00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

People who weren't really heroes?

3,259 Views | 42 Replies

People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 22:35:23

All this Chris Dorner stuff had me thinking(this isn't a Chris Dorner thread), this guy is not a hero. He has done nothing heroic. People are just connecting his life to the lives of people they see in action movies. Romantic renegades that fight on the side of justices.

Anyways, before I start turning this into a Chris Dorner thread(I swear, I'm not trying to turn this into one), who else can you guys think of that you believe isn't a hero, but society thinks or thought they were?

I can think of a lot of people. Even politicians. Andrew Jackson, for example. Of course, I don't need to explain why.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 22:44:46

At 2/13/13 10:37 PM, Sekhem wrote: andrew jackson was a great hero

are you native american or a pussy or something

First one, then the other.

Actually, American General Haratio Gates wasn't a hero, either. He took credit for Benedict Arnold's decisions that won the Battle of Saratoga. Yet, even until today Gates gets credit(that is the actual reason Arnold turned on the US. Bitterness from Gate's taking the credit for his victory).

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:08:25

Guy Fawkes.

Although most people probably don't really know who he is. They just saw the mask in V for Vendetta and thought it was really cool.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:14:40

Jesus Christ. He was really just a douchebag high on mushrooms.

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:31:06

At 2/13/13 10:50 PM, Sekhem wrote:
do you consider james k polk a hero

Hell yes.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:41:23

Gandhi, seriously.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:44:29

You know who wasn't really a hero? William Tecumseh Sherman. His march to the sea was very barbaric and while I am grateful that the North won the war, we didn't really need to use guerrilla style warfare.

Also, Grant was a prick.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-13 23:50:08

At 2/13/13 11:08 PM, Darthdenim wrote: Guy Fawkes.

Although most people probably don't really know who he is. They just saw the mask in V for Vendetta and thought it was really cool.

Yeah, it seems he was more like a terrorist than a hero. Trying to blow up a building full of people isn't very heroic.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 00:05:42

Don't you know there are no more heroes.

I'd go with Louis Riel. This man was pure lunacy. You know he had forty man nearly killed in his name against the entire Canadian Army. Just so that Metis people could have a say, like wtf did coloured people have a say, no, did Chinese people have a say, no. They just worked harder to make a living and a future for their generation to come. The metis didn't they just complained that "their" land was being taken away. Yeah right since when did they have any claim, seen when did anyone. As much as I respect god, his under-kings were douchebags who nearly got my entire race nearly extinct through famine, war, and disease.

I'd go with Colonel Custer, this man had serious issues same with his troops that were under his command. Fucking republican bastards how could they commit genocide at such a high rate and be crowned heroes for it. I'm glad they were butchered.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 00:28:08

At 2/13/13 11:16 PM, Ma1achi wrote: the military

America

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 01:10:41

At 2/14/13 12:59 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Any musician, actor, and sports star is usually just a douchebag, but people look up to them.

Where are you getting your information from?

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 01:12:19

At 2/14/13 01:10 AM, TheColourAwesome wrote:
At 2/14/13 12:59 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Any musician, actor, and sports star is usually just a douchebag, but people look up to them.
Where are you getting your information from?

I too would like to know this.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 01:44:54

At 2/14/13 01:35 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Musicians, actors, and sports stars are legitimately in it for themselves. They have no shame in plugging whatever thing it is that will make them the most money, and if it means selling out beliefs, what is a belief really? An idea based on some limited level morale he or she has once followed, and since realized that reality is paper dollars. It's a you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours world we live in. Who in their right mind wouldn't sell out?

You don't listen to much music, do you? Of course not.

(Oh no! You might have to read a wall of text, thus making anything I say a "cool story bro!")

People on this website are such faggots. Why do you care at all?

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 01:51:28

At 2/14/13 01:46 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
At 2/14/13 01:42 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Well said. Terrorists are most commonly freedom fighters. They are called terrorists and extremists, but anyone with a backbone is going to fight back if a foreign government decides to murder their leaders today, and try to start a "democracy" in their land. Yeah, democracy is a nice safe, fancy word. Another word for raping a country for it's resources, and killing all who stand in the way of making more money, and gaining more power.

What about a country that has openly stated the desire to destroy another country? Do they still have back bone then?

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 03:03:06

At 2/14/13 01:35 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
Musicians, actors, and sports stars are legitimately in it for themselves. They have no shame in plugging whatever thing it is that will make them the most money, and if it means selling out beliefs, what is a belief really? An idea based on some limited level morale he or she has once followed, and since realized that reality is paper dollars. It's a you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours world we live in. Who in their right mind wouldn't sell out?

I think you have a slight misconception on what "selling out" actually means. People don't use it in the context of someone betraying their beliefs for money, the term is applied whenever an artist merely makes money directly from their vision; it's meant to imply that simply using your vision as a catalyst for producing money immediately compromises the vision itself and thus challenges the substantiality of the content because by selling copies of it or the content itself it means you don't hold it in a respect of being precious as you gave it away in trade, therefore if the author doesn't value it as being priceless then why should the audience value it at all?

