00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do 'supporter' posts stand out?

3,147 Views | 60 Replies

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 22:32:08

At 2/19/13 10:17 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Okay...

Fuckin'. Penicorns. God I love those things.

Anyway, I've only really noticed that someone's a supporter once or twice.

"Anything could happen in the next half hour!"

"For the love of God, don't stop pretending you're a dragon!"

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 22:37:41

At 2/19/13 10:25 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Personally i would like animates sigs backs with bigger avatars

Problem with animated sigs is if the animation is anything more than a subtly sparkling graphic it draws attention away from the actual posts. That, and seizure sigs, but I'm sure mods will be set to handle those - which in turn puts more work to them.

Supporter perks for the forum also has the implication that buying the upgrade is more important for BBS-users than the rest, so any perks in general should probably be equally important for all kinds of users. Increased experience gain would be an example of that, as well as improved right to vote for monthly awards.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 22:41:42

Nope. I don't see a difference, while I have < 100 posts I rarely get quoted. But it is worth the money. I love it and it feels good supporting the site and those who take the time to provide me with countless hours of entertainment.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 22:48:58

At 2/19/13 09:40 PM, Sevkat wrote: amongst the rest of the posts?

No.

You think it'd be worth the twenty five bones?

If you are buying it to get attention you deserve to be disappointed.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 23:15:10

I miss the days of hentai girls asking me to come play with them...

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 23:21:11

Nah they don't stand out to me at all.

Thanks for supporting NG though guys, I like it here

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 23:23:49

At 2/19/13 11:21 PM, Tremulos wrote: Nah they don't stand out to me at all.

Will I at least get a cupcake from you?

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 23:36:00

I'd donate $5, $10 even. But $20? Nope.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-19 23:51:49

At 2/19/13 11:23 PM, UVSoaked wrote:
At 2/19/13 11:21 PM, Tremulos wrote: Nah they don't stand out to me at all.

Will I at least get a cupcake from you?

Of course! I hope you like chocolate (it's homemade)

Do 'supporter' posts stand out?

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 00:14:57

I don't think posts by Supporters are any different than normal people.

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 00:40:01

Are you fucking serious right now?

Shit you might as well take cash from tom at gunpoint and wipe your ass on it

You pathetic fuck
I use both noscript and adblock
am I bad?

You are basically denying people money, yes.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 00:41:53

At 2/20/13 12:09 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: staying afloat on charity isn't really sustainable . . . it's the survival of the fittest (web page)

--supergandhi64

How the fuck is that pic even related?
It doesn't have any "MFW" attributes.
Get the fuck out.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 05:55:02

At 2/19/13 09:40 PM, Sevkat wrote: amongst the rest of the posts? You think it'd be worth the twenty five bones?
I don't think so.

I'm glad they don't. If you're looking for information on who's a supporter and who's not, it's easy to see, but if you're not then it shouldn't be obvious either.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 06:04:13

I don't think they stand out that much. But tbh, you should buy it just because of the red star thingy, you should buy it because you want to support Newgrounds.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 06:33:35

Supporters should get benefits seriously. I buy stuff from the Store and two Support Upgrades a more noticeable item on the BBS to make us stand out and our own private forum isn't asking to much.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 07:14:53

At 2/20/13 06:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Supporters should get benefits seriously. I buy stuff from the Store and two Support Upgrades a more noticeable item on the BBS to make us stand out and our own private forum isn't asking to much.

You already have ads removed from the website. Honestly, all additional benefits would do is create a superiority complex for supporters. You purchased the upgrade to help out Newgrounds, not to escalate your social status on the BBS.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 07:20:10

No. They don't really stand out.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 07:26:12

It's $25. I work for practically minimum wage and $25 isn't a lot of money to me. Chill the fuck out

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 07:29:46

At 2/20/13 07:14 AM, Sectus wrote: You already have ads removed from the website.

Adblock and I wouldnt have to pay.

Honestly, all additional benefits would do is create a superiority complex for supporters. You purchased the upgrade to help out Newgrounds, not to escalate your social status on the BBS.

Or it could be used as a incentive to get more people to support. And this equal bullshit us retarded we pay money and buy stuff from the store while asshats like xeno just use adblock? We should get perks regardless if non-supporters bitch I dont see them overly contributing especially the ones who adblock and deprave the site from revenvue.

