New Topic Respond to this Topic
T3XT
T3XT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Gamer
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 00:26:40 Reply

At 3/1/13 11:18 PM, Saen wrote: Aww you meant spanking kids... this thread just lost its sexy

Spanking in BDSM is sexy, it's an indisputable fact

Let's keep this a debatable thread mmkay?

Jeffyx
Jeffyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 00:46:58 Reply

I don't think It's right. Spanking your kids isn't going to do anything besides make them hate you.

Technocrat
Technocrat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Movie Buff
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 05:08:50 Reply

At 3/1/13 09:59 PM, Light wrote: In reality, there's a correlational link(Not causal link, though) between corporal punishment and lower IQ.

Source?

May the schwartz be with you!

BBS Signature
Julianr
Julianr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 07:19:59 Reply

At 3/1/13 03:48 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 3/1/13 03:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
punishment would be good raising at all. I'd go with the tactic of caring and explaining, not hitting and ignoring.

Compare this generation of kids, to about 2 generations ago when spanking was still around

Kids these days are selfish, ungrateful, bratty, self centered, and just straight up shitty

I was never spanked as a child and I dont fit into any of the things you said.

Butthole

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Writer
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 07:21:51 Reply

At 3/1/13 12:52 AM, koopahermit wrote: What was called discipline 20 years ago is now called child abuse.

And what was once a disciplines youth culture 20 years ago is now an undisciplined series of antisocial rejects from life.

Funny that.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Movie Buff
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 12:23:05 Reply

No, I always thought that was just something that died out ages ago. You know, back in the days where we used to have laws against black people being in the same restuaraunt? I've never even heard of anyone doing that in modern times, but that's just the kind of parents I have, but I imagine it would be discouraged for the most part nowadays.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 12:28:13 Reply

Oh I thought this was gonna be about...
never mind

Hunaso
Hunaso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 12:39:29 Reply

spanking is bad unless you paid the whore ;)

TracyJacksonTAW
TracyJacksonTAW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-02 13:11:40 Reply

There's always other ways to show displeasure than spanking a kid. Both of my parents are against hitting children of any sort regardless of what happened, in fact when I used to get in troubles when I was younger, all my parents did was to talk with me and "ground" me for a while.

TracyJackson
The Art of Warfare gaming community Member
Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

lithiumsol
lithiumsol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-07 22:34:05 Reply

spare the rod and spoil the child, i am fucking sick of hearing that. that is why our children grow up to be mass murderers,they never got the punishment that they deserved went they did something bad which is the cause of bullying which leads to another newtown. i was raised getting a asswhooping when i did something bad.whether it was a belt or a hand or even an extension cord. i learned not to make the same mistake twice.so i say make a decision when the child does something bad depending on the severity of the offence.let they get away with it or teach them rules.your choice humanity.

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-08 02:24:03 Reply

Even setting aside the fundamental wrongness of an adult committing an act of violence on a child, it's just shitty, lazy parenting that's ineffectual at best and detrimental at worst. It conditions children not to do things they're not supposed to purely for fear of punishment, but it does nothing to make them understand why what they did was wrong or what the right thing to do would be. So not only does spanking utterly fail to help the child develop into a better person, but ultimately it won't even be an effective deterrent against bad behavior, because there's nothing to stop them from doing whatever they want as long as they know you won't find out about it.

And worse still, it also teaches them that might makes right and that violence is an acceptable way to resolve conflicts. Spanking has proven to be such a resilient form of discipline because it's quick and easy and gets short-term results, but what's easy in the short term can have disastrous effects in the long term, especially when it comes to something as complex and sensitive as human behavior. You're raising a human being, not a dog. Act accordingly.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature
Hattok
Hattok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-08 02:35:29 Reply

Only in very extreme cases would I ever spank my child. You gotta keep in mind that you need to teach your kid that talking things out is better than escalating to violence. If they don't wanna listen and insist on disobeying, then...well, what else can you really do? It doesn't have to be so hard they're crippled in any way. Well, unless you have a kid that is that shitty...

I know I'm talking myself into circles and my statements sounds flippy-floppy but overall I don't agree with spanking if it isn't absolutely necessary.

That's my take on things.

Ignore this signature.

kisame
kisame
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-08 02:48:15 Reply

It should only be used when all other forms of punishment have proven ineffective.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to What do you think about spanking? 2013-03-08 02:53:07 Reply

I got a little physical discipline now and then. If it wasn't a spank, it was a good flick on the side of the head or something. Sometimes, you have to put your kid in their place. They can really step out of line sometimes.

sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature