00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snooze34 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Double posting" error

895 Views | 13 Replies

"Double posting" error 2013-01-29 15:30:25

It is understandable for the site to prevent you from double posting, as it also prevents you from 4 replies per 30 minutes and 4 (or was it 5) threads per day. But what is irritating about the "double posting" error is that it can be shown when you attempt to reply to a post someone has just made on the same thread which got posted within the same short time frame as yours but came after. Now some times it is good to want to reply to that post and write a quick reply back and attempt to send it. But then the error message shows claiming "you are trying to double post"

Double posting is double posting, writing 2 posts in a row, NOT making a second post shortly after another persons post. Now it can stop us from posting at such speed all it wants, like the other "slow down" message, but it should NOT claim it is double posting when it clearly is not. Posting at high speed and double posting are completely different things!

Does this annoy anyone else, or is it just me who is far too picky about such things?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 15:31:24

What do you call it when you double post 10 times?

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 15:39:47

This isn't about the error itself...it is about it being wrong! It's blatantly easy to deal with it and make it not a problem for posting, but it should say something like "post slower" rather than "you are double posting".

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 18:07:32

It's annoying as fuck, as is the 4 reply limit. Sometimes you're having a discussion with someone. Imagine you laying down your points of view, there's refutal, and then you stop talking, leave, and respond hours later.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 18:11:03

This irks me as well.

A lot of the info and error messages are pretty inaccurate, I wish that they would change it.

Just a chick with a dick.

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 18:30:57

why would you want to post more than twice anyway.

seems wasteful to me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 18:42:07

At 1/29/13 03:39 PM, Protagonist wrote:
At 1/29/13 03:31 PM, DarkMatter wrote: What do you call it when you double post 10 times?
I'm pretty sure you call that spamming.

What if I'm not spamming though?

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 19:27:43

Wouldn't it be ironic if the OP was a double post?

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 19:42:44

I think this error doesn't make any fucking sense.

Double posting isn't allowed on every other forum because you should edit your post instead of making another one. And since you can't edit posts here, then double posting should be allowed, as it's the only way to update a post.

Thankfully you can usually get around it by pressing back and/or refreshing. It usually works.

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 20:43:24

It can be a little frustrating at times, but it's very effective in keeping the BBS clean. On the downside new users probably get frustrated by the fact they can make as many posts as they'd like and choose to post somewhere else.

It's one of the rules unique to Newgrounds and I think it should stay.

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 21:20:36

At 1/29/13 08:40 PM, Urban-Champion wrote: this is the biggest problem the earth has faced ever

Worst problems Earth has faced from greatest to smallest
1.Double posting
2.Bottled Water
3.World War 2

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-29 21:21:49

I personally hate the whole "slow down, you're posting too fast" one more than any other error message...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-30 04:12:10

I personally just wait a bit and then it allows me to post again.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to "Double posting" error 2013-01-30 07:33:05

i never had a problem with it. occasionally, i double post but i rarely get that error message because i don't reply to a thread immediately after my first post.

perhaps you should put more thought to your posts if you personally find the error message annoying, or just be a little bit more patienti and wait until you are allowed to post again.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.