00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greetings from CA

21,788 Views | 65 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:34:24

Just a heads up, I've been in LA this week and I'm heading down to San Diego this weekend for some Behemoth stuff, so I'll be falling behind on PMs for the next week. I also won't be able to run the monthly payments until Friday, March 8th!

The Battleblock Theater beta starts today! If you made the cut, expect an email with a beta code. You can still apply on the Behemoth website but it might be a few days before you find out if you made it.

Mike and Jim updated the video player so at the end of a video it now promotes more videos by that artist (or other videos if there aren't enough by the artist). We're excited to see how many pople stick around and keep watching more stuff. Don't forget to follow the artists you like so they can show up in your feed!

Monthly voting starts tomorrow so be sure to check your account page to see if you are on the voting panel for the Best of February. And I'll say it every month to not forget, we need to make that a PM invite so people don't have to hunt for it.

I also haven't been keeping up on submissions as well so recommend any gems that have been missed this week! You can just paste the URL in this thread and it will render out with a nice thumbnail.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:43:00

Greetings from PA

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:45:41

Is anyone going to be at the Flash Game Summit this year?

Me, Rog and Nick are going ( abobo team woo ).

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:46:14

Greetings from Denmark.

I wish there was a Battleblock Theater beta for PS3.

It's also weird seeing your face on the front page again Tom

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:47:45

Greetings from IL.

At 2/28/13 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: I also haven't been keeping up on submissions as well so recommend any gems that have been missed this week! You can just paste the URL in this thread and it will render out with a nice thumbnail.

I quite liked this. Though it was uploaded today.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:53:41

IV GOT MY CODE BABY!!!

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 12:55:14

You should totally visit me. I also wish I signed up for that beta.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:09:05

Did he mean March? I didn't see anyone else question it, but.. It's Already Feb 28th. Just.. wanted to have that clarified?

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:13:23

At 2/28/13 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: Mike and Jim updated the video player so at the end of a video it now promotes more videos by that artist (or other videos if there aren't enough by the artist).

I haven't seen this in action, is this live yet? Or is this feature still coming or does it only apply to stuff that got uploaded after the update?

Monthly voting starts tomorrow so be sure to check your account page to see if you are on the voting panel for the Best of February. And I'll say it every month to not forget, we need to make that a PM invite so people don't have to hunt for it.

Aw I didn't get an invite this month :C
It's been years since I didn't get to do monthly voting. I feel left out now ;___;

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:17:42

At 2/28/13 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: Just a heads up, I've been in LA this week and I'm heading down to San Diego this weekend

Fuck! I want to be in California! Get laid for me, Tom!

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:20:04

Can't wait to test out Battleblock, had to send you my new gamertag over.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:22:32

I also haven't been keeping up on submissions as well so recommend any gems that have been missed this week! You can just paste the URL in this thread and it will render out with a nice thumbnail.

ehmmm....ehm.... <.< ...>.> .....ehm.......ah...

i know i know...i look like a dumbass ,dignity-less moron who wants to advertise his own work...but i worked really REALLY hard on this one. ive never put so much effort into anything i ever did like in this one...so i think its just normal that i want some feedback after all...right.....right?

Greetings from CA

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:31:25

At 2/28/13 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: Mike and Jim updated the video player so at the end of a video it now promotes more videos by that artist (or other videos if there aren't enough by the artist).

Probably my favorite part of the post.

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 13:55:27

At 2/28/13 12:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: Mike and Jim updated the video player so at the end of a video it now promotes more videos by that artist (or other videos if there aren't enough by the artist). We're excited to see how many pople stick around and keep watching more stuff. Don't forget to follow the artists you like so they can show up in your feed!

I noticed that, and it's great addition. Not to pile more work on them, but is there any way to add a space at the beginning for ads to play while it loads so artists can get ad revenue? With the new player/format, there's no support for ad revenue, and that's a big issue for current NG artists, but also for attracting new artists to NG.

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:04:13

Greetings from the real CA. Canada. :3

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:17:01

At 2/28/13 01:09 PM, Fusioneko wrote: Did he mean March? I didn't see anyone else question it, but.. It's Already Feb 28th. Just.. wanted to have that clarified?

Oops I meant March - fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:17:54

At 2/28/13 01:13 PM, Damien wrote: I haven't seen this in action, is this live yet? Or is this feature still coming or does it only apply to stuff that got uploaded after the update?

Try clearing your cache!

Aw I didn't get an invite this month :C
It's been years since I didn't get to do monthly voting. I feel left out now ;___;

The voting starts tomorrow so check back then!

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:19:13

At 2/28/13 01:55 PM, Exedor wrote: I noticed that, and it's great addition. Not to pile more work on them, but is there any way to add a space at the beginning for ads to play while it loads so artists can get ad revenue?

That's what Mike is working on now!

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:23:06

Unrelated note; what do you guys think of making a "Featured in # Playlists' feature at the side of submissions that are featured in at least one playlist? It'd be a neat addition; not really necessary but nice nonetheless.

Alliteration unintended.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:29:09

I found this interesting for the fact that someone was so passionate about ketchup pumps that they made an entire cartoon about it. Not bad all around and I think the artist deserves 30-40 mins of respect.

Also i got my code and I am the happy!

<3

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:33:14

At 2/28/13 02:23 PM, Step wrote: Unrelated note; what do you guys think of making a "Featured in # Playlists' feature at the side of submissions that are featured in at least one playlist? It'd be a neat addition; not really necessary but nice nonetheless.

Alliteration unintended.

That would be nice to have, just to make playlists get some more exposure too. I'll keep it on the wishlist.

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:36:28

Greetings from MA.

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 14:59:35

Awesome stuff. I love the changes to the video player :D

Just got my code, so excited to play some Battle Block Theater :D

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:07:44

Nice to see new features keep popping up like this. :)

Greetings from SE.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:15:09

Ah, you're in my neck of the woods this week. I hope you have fun in CA.

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:15:56

Have fun, Tom!

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:26:24

At 2/28/13 02:17 PM, TomFulp wrote: Try clearing your cache!

Oh shit that totally worked! Awesome I love it!

The voting starts tomorrow so check back then!

Ooops, I overlooked that I guess. My bad!

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:32:21

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Greetings from CA 2013-02-28 16:36:18

Hey Tom, if you're around the Venice area, check Hama out for some awesome (but somewhat pricey) sushi!

Wakka wakka