00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hong Kong needs your help!

2,770 Views | 45 Replies

Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 11:58:56

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/baby-hunger-outbre ak-hong-kong-international-aid-requested/xVSGJNN1?utm_source =wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Baby Hunger Outbreak in Hong Kong, International Aid Requested

Local parents in Hong Kong can hardly buy baby formula milk powder in drugstores and supermarkets, as smugglers from mainland China storm to this tiny city to buy milk powder and resell for huge profits in China. Many retailers stockpiled milk powder and are reluctant to sell to local parents as the shops can sell their stocks in big cartons to mainland smuggler for huge profits. Countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand exercise rationed sale to tourist buyers from China for milk powder but the Hong Kong government simply frame the situation as a matter of free trade and refuse to exercise law which is already there to stop cross-border smuggling. We request for international support and assistance as babies in Hong Kong will face malnutrition very soon.

Anyone who wants to sign this petition needs to sign in, if you don't have account, you have to create it in order to help us. WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are looking for international aid to concern the problem.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 12:03:55

who cares? no and just let them starve there are enough people in china anyways.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 12:13:21

At 2/8/13 12:03 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: who cares? no and just let them starve there are enough people in china anyways.

Hong Kong is different from Mainland China, we aim to stop people from China coming to HK continuously.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 12:19:46

At 2/8/13 12:13 PM, KL4588 wrote:
At 2/8/13 12:03 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: who cares? no and just let them starve there are enough people in china anyways.
Hong Kong is different from Mainland China, we aim to stop people from China coming to HK continuously.

All HK is is a administrative zone its part of china. And who gives a shit? Chinese deal with chinese problems. Let the people die they could use it

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 12:42:29

At 2/8/13 12:19 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/8/13 12:13 PM, KL4588 wrote:
All HK is is a administrative zone its part of china. And who gives a shit? Chinese deal with chinese problems. Let the people die they could use it

It is the problem caused by Mainland China. I hope everyone can understand the differences between two places.

Our government is corrupt and always ignore citizens' demand, we do not have power and so cannot deal with it well. Also, the problem has spread to other countries, those Mainlanders are notorious for their bad behaviours, so that's not only a problem of HK. That's why it's the right time for us to seek for international aid.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 13:29:23

At 2/8/13 01:14 PM, Light wrote: Something tells me you wouldn't be saying such foolish things if you were a parent in Hong Kong whose kid was starving.

I hate kids. plus Chinese Taxes on em are pretty high.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 13:39:25

At 2/8/13 01:14 PM, Light wrote:
At 2/8/13 12:19 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
Something tells me you wouldn't be saying such foolish things if you were a parent in Hong Kong whose kid was starving.

Thanks for your saying. I'm just a studentof in HK, but I have noticed the problem and I will nver ignore it.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 13:51:19

At 2/8/13 01:39 PM, KL4588 wrote: Thanks for your saying. I'm just a studentof in HK, but I have noticed the problem and I will nver ignore it.

and like you could do anything about it. all thats happening is, is the same thing thats happening in NK.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 13:56:38

At 2/8/13 01:54 PM, Light wrote: You hate children so much that you approve of letting a group of them starve in Hong Kong.

no I hate other peoples Kids, I can deal with my family members and friends kids and gotten use to being a Uncle but that whole region is overpopulated and the earth only has so much resources why would feed the and hasten the cancer that will kill us?

It's like you have no shred of humanity in you whatsoever.

oh I have humanity, I'm just desensitized.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 18:38:40

Wow typical internet bullshit, someone tries to create humanitarian aid and charity or raise awareness about problems in other countries and someone just replies "fuck you who cares".

Hong Kong has some of the highest living standards in the world though, it's sad that China would strip that wealth to give to the rest of the country, reminds me of what Iraq did in Kuwait.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 18:43:26

The level of intelligence and compassion is appalling.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 19:08:17

At 2/8/13 06:43 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The level of intelligence and compassion is appalling.

hong kong has some of the highest living standards and a GDP of $243.67 Billion and if there are people who cares its not our problem its the chinese we owe them enough fucking money anyways, why give them humanitarian aid when the government is just going to pocket the money anyways?