A private forum a better supporter icon on the Bbs and animated sigs isn't asking much

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 09:07:06

At 2/20/13 06:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: Supporters should get benefits seriously. I buy stuff from the Store and two Support Upgrades a more noticeable item on the BBS to make us stand out and our own private forum isn't asking to much.

Having more exclusives would turn this into Battlefield Premium, and that just ruined the Battlefield experience.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 09:16:28

At 2/20/13 07:29 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: A private forum a better supporter icon on the Bbs and animated sigs isn't asking much

I'm not sure if I like the idea of a private forum. Having leftover money to spend doesn't correlate to being a good poster.
I'm also worried about the superiority complex and "buying" social status issues that has been mentioned. I think it's important to be able to reach full functionality of the site without having to pay.

Perhaps a sort of ranking system that determines contribution to the site? Submitting creations, getting awards, stuff like that could determine contribution, and a supporter upgrade could be a boost to that stat?

I'm just thinking out loud, I think the NG staff has other higher priority projects at the moment anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 09:30:04

Implying that supporters want their posts to stand out. I mostly did it to support the site that I have been on for more than 10 years.

Hell, if there was a "Donate Beer $$$" button I'd probably purchase a couple of those too; Of course, the money would have to be used for beer and absolutely nothing else.

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 10:12:35

At 2/20/13 09:19 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I pretty much disagree with everything Tony-DarkGrave said.
Supporters wouldn't need their own forum, what would they discuss then? I'm pretty sure what they'd discuss would just be your average general forum thread, that or "Hey guys, we're so much better than the people who don't support NG, hurr!" shit.
You guys don't need your own forum, n'or do you need more privileges than no ads and a red star.

Last night I just noticed the supporter thing is visible without clicking on someone's profile and now you show me the red star, holy crap.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 10:44:22

At 2/20/13 07:29 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: We should get perks regardless if non-supporters bitch I dont see them overly contributing especially the ones who adblock and deprave the site from revenvue.

A private forum a better supporter icon on the Bbs and animated sigs isn't asking much

I'm all for more supporter features. Which would give people an incentive to buy it.
But animated sigs is stretching it. Animated icons or slightly bigger icons would be nice though.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 10:45:51

At 2/20/13 10:44 AM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/20/13 07:29 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: We should get perks regardless if non-supporters
But animated sigs is stretching it. Animated icons or slightly bigger icons would be nice though.

Or a new aura would also be pretty nice.

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 13:42:57

At 2/20/13 09:19 AM, Amaranthus wrote: I pretty much disagree with everything Tony-DarkGrave said.
Supporters wouldn't need their own forum, what would they discuss then? I'm pretty sure what they'd discuss would just be your average general forum thread, that or "Hey guys, we're so much better than the people who don't support NG, hurr!" shit.
You guys don't need your own forum, n'or do you need more privileges than no ads and a red star.

of course you would, a few more subtle Supporter features wouldn't kill anything or cause elitism, Christ. Alot of internet communities that do a support feature get some little benefits like a private forum/lounge, or extended Signature and Avatar space. its purely cosmetic and Supplemental. and the fact that Supporter status only lasts a YEAR means people would have to renew it to keep the benefits giving Tom and Wade more money to support the site,

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 14:14:32

now that I think about it, animated sigs would be a nice add-on.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 14:26:51

At 2/20/13 06:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: our own private forum isn't asking to much.

Obligatory 10,000+ posts / moderator / supporter forum.

fuck yuo idiote

BBS Signature

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 15:46:32

At 2/20/13 02:26 PM, Sevkat wrote:
At 2/20/13 06:33 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: our own private forum isn't asking to much.
Obligatory 10,000+ posts / moderator / supporter forum.

the 10K lounge has been around forever. the mod forum is for mods only and the Supporter forum should happen.

Response to Do 'supporter' posts stand out? 2013-02-20 16:25:24

Here we learn that Tony Darkgrave would be a very shitty sociologist

Newgrounds is too good to take our money for the wrong reasons. I gave my money out of sincerity and what I feel I owe to the site, not what it can do for me. That's why I'm a supporter and not some platinum member.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature