00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Samsung or iPhone?

5,640 Views | 125 Replies

Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:01:43

Samsung all the way for me. Currently half-way through my 24 month Galaxy SII contract and I'm still happy with it!

What about you douche-bags?

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:10:43

i love my iphone 4S

fcuk you

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:11:23

I have a cheap ZTE.

Works wonders as a Japanese dictionary.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:29:39

I have a cheap Samsung Tracfone, and I've never had any thoughts or want for anything else at the moment since I don't use it that often anyway, so I guess Samsung for me too.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:30:21

Used both and preferred the iPhone though I like Samsung as a company more but that doesn't really effect which one I buy.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 06:40:50

go with a Motorola Droid. you will never be dissapointed twice the hardware than a iphone and half the cost

kinda like building your own PC compared to buying a mac.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:03:48

At 3/1/13 06:01 AM, 1930 wrote: What about you douche-bags?

Hey hey hey hey!
Nah just kidding. iPhone looks as if
it has its own style. Samsung kinda stole it.

| Steam | Sig is by Homicide <3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:09:51

> contracts
> 2012+1

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:14:30

At 3/1/13 07:11 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: iphones, of course! apple makes the best phones and computers

--supergandhi64

horse shit I could make a PC for half as much as any mac and have twice the performance. same thing with Droid phones compared to Apple.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:23:59

At 3/1/13 07:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: *rolls eyes* yeah . . . i bet they'd fall apart twice as fast, too

--supergandhi64

Droids are almost as sturdy as iphones

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:29:18

At 3/1/13 07:27 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: haha, yeah "almost" in the same sense a skoda is "almost" a ferrari

--supergandhi64

tony-darkgrave just got an ice burn

Samsung or iPhone?

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:36:12

At 3/1/13 07:27 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: haha, yeah "almost" in the same sense a skoda is "almost" a ferrari

--supergandhi64

then explain why Android makes 71% of Smart phone users?

lets see price, battery life (razr Maxx gets 25 Hours if you have it on the right settings) and easy interface and almost as sturdy as a iphone, plus the fact that android doesn't sue you for unlocking their phones or illegally gives your information to the government.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:38:27

Please don't start a childish iOS vs. Android war. They both have their pros and cons, there's no superior.

All Gingerbread (2.3) and earlier Android phones sold outside Japan, for instance, has a bug which causes them to display Japanese characters with Chinese fonts, which is extremely annoying. The only system-wide fix for this requires you to *root* your phone, possibly voiding your warrenty. This bug isn't even really fixed in ICS or JB, it will only display the correct Japanese fonts if you set the system language to Japanese.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:41:27

At 3/1/13 07:38 AM, KevinHR wrote: Please don't start a childish iOS vs. Android war. They both have their pros and cons, there's no superior.

All Gingerbread (2.3)

silly its all about 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:49:08

At 3/1/13 07:39 AM, Sekhem wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:38 AM, KevinHR wrote: All Gingerbread (2.3) and earlier Android phones sold outside Japan, for instance, has a bug which causes them to display Japanese characters with Chinese fonts, which is extremely annoying.
how unfortunate

are you japanese

do you think you can sue for racial insensitivity

No, I'm not Japanese.

Although there are a shitload of Japanese blogs providing instructions for fixing this, I haven't notice any ranting at all. They're probably hidden on 2channel.

At 3/1/13 07:41 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: silly its all about 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

Please tell me you are joking. My post wasn't even large at all.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:52:10

For me, I prefer my IPhone 4S, thank you very much.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:52:48

I have some poorly functioning cheap phone

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 07:58:21

At 3/1/13 07:49 AM, KevinHR wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:41 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: silly its all about 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Please tell me you are joking. My post wasn't even large at all.

thats because Gingerbread 2.3 is a outdated OS system for earlier phones from 2009 who still uses those? plus its asian languages I wouldn't be surprised if asian characters don't compute or some shit.

At 3/1/13 07:39 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: are you trying to trick me with your bogus? it clearly says android or apple for 71% of smart phone users. nice try . . . not! pretty typical of android users to not be able to read and also buy the wrong kind of phone *laughs at you*

--supergandhi64

ohh woops to early in the morning for arguing. guess I am wrong. need coffee. anyways android makes 42% of that 71% with apple making 28% though I don't know why people still use Black Berrys..

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:15:25

At 3/1/13 07:51 AM, Sekhem wrote: do asians like to mysteriously hide like a racial caricature from 1940s pulp novels

Looks like it, or rather they just aren't as vocal. The only complaints I've seen on this issue are from foreign Japanese-learners.

Although I would argue it to be a trait more specific to the Japanese, rather than the entirety of Asian cultures.

At 3/1/13 07:58 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: thats because Gingerbread 2.3 is a outdated OS system for earlier phones from 2009 who still uses those? plus its asian languages I wouldn't be surprised if asian characters don't compute or some shit.

"This bug isn't even really fixed in ICS or JB, it will only display the correct Japanese fonts if you set the system language to Japanese."

And again, you're forced to root your phone if you want to fix it.