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 19:14:07

At 2/8/13 07:08 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/8/13 06:43 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: The level of intelligence and compassion is appalling.
hong kong has some of the highest living standards and a GDP of $243.67 Billion and if there are people who cares its not our problem its the chinese we owe them enough fucking money anyways, why give them humanitarian aid when the government is just going to pocket the money anyways?

You help out your brothers. China is the USA's bro but you seem to think it's a one way street and that my friend is a delusion that will end you up in a whole pile of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 19:27:39

At 2/8/13 07:14 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: You help out your brothers. China is the USA's bro but you seem to think it's a one way street and that my friend is a delusion that will end you up in a whole pile of shit.

LOL china is getting the best end of the stick the US owes more money than the Chinese have and they are manipulating their own currency to match it, China is doing a lot better than you think economically.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 19:39:18

At 2/8/13 07:27 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/8/13 07:14 PM, leanlifter1 wrote: You help out your brothers. China is the USA's bro but you seem to think it's a one way street and that my friend is a delusion that will end you up in a whole pile of shit.
LOL china is getting the best end of the stick the US owes more money than the Chinese have and they are manipulating their own currency to match it, China is doing a lot better than you think economically.

I completely understand that China has a lock on the world economy right now but that's not by accident as they have planned this and worked there asses off for this since the second world war ended. USAs people are greedy for material wealth that;s why it failed China profits from greedy people and in turn stocks up on tangible resources, products, gold and military forces with the money earned from greedy people/countries. The only play the US has now is it's Military strong arm but it will not always be that way.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-08 23:37:44

Surely people could feed the people of this country before we feed others? Surely we have affairs of our own? No one can do everything and priorities are important. If you don't take care of the big things in life first you won't have room for them later.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-09 11:10:44

At 2/8/13 11:37 PM, Ceratisa wrote: Surely people could feed the people of this country before we feed others? Surely we have affairs of our own? No one can do everything and priorities are important. If you don't take care of the big things in life first you won't have room for them later.

No. This is a humanitarian crisis, the first thing any normal person does is recognize that it's a problem and that they could help, not "fuck you who cares". You're right we do have our own problems, that doesn't mean we can't help people there as well.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-09 11:16:47

At 2/9/13 11:10 AM, Warforger wrote: No. This is a humanitarian crisis, the first thing any normal person does is recognize that it's a problem and that they could help, not "fuck you who cares".

people die in the tens thousands daily in africa and other shitoles and you probably never think about it during your everyday life.

:You're right we do have our own problems, that doesn't mean we can't help people there as well.

Contrary to popular belief we are not the fucking world police, let them fend for themselves.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-10 19:02:44

Not saying that the cause isn't a valid one, but I do believe that the American people should be more worried about their own problems before helping an administrative zone in which it has one of the highest living standards in the world, and a hell of a lot higher than the majority of mainland China itself.

Let's be 100% honest here, even with the aid that we sent to Africa all the time, we can't stop the problems of starvation there, especially when the aid usually ends up with the warlords or other undesirables who gets their hands on it first. The thought of aid is noble, but more times than not, it doesn't work out for whatever reason, making it an effort of futility. It would be not much different if we sent aid to Hong Kong, considering that the wrong people will likely get their hands on it first.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-10 21:06:04

At 2/9/13 11:16 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/9/13 11:10 AM, Warforger wrote: No. This is a humanitarian crisis, the first thing any normal person does is recognize that it's a problem and that they could help, not "fuck you who cares".
people die in the tens thousands daily in africa and other shitoles and you probably never think about it during your everyday life.

You're right we do have our own problems, that doesn't mean we can't help people there as well.
Contrary to popular belief we are not the fucking world police, let them fend for themselves.

