new portal, however, will obviously need lots of it.

Fingers crossed. :)

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 18:33:18

piko 2 confirmed

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 23:01:36

Oh shit. How long do you think Newgrounds be down?

Is this will be a supporter only thing? What will it be? An edit button on the BBS for supporters? A block user function on the BBS for supporters? What?

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-11 23:33:04

I wanna say NG online multiplayer servers buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.......

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 01:54:42

Expect a little downtime tomorrow while we shuffle around some data. A specific group of NG users will be excited with the resulting update!

Now, I know there's no way to tell how long it'll take to complete, but can you give us an idea of a start time? I need to know how this will affect my attitude for the day. Being without my Newgrounds... rough!

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 03:02:42

I'm hoping it's the Lit portal. The latest new "Writer" and "Reader" auras have been hinting at a Lit portal even more.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 04:30:16

At 3/11/13 03:07 PM, Sekhem wrote:
i hope it's black users

We don't have much to be excited about, like ever

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 05:28:53

At 3/12/13 03:02 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
I'm hoping it's the Lit portal. The latest new "Writer" and "Reader" auras have been hinting at a Lit portal even more.

The Collabinator and featuring MWC13 on the front page also hinted at the Lit Portal. :)

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 06:34:54

Hope I'm one of those specifically grouped users. :) Looking forward to whatever it is I'm looking forward to.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 06:44:41

I can't wait!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 07:11:47

At 3/11/13 03:04 PM, TomFulp wrote: Check out the Best of February if you missed it this weekend! [last newspost]

I don't require or expect any special privilege as a supporter, and hope the new functionality will benefit the users as well as the producers of NG. In the spirit of Thomas Paine, I'd say privilege breeds inequities aimed squarely at our souls.

The most notable new features (social networking) lend themselves to reliable contact, especially to the collaborating producers here. Perhaps we could get a specific start time? You might think the outage might be a minute or three, but what if something gets shuffled incorrectly? One less variable, by setting a start time, may help save someones time and prevent data-loss.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 17:26:43

A set time for the downtime would be great if you already have it planned. Of course, I may be at school.

Serisly hoping for a Lit portal!

Response to Music Contest, Music Team, Update 2013-03-12 21:42:24

That would have been pretty amazing.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature