00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank

683 Views | 13 Replies

Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:05:54

Tendai Biti made the announcement at press conference on Tuesday, declaring: "Last week when we paid civil servants there was $217 in government coffers".
Mr Biti went on to tell the shocked news reporters that they were individually likely to have healthier bank balances than the state's.
"The government finances are in paralysis state at the present moment," Mr Biti admitted.
The confession is the culmination of years of ruinous economic policy by Zimbabwe's despotic president, Robert Mugabe, who has ruled the southern African country since independence from Britain in 1980.
A decade ago Mr Mugabe, now aged 88, launched his controversial policy of expropriating white-owned farmland and handing it to blacks.
The policy, which saw 4,000 white farmers forcibly kicked off their land, was economically disastrous. It also demolished investor confidence in the country, paralysed production, and prompted international sanctions.
As a result, Zimbabwe - which was once the fertile "bread basket" of southern Africa and possesses fantastic mineral wealth - is now one of the continent's poorest countries.

Source

Favorite part:Mr Mugabe is aged 88 and is reported to have pancreatic cancer. He however insists that he is the only person who can rule the country effectively.
Rather than acknowledge his own role in the country's economic collapse, Mr Mugabe blames the West, which has imposed economic sanctions in protest at his autocratic rule.

LOL does this mean Real Estate is gonna be cheap so I can buy large chunks of that shithole they call a country? its not like they are in a position to refuse. it would make great hunting land build a house for cheap. hell I could probably hire a bunch of the locals to be my servants paying them $2 a day.

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:17:21

At 1/30/13 08:15 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: lol Tom Fulp could buy Zimbabwe if he wanted to. We could turn it into a breeding grounds for all the NGers

unfrotunatley Zimbabwe hates white people, and breeding with their woman would be a horrible idea (HIV/AIDs)

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:29:58

Better than being trillions of dollars in debt...

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:46:38

At 1/30/13 08:29 AM, Convey wrote: Better than being trillions of dollars in debt...

they are in 200B in debt and have yet to pay it off.

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:51:00

At 1/30/13 08:46 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/30/13 08:29 AM, Convey wrote: Better than being trillions of dollars in debt...
they are in 200B in debt and have yet to pay it off.

Still better than being trillions of dollars in debt...

Still a shit country I wouldn't wanna live in though.

Because I know only stupid people increase the birth rate

I'm just about dumb enough to hold up a sperm bank

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:51:13

White powerrrr!!! Fuck it this is just more of the same red meat garbage.

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 08:59:42

I detect a lack of empathy and overwhelming ethnocentric arrogance in this thread..

BBS Signature

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 09:09:58

At 1/30/13 08:59 AM, Fim wrote: I detect a lack of empathy and overwhelming ethnocentric arrogance in this thread..

You mean the part where Zimbabwe kicked 4000 white farmers off their land?

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 09:15:33

Dude he can string those white people up for all I care.
How'd they get there? Nationalist racist imperialism. Oh and now the White Man gets pushed around by a 1 party system so its a problem? Fuck we're just as bad off as zimbabwe and a lot more ignorant of It. At least they're doing something different, pigs

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 09:18:11

At 1/30/13 09:09 AM, FattyWhale wrote:
At 1/30/13 08:59 AM, Fim wrote: I detect a lack of empathy and overwhelming ethnocentric arrogance in this thread..
You mean the part where Zimbabwe kicked 4000 white farmers off their land?

I mean that people here should try and understand the history of why the country is actually like that before they get on their high horse and slag them off. What the western world has done to that part of the world is the reason that it is so fucked up with poverty and corruption.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 09:24:48

At 1/30/13 09:18 AM, Fim wrote: I mean that people here should try and understand the history of why the country is actually like that before they get on their high horse and slag them off. What the western world has done to that part of the world is the reason that it is so fucked up with poverty and corruption.

Mugabe was the one who started it in Zimabawe. he was the one who started the Land reformation kicking white farmers off who were a supplied a huge amount of national income then just killed by giving it to inexperienced locals in the name of national identity. and he started the trend on prejudice against white in africa.

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 10:33:37

At 1/30/13 09:24 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/30/13 09:18 AM, Fim wrote:
trend on prejudice against white in africa.

Okay while I don't think too highly of Zimbabwe's leadership there is very little to no prejudice against white in africa.
In fact African's look up to whites as being rich and important in Africa.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 10:34:59

At 1/30/13 08:15 AM, ClockworkSpace wrote: We could turn it into a breeding grounds for all the NGers

yeah... that's just what the planet needs... more NGers... -__-

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Zimbabwe $217 left in Bank 2013-01-30 10:45:36

At 1/30/13 10:33 AM, naronic wrote:
At 1/30/13 09:24 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 1/30/13 09:18 AM, Fim wrote:
trend on prejudice against white in africa.
Okay while I don't think too highly of Zimbabwe's leadership there is very little to no prejudice against white in africa.
In fact African's look up to whites as being rich and important in Africa.

bullshit! The downward spiral of the economy has been attributed mainly to mismanagement and corruption by the government and the eviction of more than 4,000 white farmers in the controversial land redistribution of 2000. In recent years there has been a surge in violence and racism against the dwindling white community and particularly against white farmers because they make more money. the same goes for whites in most of the other african countries because they are in higher income rackets and there is discourse against them for it.