00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

intuitive story based game anyone?

774 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

lately i have wanted so badly to make an iphone game that would be beautiful and awesome and amazing because it would be very satisfying being able to say i had acomplished such a seemingly daunting feat. my problem is that i need a person that knows as3 and i dont just want to say "hey... HEY GUYS... i need a guy who knows as3" i want to make a new companion. someone that has enthusiasm and wants to make something beautiful! so if you know as3 and are eager to make a hopefully intuitive story based game in which we could possibly compile into an app please say so and add me on skype!

(my skype name is "gbleebin"... i think... :I )

Response to intuitive story based game anyone? 2013-02-25 15:39:29

just to add, the story was likely to be a pixel game set in 1940's ish and might relate to the idea of the cold war, and will follow a sort of apocalypse now kind of feel possibly.

Response to intuitive story based game anyone? 2013-02-25 16:23:13

At 2/25/13 03:39 PM, gbleebin wrote: just to add, the story was likely to be a pixel game set in 1940's ish and might relate to the idea of the cold war, and will follow a sort of apocalypse now kind of feel possibly.

just out of interest, why did you choose iphone

Response to intuitive story based game anyone? 2013-02-25 16:40:50

i chose iphone (or maybe perhaps any smartphone) for 2 reasons. 1 i feel like when it comes to games for the iphone dont harnes the potential of an iphone, not to say that the iphone is a briliant medium for handheld console gaming, but more to say that many games dont refine the control scheme of iphones too well (eg fake joysticks and buttons) and 2 because after thinking of what could work on an iphone well could perhaps be a story driven game with simplified and well thought out controls, the medium of which i think might be cool to do this with would be a linear story drivien game.

to answer your question a bit better perhaps i should say i could do this on ANYTHING but i am slightly determined to do it on an iphone to prove that there can be better games for it. there are games out there that have refined the controls of in iphone well like fruit ninja and infinity blade. but games like fruit ninja dont seem to cut it for me (ba dum tch). i just think it would be nice if the game was more memorable than fruit ninja, which is just an arcade game)

Response to intuitive story based game anyone? 2013-02-28 21:33:13

I may be wrong here, but I think most Iphone apps are made with Javascript or HTML5, since Apple doesn't support Flash AS3. But correct me if I'm wrong.