00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

download from ng

632 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

download from ng 2013-02-24 10:40:46

Does anybody know how can I download flash files from NEWGROUNDS??????

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 11:04:26

Depends about what browser you are using. If you are using Google Chrome you can right click on the game page and check the source code for the .swf extension link, open the page, there you can download the file.

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 13:01:27

At 2/24/13 11:04 AM, Spysociety wrote: Depends about what browser you are using. If you are using Google Chrome you can right click on the game page and check the source code for the .swf extension link, open the page, there you can download the file.

thnx

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 13:38:23

judging by the amount of security they put behind the content, i'm not 100% sure they want you to pull the .swf files off the site...

Programming stuffs (tutorials and extras)

PM me (instead of MintPaw) if you're confuzzled.

thank Skaren for the sig :P

BBS Signature

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 13:40:11

At 2/24/13 01:38 PM, egg82 wrote: judging by the amount of security they put behind the content, i'm not 100% sure they want you to pull the .swf files off the site...

It has to be downloaded at some point to view it, so I don't see much harm in having a local version of it. Although a lot of the time it's probably for de-compiling reasons, rather than just wanting to view/play the swf offline.

I remember having Portal Defenders on my pen drive so I could play it at school

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 13:57:01

At 2/24/13 01:40 PM, Sam wrote: It has to be downloaded at some point to view it, so I don't see much harm in having a local version of it. Although a lot of the time it's probably for de-compiling reasons, rather than just wanting to view/play the swf offline.

I dunno, I just feel if they wanted you to have a local copy there would be a download link somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 14:56:21

At 2/24/13 01:38 PM, egg82 wrote: judging by the amount of security they put behind the content, i'm not 100% sure they want you to pull the .swf files off the site...

oh no... am i gonna get banned? I only did it once

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 15:02:43

At 2/24/13 02:56 PM, cheese123 wrote: oh no... am i gonna get banned? I only did it once

probably not. The mods here know the banhammer isn't a toy; aka. they don't ban unless you're breaking some pretty big rules. There's a link in the wiki explaining what you can and can't do.

BBS Signature

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 15:15:27

At 2/24/13 02:56 PM, cheese123 wrote: oh no... am i gonna get banned? I only did it once

I'd be very surprised if you were banned for that.

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 15:44:48

At 2/24/13 03:15 PM, Diki wrote:
I'd be very surprised if you were banned for that.

Besides, tons of portals takes games off the front page of Newgrounds. Making it hard to take games off of NG might actually hurt a lot of people.

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 17:11:03

Taking games off of portal sites and putting them on your own site is a good thing. If they don't want you doing it for whatever reason then they'll site lock it.

Downloading them and playing them offline for your own personal use would actually be the worst thing you could do because you're denying the authors the ability to put in advertisements and track stats. You're also potentially hurting your experience if the game has any online features which you won't be able to benefit from.

- Matt, Rustyarcade.com

Response to download from ng 2013-02-24 18:01:25

At 2/24/13 05:11 PM, Rustygames wrote: Taking games off of portal sites and putting them on your own site is a good thing. If they don't want you doing it for whatever reason then they'll site lock it.

Downloading them and playing them offline for your own personal use would actually be the worst thing you could do because you're denying the authors the ability to put in advertisements and track stats. You're also potentially hurting your experience if the game has any online features which you won't be able to benefit from.

Also I made some old games that I deleted off NG ages ago. It was pretty cool to see that I could google my old games and still play them on another site. I appreciated those sites letting me play my old games again.

Response to download from ng 2013-02-25 00:12:21

I'am wondering the same thing to can't download games...