00:00
00:00

Tattoos

3,810 Views | 50 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:20:45

At 2/18/13 08:07 PM, 372 wrote: Yeah I wouldn't get that done on me ether, I don't think it fits the skin all that well. It was a bad example.
On the other hand stuff like this I think works beautiful with skin.

These people remind me of this.

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:24:19

The art can be cool but why get it etched on your skin? That's what I don't get. It's P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T. Have fun in 20 years.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:32:25

At 2/18/13 08:24 PM, therisingtide wrote: The art can be cool but why get it etched on your skin? That's what I don't get. It's P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T. Have fun in 20 years.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm in love with art. If people wanna judge you for you are or what your skin looks like they're not smart enough to understand in the first place. SO fuck um'.
You sound like my 60 year old dad, no one is forcing you to do it? Why do you even care if a piece of art is on somebodies skin or on paper? I've met a couple of elderly people who love they're tattoos. They bring them back to a time in their lives and remind them of who they once where. In fact I've gone with my girlfriends 65 year old grandmother to get a new tattoo.

Tattoos

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:49:17

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm in love with art. If people wanna judge you for you are or what your skin looks like they're not smart enough to understand in the first place. SO fuck um'.

What do you mean by "not smart enough to understand"? Are you trying to undermine my intelligence based off my opinion? Humble yourself.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:53:19

At 2/18/13 08:24 PM, therisingtide wrote: The art can be cool but why get it etched on your skin? That's what I don't get. It's P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T. Have fun in 20 years.

I hope you don't have this kind of attitude towards all tattoos. I agree with you on the ones 372 is showing off. The art is undoubtedly pretty but I wouldn't want those type of designs on my skin for the rest of my life.

The tattoo I intend to get has a deep meaning for me and would be a reminder of someone I loved and lost. I could be 90 and I will still remember them fondly in my heart even if my memories are a bit fuzzy so that is why I intend to get a permanent tribute of them on my body. So that they are never truly gone, that they will always have a place with me.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 20:58:04

I hope you don't have this kind of attitude towards all tattoos. I agree with you on the ones 372 is showing off. The art is undoubtedly pretty but I wouldn't want those type of designs on my skin for the rest of my life.:The tattoo I intend to get has a deep meaning for me and would be a reminder of someone I loved and lost. I could be 90 and I will still remember them fondly in my heart even if my memories are a bit fuzzy so that is why I intend to get a permanent tribute of them on my body. So that they are never truly gone, that they will always have a place with me.

Oh yeah man, I totally condone the deeply meaningful ones you speak of. I really like that.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 21:02:11

At 2/18/13 08:53 PM, Gagsy wrote:
I hope you don't have this kind of attitude towards all tattoos. I agree with you on the ones 372 is showing off. The art is undoubtedly pretty but I wouldn't want those type of designs on my skin for the rest of my life.

The tattoo I intend to get has a deep meaning for me and would be a reminder of someone I loved and lost. I could be 90 and I will still remember them fondly in my heart even if my memories are a bit fuzzy so that is why I intend to get a permanent tribute of them on my body. So that they are never truly gone, that they will always have a place with me.

Those are all custom designs, that the artist and the customer both worked on together. They obviously hold meaning to the person getting it on them forever. Many small elements you may over look can have tons of meaning. If you wanna believe they're just cliche "look pretty" tattoo's then whatever. They mean something to someone.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 21:06:53

At 2/18/13 09:02 PM, 372 wrote:
Those are all custom designs, that the artist and the customer both worked on together. They obviously hold meaning to the person getting it on them forever. Many small elements you may over look can have tons of meaning. If you wanna believe they're just cliche "look pretty" tattoo's then whatever. They mean something to someone.

I'm sure they do mean something to the person who got them. But you cannot deny that the people wanted those type of tattoos partly because of the "This will LOOK so good" factor. They're design them purposely to look as pretty as possible. I really do hope they have a deep meaning.

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 21:11:40

At 2/18/13 09:06 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/18/13 09:02 PM, 372 wrote:
I'm sure they do mean something to the person who got them. But you cannot deny that the people wanted those type of tattoos partly because of the "This will LOOK so good" factor. They're design them purposely to look as pretty as possible. I really do hope they have a deep meaning.

Well they're all the same artist, Antony Flemming. He's the one with the style, usually the idea of the tattoo comes from the customer. Just because he incorporated other elements make it look like a complete piece of art shouldn't take away from the meaning of the subject.
I'm not disagreeing though people do get tattoo's to "look pretty" but I have no problem at all with that. If they want a tattoo because it's beautiful then why not.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 21:13:23

At 2/18/13 09:11 PM, 372 wrote:
Well they're all the same artist, Antony Flemming. He's the one with the style, usually the idea of the tattoo comes from the customer. Just because he incorporated other elements make it look like a complete piece of art shouldn't take away from the meaning of the subject.
I'm not disagreeing though people do get tattoo's to "look pretty" but I have no problem at all with that. If they want a tattoo because it's beautiful then why not.

When an owl rapes their father and murders their mother that person in the last photo may regret their tattoo decision. Just saying.

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-18 21:18:16

At 2/18/13 04:31 AM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: But it is addictive. I am only getting spiritual tattoos.

BUT. You can imagine how much I want a cutie mark tattoo. I'm not going to do it, Mrs/ ZAAL will have a fit. But I really, really want it.