Besides, I only pulled this forth as an example of the lack of usability you find in Android phones. Another thing that annoys me is that whenever I restart my Android phone or plug it into my computer, the keyboard defaults to the standard android keyboard. And to change back to the keyboard of my choice, I'm forced to enable it in the Settings menu, hold my finger on a text field, choose input method, then finally choose the keyboard of my choice. It's like linux all over again.

But I won't be pushing the above issue as like you said, Gingerbread is outdated, and I doubt this bug is present in the newer versions of Android.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:19:03

I have a HTC, but I'll probably get an iPhone next

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:20:42

Samsung Galaxy obviously, the iPhone is pretty shit compared to other high end smartphones and the Galaxy S 2 and 3 were and are the best out at the moment.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:23:06

At 3/1/13 08:17 AM, Sekhem wrote: fu manchu was chinese and an adept at hiding

you're even terrible @ racial discrimination

Thank you, but I do not know who that is.

You might want to use the term East-Asian though, since that doesn't encompass countries such as Spanish-American Philippines.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:27:14

At 3/1/13 08:15 AM, KevinHR wrote:
Besides, I only pulled this forth as an example of the lack of usability you find in Android phones. Another thing that annoys me is that whenever I restart my Android phone or plug it into my computer, the keyboard defaults to the standard android keyboard. And to change back to the keyboard of my choice, I'm forced to enable it in the Settings menu, hold my finger on a text field, choose input method, then finally choose the keyboard of my choice. It's like linux all over again.

But I won't be pushing the above issue as like you said, Gingerbread is outdated, and I doubt this bug is present in the newer versions of Android.

I had that problem with my old Droid X2 with gingerbread. Apparently its a proggramming conflict if hey tried fixing it the entire OS would get really buggy and cause more problems and a patch for it would take up more space than wits worth.

Its not present on Jelly Bean Phones and all problems that get found or reported are patched up due to the Androids having more power.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 08:58:11

At 3/1/13 06:40 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: go with a Motorola Droid.

Go away. Go away you.

Otto, what a guy.

BBS Signature

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:14:17

Nokia please! But if I had to pick out of those two, Samsung, since they make Windows Phones as well. :)

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:14:17

At 3/1/13 07:27 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:23 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 3/1/13 07:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: *rolls eyes* yeah . . . i bet they'd fall apart twice as fast, too

--supergandhi64
Droids are almost as sturdy as iphones
haha, yeah "almost" in the same sense a skoda is "almost" a ferrari

--supergandhi64

It's people like you who convince people to believe stupid shit like that. IDGAF if you're a troll or not because some people actually belive this. Let's be realistic, Android phones are not ALMOST as sturdy as iPhone. Which phone has a really fragile screen? So that you have to buy a 30$ case. That's the iPhone. The sturdiness on Android phones will depend, but you get the choice do decide between many different kinds of phones. Mine has Corning Gorilla Glass, like many other Android (and some Windows) phones.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:15:28

I have a HTC One X, but have owned Samsung phones in the past. Right now? It really depends. My sister has an SIII and thinks it's too big (yes, that's what she said). But I've also used (quite extensively) the iPhone 4S and 5, and in experience I don't think it's a viable upgrade. I really like the screen on the SIII, the iPhone 5 seems a bit lackluster in terms of the hardware it's packing - even more so than other iterations of the iPhone.

Get whatever you want really.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:28:17

At 3/1/13 08:23 AM, supergandhi64 wrote:
At 3/1/13 08:19 AM, smulse wrote: I have a HTC, but I'll probably get an iPhone next
good call, you'll never want to go back to ordinary phones once you've used an iphone

--supergandhi64

Unfortunately the iPhone has become an ordinary phone. It doesn't even have NFC support yet, and features a dated UI.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 09:51:05

At 3/1/13 09:22 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: (mood: assured)

You should become a therapist, since you're so good with seeing people's emotions and everything.

i'm picking up on some post-purchase rationalization, here . . .

I knew what I was doing when I bought my phone and I don't regret it. Look at this comparison. I know specs are not everything, but where the iPhone does score higher than LG Optimus 4X HD (my phone) is in popularity and price group.

maybe you'd be able to see which phone is clearly the best if you weren't so biased and influenced by google's android agenda *sighs*

I'm biased? And you're not? I'm open to changing my opinion on things and I don't care about the brand on my phone. Not to mention that Android has different manufacturers. While not all of them have the best phones, at least some of them must be doing something better than Apple, right? It's not like I only care about Android either, I've tried both iPhone and Windows phone. Windows phone is where the Metro UI belongs, it's pretty good but it's also new so it doesn't have a lot of apps. I've also read about Ubuntu phone, looks pretty cool. Blackberry is going downhill. Not sure if they will survive for much longer.

--supergandhi64

Gandhi would be disappointed.

Response to Samsung or iPhone? 2013-03-01 10:19:52

I have been saying this for the last year..
In 10 years apple will be phased out completely and the FAR SUPERIOR ANDROID will be thriving and will be bending over backwards to not only keep blacj berry afloat and in business.. But make products that will eventually equal the professional quality and fun experience that users flock to

BBS Signature