00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pulling this angel together-input?

769 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

SO this is meant to be a portfolio illustration, not for any project or assignment, or anything important. What I want to know is what you think of it as a piece, the feeling it puts forth, and of course I WANT CRITIQUE. I just need to make sure it shines, you know?

Thanks!

O HAI

BBS Signature

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-05 02:54:45

The background is reflecting a light source from the complete opposite direction to the figure in the foreground. The wings seem to be ignoring both sources. Her hair seems to be generating a light source of its own.

A bit of utter confusion there. Also some incongruity between the action-orientated pose and the static background, would advise trying to make the background a lot more "dramatic", compared to the idyllic scenery it is now. Good luck, man.

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-05 03:06:35

At 2/5/13 02:54 AM, Lintire wrote: The background is reflecting a light source from the complete opposite direction to the figure in the foreground. The wings seem to be ignoring both sources. Her hair seems to be generating a light source of its own.

A bit of utter confusion there. Also some incongruity between the action-orientated pose and the static background, would advise trying to make the background a lot more "dramatic", compared to the idyllic scenery it is now. Good luck, man.

So do you reckon I should have reflected light from the hair on the wings, and perhaps some light coming through the feathers? I havent added the sun yet, but it will be behind her, out of view.

O HAI

BBS Signature

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-05 03:17:13

At 2/5/13 03:06 AM, Jenou wrote: So do you reckon I should have reflected light from the hair on the wings, and perhaps some light coming through the feathers? I havent added the sun yet, but it will be behind her, out of view.

If you think it would work, sure. Like I said, it was more confusing then anything else. It sounds like a good way to address it though.

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-05 03:28:05

At 2/5/13 03:17 AM, Lintire wrote:
At 2/5/13 03:06 AM, Jenou wrote: So do you reckon I should have reflected light from the hair on the wings, and perhaps some light coming through the feathers? I havent added the sun yet, but it will be behind her, out of view.
If you think it would work, sure. Like I said, it was more confusing then anything else. It sounds like a good way to address it though.

I actually see what you mean now with the structures. the light sources are way off. Lol this is precisely why I post things!

O HAI

BBS Signature

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-05 05:51:36

ok I made some quick amendments. Now I have to clean a lot up.

O HAI

BBS Signature

Response to Pulling this angel together-input? 2013-02-07 12:55:33

At 2/5/13 05:51 AM, Jenou wrote: ok I made some quick amendments. Now I have to clean a lot up.

This one is a lot better
did you make changes to the hips?
Not sure how I noticed. ha ha.

BMINUS - Vancouver - Graffiti in motion

"Keep on creating"

Quick Youtube tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArm P_X1J5o