00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What film should I watch?

3,309 Views | 50 Replies

What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:11:53

This is Sunday afternoon branching into the evening and I would very much like to watch a film, however, I'm pretty stumped on what I want to watch because fuck there's so many. You guys have blown me away with suggestions before so what should I watch this evening; what do you reccomend?

This might help you help me

Some notable films I've loved:
The Iron Giant, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Toy Story, Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind, Pulp Fiction, Chun King Express, Wallace & Gromit, Double Indemnity, American Psycho, Star Wars, The 400 Blows, The 5 Obstructions, Silence of the Lambs, Happiness, Trainspotting

Films I've seen recently:
Ed Wood, Goodfellas, Paranorman (both very enjoyable)

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:14:29

i have a feeling that you would like Dr. Strangelove

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:15:07

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Taxi Driver, The Big Lebowski or, for something newer, the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The American version. It's by the same guy who directed Fight Club.

Protect the Muska.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:23:27

At 3/3/13 12:15 PM, Grotty wrote: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Taxi Driver, The Big Lebowski or, for something newer, the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The American version. It's by the same guy who directed Fight Club.

Much as I do love David Fincher, I really don't enjoy remakes of films just for people too lazy to read subtitles. I've seen Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in the original language and it's amazing though.

Don't get me started on Let Me In, fuck that film. Let The Right One In is incredibly brilliant though.

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:30:30

The Prophet, if you don't mind seeing French prison/crime/drama/thrillers I would say that movie is a must watch.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:32:50

the machinist
the warriors
memento
true romance
a clockwork orange
natural born killers(the way its shot may get annoying, but it works in the long run0
cape fear
network(highly rec)
jackie brown
taxi driver(highly rec)

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:33:18

At 3/3/13 12:23 PM, Otto wrote:
At 3/3/13 12:15 PM, Grotty wrote: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, Taxi Driver, The Big Lebowski or, for something newer, the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The American version. It's by the same guy who directed Fight Club.
Much as I do love David Fincher, I really don't enjoy remakes of films just for people too lazy to read subtitles. I've seen Girl With The Dragon Tattoo in the original language and it's amazing though.

Don't get me started on Let Me In, fuck that film. Let The Right One In is incredibly brilliant though.

I've seen the English version in it's completeness, and watched bits and pieces of the original. Yeah. It's pretty much a complete remake, sans the language barrier.

You could also try the Way of the Gun, but I'm just making random suggestions here.

Protect the Muska.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:40:34

Plan 9 From Outer Space
Night Of The Living Dead
La Noche de Walpurgis (its in Spanish but I'm fairly certain you can find a version with subtitles)
Rebel Without A Cause or East Of Eden
or Dr. Strangelove

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 12:48:29

At 3/3/13 12:33 PM, Grotty wrote:
At 3/3/13 12:23 PM, Otto wrote:

I've seen the English version in it's completeness, and watched bits and pieces of the original. Yeah. It's pretty much a complete remake, sans the language barrier.

I dunno, the new one is simplified and the moral message is forced in and hammed out. Also the story really belongs in Norway, where you get like 20 hour nights - it makes sense for a clever vampire flick. Anyway enough of my ranting of this senseless remake.

You could also try the Way of the Gun, but I'm just making random suggestions here.

I'll look it up!

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 13:03:12

Wake in Fright was alright. It's a pretty long and very slow paced movie but I think you'd like it. You can't watch it hunched over a monitor for two hours though.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 13:20:02

By the look of that list (and the strange titles in it) you'd probably enjoy Inception.

It has everything. Also #14 on the IMDB top 250.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 13:45:44

Dark City director's cut.

DO NOT WATCH THE THEATRICAL CUT. DIRECTOR'S CUT ONLY.

Trust me, it's fantastic.

What film should I watch?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 13:53:04

Life is Beautiful. It's an Italian film set during World War II.

One of my all-time favorite movies <3

<3

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:01:21

At 3/3/13 01:53 PM, steph2568 wrote: Life is Beautiful. It's an Italian film set during World War II.

One of my all-time favorite movies <3

My mom has told me a few times that I really should watch that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:03:10

The Vagrant and its Free to stream online on IMDB's website, and it's probably free on NetFlix if you have NetFlix.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105719/

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:04:31

Spirited Away.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:26:52

Oldboy, Moon, Apocalypse Now, Drive, Enter The Void, Taxi Driver, City of God, Blue Spring, Castaway on the Moon

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:31:14

At 3/3/13 02:26 PM, JaY11 wrote: Oldboy, Moon, Apocalypse Now, Drive, Enter The Void, Taxi Driver, City of God, Blue Spring, Castaway on the Moon

These, man.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:32:21

At 3/3/13 02:31 PM, dickfag wrote:
At 3/3/13 02:26 PM, JaY11 wrote: Oldboy, Moon, Apocalypse Now, Drive, Enter The Void, Taxi Driver, City of God, Blue Spring, Castaway on the Moon
These, man.

Well fuck. Apparantly strong HTMLs wont work when quoting. But Oldboy and Apocalypse Now. Watch 'em, dude.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 14:54:36

Big Trouble in Little China; John Carpenter is THE MAN.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:01:20

At 3/3/13 12:11 PM, Otto wrote: Some notable films I've loved:
The Iron Giant, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Toy Story, Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind, Pulp Fiction, Chun King Express, Wallace & Gromit, Double Indemnity, American Psycho, Star Wars, The 400 Blows, The 5 Obstructions, Silence of the Lambs, Happiness, Trainspotting

Hmm that's quite some variety there with lots of "one of a kind" films.

Maybe Snatch. or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels if you liked Trainspotting so much. Not exactly the same thing, but I always felt the films are somewhat similar and probably appeal to the same audience.

I also think you may like The Truman Show and Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, but they're not like any of your favourites. It's just that they're both likeable films that are worth a watch in my opinion.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:01:58

Watch Wreck-It Ralph, if you haven't watched it yet.

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:02:38

At 3/3/13 03:01 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Watch Wreck-It Ralph, if you haven't watched it yet.

Dont watch wreck it ralph, its honestly the worst film ive seen in over a year.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:03:59

At 3/3/13 03:03 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/3/13 03:02 PM, BumFodder wrote:
At 3/3/13 03:01 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Watch Wreck-It Ralph, if you haven't watched it yet.
It's too childish

Says the guy with the stolen sig.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:06:08

At 3/3/13 03:02 PM, BumFodder wrote: Dont watch wreck it ralph, its honestly the worst film ive seen in over a year.

Eh? But, why?

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:07:09

At 3/3/13 03:03 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/3/13 03:02 PM, BumFodder wrote:
It's too childish

Its not that its too childish, its just so clearly made to be oscar bait that it sacrifices anything decent about itself. I could sit here and make a really big list of everything that makes it shit but I cant be bothered.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:09:42

Some of the Kaiju films from Toho like Godzilla look pretty fun to watch if you can get over the cheesiness of the earlier films that came out of the 70s.Also look into House that was also produced by the same company.

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:15:43

In Bruges

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:17:08

Human centipede bro. I watched that shit baked as fuck and I laughed my ass off to the point that I coughed my ass off. Haha funny ass movie bro

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to What film should I watch? 2013-03-03 15:17:44

You might like Miyazaki's films. The animation is always incredible, and Brad Bird (director of "The Iron Giant") and John Lasseter (one of the leading brains at PIXAR) take inspiration from Miyazaki. Try Princess Mononoke, for example.

BBS Signature