I am glad when those major floods happened in the US that the people from down East Canada we call the ones from Newfoundland "Newfies" helped you guy's out. They took in 10s of thousands of AMERICAN families into their own homes with open arms and gave them food, shelter clothing and friendship in a major time of need. That's called community and it's exactly what is needed to overthrow the corrupt powers that be.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-10 21:52:53

At 2/9/13 11:16 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: people die in the tens thousands daily in africa and other shitoles and you probably never think about it during your everyday life.

Right but I think charity is still a good thing which the point here. You don't even think we should even try to help. Africa of all places needs outside help because it lacks the resources otherwise.

This isn't being the world police this is talking about a humanitarian problem. Besides there isn't much Hong Kong can do other than ask for help.

Oh and the USA is the world police whether it wants to be or not, if it wasn't then the world would crumble.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-10 22:02:45

At 2/10/13 09:52 PM, Warforger wrote:
Oh and the USA is the world police whether it wants to be or not, if it wasn't then the world would crumble.

The US is crumbling and can't even legitimately support it's self right now.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-11 10:28:04

Nice to see the bar being raised in the Politics forum, haven of intellectually stimulating discussions.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-11 10:34:37

At 2/11/13 10:28 AM, Feoric wrote:
Nice to see the bar being raised in the Politics forum, haven of intellectually stimulating discussions.

Well Feoric, where do you stand? The united states can't even feed its own people right now.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-11 13:40:21

At 2/11/13 10:34 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Well Feoric, where do you stand? The united states can't even feed its own people right now.

true and we owe enough money to China as is and most aid money the US sends gets pocketed by officials or local officials anyways, work on the US first then other countries people. China is one of the Fastest growing countries economically and they sure as hell could do it themselves. why should we interfere? we are not the world police.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-11 15:33:04

At 2/11/13 10:34 AM, Ceratisa wrote:
At 2/11/13 10:28 AM, Feoric wrote:
Well Feoric, where do you stand? The united states can't even feed its own people right now.

Yet they still insist on continuing fighting false wars that are supposed to be ended and should not have been started in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-11 15:37:04

At 2/11/13 01:40 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 2/11/13 10:34 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Well Feoric, where do you stand? The united states can't even feed its own people right now.
true and we owe enough money to China as is and most aid money the US sends gets pocketed by officials or local officials anyways, work on the US first then other countries people. China is one of the Fastest growing countries economically and they sure as hell could do it themselves. why should we interfere? we are not the world police.

Interfere ? LOL the US is a major part of China's economy if the states help China it would be tantamount to helping the States. But of course you are under the delusion that every country must fend for themselves when that not how running an economy works. Oh the economy does not stop at the end of US soil either LOL.

BBS Signature

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-13 09:59:51

i have signed the partition. but i don't think it would solve the fundamental problem, that there will always be irresponsible mainlanders, and that there is little the government can do except law enforcement.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-13 10:17:51

At 2/10/13 09:52 PM, Warforger wrote: Right but I think charity is still a good thing which the point here. You don't even think we should even try to help. Africa of all places needs outside help because it lacks the resources otherwise.

look at the UN they give money and Food aid to those Shitholes in Africa and it goes to either the local Warlords or corrupt politicians alot of good it does. and they have the resources believe it or not.

This isn't being the world police this is talking about a humanitarian problem. Besides there isn't much Hong Kong can do other than ask for help.

who cares about humanitarian effort? "Hello Bank can I get a loan on good will and Charity?" NO? Money you say?! they can ask for help but its not like were gonna help there asses. Chinese deal with Chinese problems.

Response to Hong Kong needs your help! 2013-02-14 11:57:19

Hey, I'm not saying that USA is the world police, but it is the most influential and strongest country in the world currently. What we want is not just rely on the USA government itself, I understand that USA has its own problems, it's right for USA government to prioritize USA's own problems. In fact, what we need is international concern of the problem, I think USA can influence the United Nations, and then UN can turn the screws on the HK government, in order to force it to deal with the problem seriously. If USA government is willing to help us directly, of course it's welcome too.