00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who determines front page audio?

1,400 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 09:41:58

Hey guys.

Before I say anything I need to make clear the fact that this in no way is a jealous thing, or anything along those lines as a matter of fact.
Its simply something I never bothered to ask and would like to know.

Front page audio features, who sets em?
Is it generated from views and scores? Does a moderator do it? A admin?
If so, is it just the job of one person, or do many people manage it?
I ask because I, and perhaps its just me, but I notice certain genres make it to the front page more often the others, so I always just wondered if it was one guy who might have a preference towards certain genres.

Again...my music isn't front page standard, its not even audio page standard...
I've always wondered but never actually asked or checked it out.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 09:44:13

I do . Send me something and maybe I might feature it...

Maybe

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 09:50:18

At 2/22/13 09:44 AM, Sequenced wrote: I do . Send me something and maybe I might feature it...

Maybe

Cool, is it just you alone or you joking me?

Nah I don't want to have anything of mine featured, I just wanted to know how it was done is all.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 09:54:41

The audio mods pick them.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 11:05:49

Really? I think the frontpage has a good variety of genres. What genres would you like to see more?

Also, if there are any songs out there (including yours) that you think are high-quality and wish to see frontpaged, then just message an active audio moderator like me, Sequenced, BrokenDeck, Back-From-Purgatory, etc... and suggest it! There's certainly no guarantee that it will get frontpaged but we sometimes have trouble finding good submissions to frontpage so if anything it'll definitely help.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 11:13:41

At 2/22/13 11:05 AM, Step wrote: Really? I think the frontpage has a good variety of genres. What genres would you like to see more?

Also, if there are any songs out there (including yours) that you think are high-quality and wish to see frontpaged, then just message an active audio moderator like me, Sequenced, BrokenDeck, Back-From-Purgatory, etc... and suggest it! There's certainly no guarantee that it will get frontpaged but we sometimes have trouble finding good submissions to frontpage so if anything it'll definitely help.

What if there was a system where everyone were allowed to submit one song each week to be picked for the front page, but they couldn't send their own. And then the mods pick from what is there? Also you can't submit the same persons piece more than once in a month or something. Probably some other rules to add in and such too, but you get the idea.

I have no problem with the system now, I think it works perfectly fine. Just an idea is all, take it or leave it :p

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 15:35:46

I've decided to unlock this on the condition that it doesn't become yet another "improvements / ideas for audio portal" thread or a place to suggest your own music for the FP.

If there are genres that you feel that you have not noticed as being prevalent on the Front Page, please feel free to express your opinions regarding that subject.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 15:42:03

Thanks for unlocking this mate.

I too notice a slight leaning towards classical and sometimes jazz on the front page, which I guess isn't bad but it just tends to pop up a lot.

I always thought it would be nice to showcase a song from each genre perhaps, but maybe thats a bit too many genres.

Just my thoughts on it all :)

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 15:51:33

At 2/22/13 03:35 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: I've decided to unlock this on the condition that it doesn't become yet another "improvements / ideas for audio portal" thread or a place to suggest your own music for the FP.

Oh that's probably my bad for suggesting my idea... Sorry DX

Check out my pages!

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 15:54:50

At 2/22/13 03:51 PM, stunkel wrote:
Oh that's probably my bad for suggesting my idea... Sorry DX

Here's the link to that thread if you're interested. ;)

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 16:08:21

At 2/22/13 03:42 PM, LazyBucks wrote: Thanks for unlocking this mate.

I too notice a slight leaning towards classical and sometimes jazz on the front page [...]

Surely you must be kidding, I've seen about three jazz songs in the entirety of 2012 on the FP. As for classical, very much agree, although you must understand that there are a lot of competitions that have classical winners, inevitably getting the FP.

It is true I haven't much seen latin or funk music being showcased in a while, but I think that there simply isn't enough audio-allocated spotlights on the FP compared to the other sections.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 20:34:45

Surely you must be kidding, I've seen about three jazz songs in the entirety of 2012 on the FP. As for classical, very much agree, although you must understand that there are a lot of competitions that have classical winners, inevitably getting the FP.

.. because most of the competitions lately seem to be "classical only", or at least classical stuff gets prefered a lot.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-22 21:32:20

even *cough* general contests have classical dominated *cough*. We must raise before classical musicians take over the portal.

I demand a chiptune contest!

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 03:42:03

At 2/22/13 09:04 PM, Elitistinen wrote: even *cough* general contests have classical dominated *cough*. We must raise before classical musicians take over the portal.

I declare war. Even with your Massive tanks and Vanguard of weapon scientists, us orchestral artists will be attacking you from East and from West and you'll never know what hit you.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 09:38:26

At 2/23/13 03:42 AM, Step wrote:
At 2/22/13 09:04 PM, Elitistinen wrote: even *cough* general contests have classical dominated *cough*. We must raise before classical musicians take over the portal.
I declare war. Even with your Massive tanks and Vanguard of weapon scientists, us orchestral artists will be attacking you from East and from West and you'll never know what hit you.

You stand no chance against our Brick Walls, and our Subbassmarines will bring Vengeance upon you while we happily chug Absynth.

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 11:34:53

Orchestral artists will be attacking you from East and from West

I see what you did there

Check out my pages!

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 13:44:07

At 2/23/13 03:42 AM, Step wrote:

Meanwhile, the jazzy funk artists who like being completely original will wait until both of you are done weakening each other before pounding you into the ground with our Omni-powerful skills.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 13:44:35

At 2/23/13 11:34 AM, stunkel wrote:
Orchestral artists will be attacking you from East and from West
I see what you did there

:D

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 14:39:10

At 2/23/13 01:44 PM, SkyeWintrest wrote: Meanwhile, the jazzy funk artists who like being completely original will wait until both of you are done weakening each other before pounding you into the ground with our Omni-powerful skills.

uh have fun, I'm teaming up with the classical guys. They have better battle scene soundtracks

Response to Who determines front page audio? 2013-02-23 15:53:43

At 2/23/13 03:37 PM, Elitistinen wrote: Jazz people go to war with their rusty saxophones.

That's... that's jazzist!