It's fucking retarded because the preferred alternative is that the author give it away to their audience for free, which by the same logic they apply to the concept of selling the content for money, giving it away for free shows that the author doesn't value it at a price but rather values it as nothing; nothing that's worth protecting or preserving or even owning. To be an author who maintains this position is a half step up from calling their content generic, because anyone can have it and anyone can use it and because of that it's nothing special.

The irony of it all is that the logic is based around the premise that the author is selfish because the audience is entitled to experience the content just as well as the author is despite them never contributing to the content's creation. People who maintain this frame of logic also maintain the mentality that content that is merely found, not created or conceived, thus it's selfish to not give it to whoever asks for a slice even if it means the author inadvertently becomes deprived of their cut by the end of it.

By their own logic the author can never maintain the status of being an artist because they view the content they make as being inherently public domain rather than as a catalyst of self expression, yet they call people who give their content away for free 'real artists' because they serve the audience's self serving bias.

It's not a frame of logic that should be given affirmation with "You'd do it too and so would I", it should be rejected in it's entirety because it's fucking retarded.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 03:44:53

At 2/13/13 10:35 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: who else can you guys think of that you believe isn't a hero, but society thinks or thought they were?

Soldiers, people in the government, Chuck Norris...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 03:56:24

At 2/14/13 03:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote:
At 2/14/13 03:03 AM, Psychopath wrote:
At 2/14/13 01:35 AM, Stereocrisis wrote:
This is derailing the whole point. The point was musicians and what have you are duschebags/assholes.

In which case you're wrong to rebuke me because he was defending the behavior, not critiquing it.

If you actually had experience with BEING AROUND OTHER MUSICIANS instead of just listening to their awesome music you would realize Stereo is on point.

Implying that you have, in fact, personal experience with famous musicians.

Tell me more.

People who weren't really heroes?

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 07:34:40

Malcom X

"you hate gays, believe in god, and dislike my posts, I still think you're cool"-FurryFox

"TarahlovesJBKscawk"-Tarah, "Those (under)pants are just adorable"-Gagsy

Last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 08:48:31

Fuck anybody and everybody who said the military. I think that nelson Mandela isn't a hero, he's a terrorist.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 11:16:34

the military

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 11:18:44

At 2/13/13 11:41 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Gandhi, seriously.

this

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 11:34:38

At 2/14/13 03:17 AM, Ma1achi wrote: This is derailing the whole point. The point was musicians and what have you are duschebags/assholes. If you actually had experience with BEING AROUND OTHER MUSICIANS instead of just listening to their awesome music you would realize Stereo is on point. Musicians are full of themselves because they can do something most people cannot and it goes to their head.

Dude I've been around plenty of other musicians and have never once met one that was "full of themselves".
I'm not sure exactly what it is you're on.
But I think you better stop. Because it's cutting off blood flow to your brain.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 15:51:33

Amanda Todd. She did nothing important. She killed herself. And yet I saw a ton of long, drawn out, whiny Facebook statuses and pictures about how she was an angel and a hero. That kind of shit pisses me off above all else.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 15:52:44

At 2/13/13 10:35 PM, vannila-guerilla wrote: <snip>

The guy in your avatar was a pretty big piece of shit

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 15:54:14

President Lincoln.

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 15:58:31

At 2/14/13 11:20 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Obama, the Nobel winner.

Only murderer to ever win one, I think

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 16:32:32

At 2/14/13 03:51 PM, Scarface wrote: Amanda Todd. She did nothing important. She killed herself. And yet I saw a ton of long, drawn out, whiny Facebook statuses and pictures about how she was an angel and a hero. That kind of shit pisses me off above all else.

Yeah i couldn't figure that one out myself. She was no one special, she was just a whore that drank bleach when things got to much for her.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-14 20:31:08

At 2/14/13 03:51 PM, Scarface wrote: Amanda Todd. She did nothing important. She killed herself. And yet I saw a ton of long, drawn out, whiny Facebook statuses and pictures about how she was an angel and a hero. That kind of shit pisses me off above all else.

not a hero, but still an hero.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-15 01:03:00

To all those who say Lincoln: FUCK YOU

If it were not for Lincoln the south would have seceded and America wouldn't be the great country it is today.

Lincoln was a smart man and an American patriot who did MANY tough decisions and did things other politicians would have been too stupid and pussy to do (such as deception) all to make America the great unified country it is today anyone who disagrees is a communist nazi fuckhead

wats up

Response to People who weren't really heroes? 2013-02-15 01:07:23

nelson mandela was no hero he did a bunch of terrorist shit and stopped apartheid but for what?

africa is more corrupt and crime ridden than ever and nelson mandela doesn't even care

wats up