If I was to have a tattoo, it would have to be a cutie mark for sure. But even then I wouldn't enjoy getting a tattoo really.

The only tattoos I fully approve of are proper tribal ones, not "tribal" with people claiming they have a tribal tattoo when its some black lines thing as they are just faking it. But actual tribes of people who have the tradition of marking their bodies and have done for hundreds - thousands of years. When you have it as being a part of your tradition then it is fully acceptable and infact desirable, I would approve of seeing people with the markings of their tribes or clans from where they originated and even if they had them on their face etc. (which many likely do) I wouldn't hold anything against them for it when it came to work etc. But people who do such things in first world countries where such ancient traditions don't exist don't have any similar reasoning, they are doing it because they think it's a good idea or want to look cool, and not having the marks due to it being their ancient traditions and way of life.

Question time.
Did anyone have a moment in their lives when they felt like getting their face tattooed? I've heard some people mention it also and it seems like most people during their youth get such an idea, of course most don't follow through with it as they know it will be stupid, but they still have the idea none the less.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 00:47:59

At 2/18/13 07:49 PM, therisingtide wrote: don't get one, tattoos are friggen ugly.
At 2/18/13 07:52 PM, NightOwl wrote: Tattoos are unattractive

You think I care? Clearly my good looks haven't got me very far with women. They don't care about looks.

At 2/18/13 07:35 PM, MrSoxfan wrote: Also, nothing says "don't hire me!" like a visible tattoo.

That's why you don't get anything below the sleeves or anywhere where your skin will be visible in proper dress...

At 2/18/13 07:57 PM, illicit wrote: get something you'll rock at the age of 60

Once I'm old and wrinkly I won't give a fuck about my looks anyway and I'll have way bigger problems than a faded tattoo.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 00:50:38

ITT: Useless tattoo argument

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 00:54:52

I want a tattoo, but my arm has acne and would fuck the tattoo all up. I don't know what design I wanted either. I was thinking of going full weeaboo and getting the gurrn lagann symbol. Justify it by saying it represents doing the impossible, breaking barriers and shit

Tattoos

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:05:46

At 2/19/13 04:03 AM, Ma1achi wrote: I'm going to add to the information given by a few posters, and also ignore the idiots who have posted in this thread that don't have a clue what they are talking about (why would they, they don't have tattoos).

HAHAHAHA, Fucking Pokemon on your arm? Fucking wow. Do you have any individuality at all?

I hope you have a tolerance for pain, because whoever says they don't hurt is lying. Although, the pain threshold depends on the location on the body.

Mr. Tufff and his Pokeman tattoos. What a bitch.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:09:32

At 2/19/13 04:08 AM, Ma1achi wrote: You told me to stop talking to you on your blog, and now you're talk to me, go figure.

lol, yeah. I did. And this is a forum. And you got a shit tattoo. Blog is for people I care about.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:18:46

At 2/18/13 12:33 AM, mothballs wrote: Any of you with tattoos out there?

I got a few. 3 to be exact.

I'm about to get one but I'm not too sure how to go about it. I already know what design I want and where I want it, but does that mean I can pretty much just print out a picture of it and show it to a nearby tattoo artist and tell him to do it? Do I need a stencil of some sort to give the guy, like a lot of these websites are offering (with purchasable downloads of course)?

You could give them a picture, or simply just explain the idea to them and they'll make a stencil to show you.

I'm crazy! Got a doctor's note.

Find me on the internet

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:23:28

At 2/19/13 04:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote: Here's another one for extra hate.

I don't hate anything. I just thing they're an incredibly stupid tattoos. So generic they might as well be barcodes. There's nothing you can ever say to be that can top you having a children's cartoon on your forearm. No creativity at all.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:36:30

At 2/19/13 04:23 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/19/13 04:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote: Here's another one for extra hate.
I don't hate anything. I just thing they're an incredibly stupid tattoos. So generic they might as well be barcodes. There's nothing you can ever say to be that can top you having a children's cartoon on your forearm. No creativity at all.

Tattoos aren't meant to be creative. You're supposed to get a tattoo because you like it, not because you want something that's creative.

Find me on the internet

BBS Signature

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:46:43

At 2/19/13 04:36 AM, Ma1achi wrote: there's about 10 people in the world who have pokemon tattoos

Hahahaha

It's ok if you're jealous, swag is not for everyone. :)

You have an IRL neck beard, What swag?

At 2/19/13 04:36 AM, LiquidFire wrote: Tattoos aren't meant to be creative. You're supposed to get a tattoo because you like it, not because you want something that's creative.

Basically, I'm wrong, you're right is the way you're wording things. You can put whatever you want on your body. I think tattooing a brand on your body is ugly and shows you have no creativity. At least Ma1achi put some effort into making the series of tattoos his own but still.

Response to Tattoos 2013-02-19 04:55:15

At 2/19/13 04:46 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/19/13 04:36 AM, LiquidFire wrote: In my opinion tattoos aren't meant to be creative. You're supposed to get a tattoo because you like it, not because you want something that's creative.
Basically, I'm wrong, you're right is the way you're wording things.

I'm sorry. I fixed the post. It should have been clear as day that it was my personal opinion.

Find me on the internet

BBS Signature